You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Virginia_Mountainman

Pink?! For this?!

111 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
12 posts
7,595 battles

Get home from work, late at night, all the teenagers and the wife are sound asleep, sit down to play some warships, and the game crashes, and crashes hard as soon as I hit the battle button.... Run the repair program, it finds problems, and corrects them...Load back in...and PINK.... Team Kill penalty applied.....:Smile_facepalm:

Simple because the game crashed .....ONCE.....You really need to work on this, for a single game crash to turn someone pink? What if YOUR GAME crashes again? Will I get banished to Co-Op? I say this as a player with well over 100 ships in port, mostly high tier, and over 7,000 battles.

Congratulations, this will be the second time I have ever been pink in warships from closed beta...This is the last sort of nonsense I want to deal with at 2AM local time after about 12 hrs of work in the real world. 

542cf19b-d8f4-4f01-9e56-ddc8e21c3132.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles
5 minutes ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Get home from work, late at night, all the teenagers and the wife are sound asleep, sit down to play some warships, and the game crashes, and crashes hard as soon as I hit the battle button.... Run the repair program, it finds problems, and corrects them...Load back in...and PINK.... Team Kill penalty applied.....:Smile_facepalm:

Simple because the game crashed .....ONCE.....You really need to work on this, for a single game crash to turn someone pink? What if YOUR GAME crashes again? Will I get banished to Co-Op? I say this as a player with well over 100 ships in port, mostly high tier, and over 7,000 battles.

Congratulations, this will be the second time I have ever been pink in warships from closed beta...This is the last sort of nonsense I want to deal with at 2AM local time after about 12 hrs of work in the real world. 

Sleep take care of yourself it makes us human. How can you go through another day without it you can't. Seen many a manager without their sleep and some snap. Needless to say Wargaming should have a better way of severing a slow load in to battles.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,444 posts
20,374 battles

Yeah from what I have seen tonight the system they put in place isn't working like the patch notes said they would. I play co-op almost exclusively and tonight at least half the human team was pink every game. Never seen anything like it in the ten thousand or so games I have played, what a mess. Oops 14k games, didn't notice until after I posted.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
5 minutes ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

send a ticket to wargaming.

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
12 posts
7,595 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

Sleep take care of yourself it makes us human. How can you go through another day without it you can't. Seen many a manager without their sleep and some snap. Needless to say Wargaming should have a better way of severing a slow load in to battles.

Yes it does, but I like to unwind with a match or two before bed late at night.  I am so disgusted tonight I doubt I will even try.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
Just now, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Yes it does, but I like to unwind with a match or two before bed late at night.  I am so disgusted tonight I doubt I will even try.

well, last game of night my game crash, well thought about logging back in and look like I got penalize because my game critical error memory leak but got lifted when I log back into the game wow.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
1 hour ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

Run the repair program, it finds problems

Game program, or your computer as a whole, if its computer thats on you, if its the game program thats still on you, as after updates it pays to verify your files and do a clean up before playing.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for and there will be a lot of others with the same complaint, but in the eyes of the players you were afk and contributed nothing to the match, crash or not

1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

send a ticket to wargaming.

They will do nothing but give an auto response, their customer service is kinda rubbish.

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I play co-op almost exclusively and tonight at least half the human team was pink every game

That's because there are so many pinkies you see in randoms , now your getting them all in co op matches, working as intended

I love the down voter trolls, please keep them coming   

trolls post here 

\/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
12 posts
7,595 battles
10 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Game program, or your computer as a whole, if its computer thats on you, if its the game program thats still on you, as after updates it pays to verify your files and do a clean up before playing.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for and there will be a lot of others with the same complaint, but in the eyes of the players you were afk and contributed nothing to the match, crash or not

It was their game, my computer is, well, how should I put it, extremely overpowered for this game, and highly optimized, I understand what it looked like to my teammates, but the fact remains, this was a one time event, and happened on first load in after a patch, and I even run a "vanilla" client... What it looked like to the players is not really important. Pink for a SINGLE violation is a bit B.S. The system should know that I am a very "clean" player I don't TK, and am very careful with my torpedos (and wish more would do the same)and very seldom do team damage outside of occasional "rubs" and I can't think of a single time that I have quit a battle deliberately.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,444 posts
20,374 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

That's because there are so many pinkies you see in randoms , now your getting them all in co op matches, working as intended

Ehh could be that more people are becoming pink because of the new rules as well.... I have played my share of Random battles and of course with 24 players in a match you are going to get SOMEONE who is pink.... Hardly rocket surgery.  IMHO the only people who are happy with the new rules are the whiners who take to the forums complaining about AFK players, the rest of us just don't care.  

• Cool 4

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

this is why i always run the repair tool right after a patch. you never know.

that being said, when they announced the system i thought it was common sense that they would have accounted for crashes accordingly and excluded them from the system. i'm all for sticking it to players who quit, but going pink from an installer error is not the direction i wanted to see this going. i'm disappointed.

• Cool 2

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,021 posts
4,848 battles

Comrades, rejoice...the system works as intended...we have a simple name for it:

GULAG

• Funny 5

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
3 minutes ago, Virginia_Mountainman said:

It was their game, my computer is, well, how should I put it, extremely overpowered for this game, and highly optimized, I understand what it looked like to my teammates, but the fact remains, this was a one time event, and happened on first load in after a patch, and I even run a "vanilla" client... What it looked like to the players is not really important. Pink for a SINGLE violation is a bit B.S. The system should know that I am a very "clean" player I don't TK, and am very careful with my torpedos (and wish more would do the same)and very seldom do team damage outside of occasional "rubs" and I can't think of a single time that I have quit a battle deliberately.

I understand that but its 3 games, as shown by your picture, done in no time at all, use a t2 - t3 ship

3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ehh could be that more people are becoming pink because of the new rules as well.... I have played my share of Random battles and of course with 24 players in a match you are going to get SOMEONE who is pink.... Hardly rocket surgery.  IMHO the only people who are happy with the new rules are the whiners who take to the forums complaining about AFK players, the rest of us just don't care.  

WG might have taken all the current pink players and automatically put them in co op, 

WG has implemented a new rule, really doesn't matter who brought it up, WG listened to the community, as it had become one of those thing people will complain about, AFK and TK and if you don't care then don't complain

5 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

going pink from an installer error 

The OP had logged in and chose his ship and whatever else and clicked the battle button, so I would hardly say it was installer issue, as the patch had already installed and his game was operating, however what he should do is take a screen shot of this error and send it in to WG, that at least would give them the tools of what caused the error, in fact everyone who gets a crash and an error report should do the same thing 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

GULAG

I didn't think anyone ever got out of a gulag tho

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,021 posts
4,848 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I didn't think anyone ever got out of a gulag tho

Eh....depends....how deep is your pocket comrade? 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,627 posts
10,651 battles

This is the flaw of their new system. If you stop playing while you found a party ( because you crashed for instance) you will automatically becomes pink. It's ok though, I mean you only have 3 battle to play and being pink doesn't punish you.

However if you constantly crash because the game is bugged, you will constantly get pink, hell you can even becomes orange 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,758 posts
15,957 battles
29 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

They will do nothing but give an auto response, their customer service is kinda rubbish.

That has not been my experience, and I've asked them for everything from getting ships back to having bans lifted.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles
9 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The OP had logged in and chose his ship and whatever else and clicked the battle button, so I would hardly say it was installer issue, as the patch had already installed and his game was operating, however what he should do is take a screen shot of this error and send it in to WG, that at least would give them the tools of what caused the error, in fact everyone who gets a crash and an error report should do the same thing 

the ability to open the game doesn't mean the installer worked properly. the game can still run if there were small errors in the installation process, and only when the game tries to read the faulty code will there be a problem (i.e. a crash). the fact that there was an error to fix when he ran the repair tool points to the installer not doing something right.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,444 posts
20,374 battles
18 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG has implemented a new rule, really doesn't matter who brought it up, WG listened to the community, as it had become one of those thing people will complain about, AFK and TK and if you don't care then don't complain

LOL not one to complain and nothing I wrote suggested a complaint. I am sympathetic to the OP (and others affected by the new rules) and laughing at this change. I hold the forum posters who complained about afk players in total contempt/disgust for their whining. Again, not a complaint.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
4,975 battles

Turning pink is no big deal under the new anti-abuse system.

Pink is now just a warning. The orange is the new penalty color. It just isn't that big of a deal, and people are overreacting over this IMO. Like you, I can  count on my hand the number of times I've turned pink (which is now orange under the new system) in over 2 years of playing WoWs.

Pink just is a warning. No penalties. And if you do enough to turn orange, then that simply means working off a few games in co-op. Is it really that bad?

From the WoWs wiki on the new anti-abuse system:

In version 0.7.4, WG's new anti-abuse system is supposed to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.

PINK color meaning the player has received a warning.

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Edited by daVinci761st

[WOLF4]
Members
1,533 posts
3,523 battles

Who would have thought this would have turned into such a gong show?

I did. Not surprised.

WG is really messing with the player base lately. The horrible changes to OPs and now turning honest players into pink pariahs.

You done punishing players yet WG? Or should more players leave this already small game? Show the players some love.

• Cool 4

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
15 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL not one to complain and nothing I wrote suggested a complaint. I am sympathetic to the OP (and others affected by the new rules) and laughing at this change. I hold the forum posters who complained about afk players in total contempt/disgust for their whining. Again, not a complaint.

And I was waiting for the first of the co op prison threads to start, the woah's me threads, WG forums are a real source of entertainment

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles
15 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Watch out for those Florida Oranges!

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
2 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

turning honest players into pink pariahs.

He was, from what WG sees and what his team saw AFK, and was handed a penalty, nothing more nothing less, you work off your penalty and resume, simple.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,319 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

He was, from what WG sees and what his team saw AFK, and was handed a penalty, nothing more nothing less, you work off your penalty and resume, simple.

I can't wait to hear the howling from the fanboys when it happens to them. I downloaded the update about 5 am. PDT, and there was already a micro patch. Don't know what it was for, but something was broken when they released it.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
1 minute ago, toosonmike said:

I can't wait to hear the howling from the fanboys when it happens to them. I downloaded the update about 5 am. PDT, and there was already a micro patch. Don't know what it was for, but something was broken when they released it.

I never worry when I have turned pink, if it was an honest mistake I say I'm sorry, and will generally compliment the now dead team mate for accepting the apology, or it was intended and I don't apologise 

[WOLF4]
Members
1,533 posts
3,523 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I never worry when I have turned pink, if it was an honest mistake I say I'm sorry, and will generally compliment the now dead team mate for accepting the apology, or it was intended and I don't apologise 

Sure if you do something to a team mate yeah.

An honest disconnect though? That's gonna turn people away from the game.