Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Teapoi

match making failure?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[STK]
Members
9 posts
5,516 battles

image.thumb.png.7087315f1890de4a9695e0b52ba05c47.png

 

OK, here is the one of the three game results that I played today.

We have at least six really good players in our team which makes the game not very balanced.

Moreover, this kind of match making seems to be more often appeared recently. :cap_fainting:

 

Btw, for the other two games I played today, I was on the other side of this kind of match making.

Edited by Teapoi
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
745
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,187 posts
10,416 battles

R1 means nothing and should not be a basis for skill for MM. Anyone can spam ships enough to obtain it. I just never had the patience lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[NOVA]
[NOVA]
Members
46 posts
14,150 battles

Ok this is my counter argument to ur post.. the divs is split in dds, cas and bbs.. I have been in battles where there are multiples of the same ship in a battle.. like 3 khabas, 3 shimas, 3 des moins.. u get the picture.. These kind of try hard divisions with the stat padding spoil the fun for solo randos. The devs need to put in place a checkpoint where not more than one ship of a type can be taken into a battle by a division.

Then coming to individual ranks of these players.. nothing much can be done i guess about that.. maybe put in a queue with similar stat players..?? but then this will lead to some really dull gameplay between teams.. 

Edited by RitzMatt85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[STK]
Members
9 posts
5,516 battles
4 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

R1 means nothing and should not be a basis for skill for MM. Anyone can spam ships enough to obtain it. I just never had the patience lol.

I know, but my point is the match making appears to put skill players on one side more often than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
448 posts
7,474 battles
1 hour ago, Teapoi said:

I know, but my point is the match making appears to put skill players on one side more often than before.

 

I saw nothing in the patch notes about a skill-based matchmaker being introduced, it's your imagination.

Also small sample size, and mismatches have always been common. MM does not factor skill at all.

...

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

My concern now is I'm getting up tiered in every battle. If I wanted to fight tier 10, I'd use a tier 10 boat. 

Worse, I drop down to a tier 5 boat, face tier 7 boats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,304
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,758 posts
15,957 battles
1 hour ago, Teapoi said:

OK, here is the one of the three game results that I played today.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with match, or with this matchmaking.

1 hour ago, RitzMatt85 said:

The devs need to put in place a checkpoint where not more than one ship of a type can be taken into a battle by a division.

Some ships work well with others, some with their own; I don't see where 3 of anything other than CVs is such a big deal. They might get to wait in que for a while, but everyone makes choices. So I don't really think this change is either warranted or needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
1 hour ago, Teapoi said:

image.thumb.png.7087315f1890de4a9695e0b52ba05c47.png

 

OK, here is the one of the three game results that I played today.

We have at least six really good players in our team which makes the game not very balanced.

Moreover, this kind of match making seems to be more often appeared recently. :cap_fainting:

 

Btw, for the other two games I played today, I was on the other side of this kind of match making.

Not at all, working as intended, I think people misunderstood what WG was trying to do with the MM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115
[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,301 battles

Not sure what's what, could just be the night, but I have not had a single close match tonight.  Completely lopsided one side or the other.  I don't care to grab screen shots, but, it's so obvious I came to the forums looking to see if anyone else had posted about it.... just sayin.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,683 posts
12,344 battles
3 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Not sure what's what, could just be the night, but I have not had a single close match tonight.  Completely lopsided one side or the other.  I don't care to grab screen shots, but, it's so obvious I came to the forums looking to see if anyone else had posted about it.... just sayin.. 

 

Skill based MM vs ship based MM was never on WGing's calander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115
[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,301 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Skill based MM vs ship based MM was never on WGing's calander

Not sure why you quoted me here. I'm only sharing an observation and my experience in game tonight.  I've had an enormous amount of crap battles where one team only managed to kill one or two ships. Ending battles early etc.

 

Whether it's just an anomaly tonight or something to do with MM'er changes I have no idea.  I don't for a second believe there is some conspiracy to put all the good players on one team though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,472 posts
7,220 battles
4 hours ago, TurboT said:

Not sure what's what, could just be the night, but I have not had a single close match tonight.  Completely lopsided one side or the other.  I don't care to grab screen shots, but, it's so obvious I came to the forums looking to see if anyone else had posted about it.... just sayin..

Last night the games I had were the opposite...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×