Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Patton3rdarmy13

I Love This Game And All Of You

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
281 posts
8,122 battles

Hello everybody, I have wanted to write this post for a long time and NoZoap recent video has drove me to do it. I have been playing this game since closed beta test and seen the up and downs of this game. In closed beta test was my favorite time in World of Warships. The people playing back then were best player base, we all were learning the game so everybody was helpful and more forgiving. The ships were way more enjoyable to play too, pre-open beta Cleveland and US DDs were a blast to play.

However the end of the closed beta test for me was the end of enjoying the game. When the game entered open beta my pc did not have the specs to run the game. Even that being the case still loved the game but had crashes, 5 minute load ins, no load in to game were painful. How my game ran depressed me and causes a lot of hostile comments from other players. I understood their feelings so I never held it against them. To figure out what I could do to fix this and be a useful teammate I sent tickets to Wargaming and they responded by saying in simplest terms buy new PC or upgrade one I have. That was out of the question no matter how much I would of loved to buy new PC to play game, so for 2 years this game was near unplayable for me. 70% of games I clicked battle button to play I never got chance to play or play very little of it.

That 2 years caused me to learn a lot about the average player temperament. Most players had some understanding that Warships caused some slow load ins and crashes for players, however there was a very vocal small number of players that were hostile to "AFK" players. I found spent way to much time defending my fellow potato PC players in game and forums but for most part found great deal of understanding and support in both. 

Now that I a new PC( thank goodness for Black Friday sales) and get to enjoy game again fully. I still love this game after this time and still think Warships has the best player base of all the WG products( Warplanes has closer bond between players but some few of them). The French BBs were the first line I got to grind up and not have wasted daily XP bonus wasted because I never loaded in, finally got Baltimore after grinding to it for about 3 years. Despite now not having many issues with game performance I still support the fact you should never judge too harsh on "AFK" players. 

Thank you to all who read this. I enjoy playing Warships with all of you and if any of you want to say hi in game feel free. 

Fair winds and calm seas,

Patton3rdarmy13

• Cool 11

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,851 posts
10,417 battles

Nice to read something positive from time to time. Thank you for posting!

Sap7m7j.png

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,327 posts

Keep sailin' the friendly seas

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,327 posts
27 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

We definitely love you guys, this community is amazing, helpful, and very supportive! 

Until we're suddenly not, then you mods have to actually do some work    XD

• Funny 1

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
6 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Until we're suddenly not, then you mods have to actually do some work    XD

Haha, very true! I actually love chatting with you all and getting to know everyone a bit better. Haven't had much trouble out of anyone, which is awesome. :)

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,327 posts
Just now, Jazzyblaster said:

Haha, very true! I actually love chatting with you all and getting to know everyone a bit better. Haven't had much trouble out of anyone, which is awesome. :)

I do find that when the staff of a community interact directly with the users that the users have more trust and respect for the staff, and are more likely to follow rules

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
14 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I do find that when the staff of a community interact directly with the users that the users have more trust and respect for the staff, and are more likely to follow rules

I agree. :)

Sign in to follow this