Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

New MM, Meta's So Going to Change

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles

What it should be 4 v 4 unless they've been in the queue for more than 3 min than it goes 5 v5. Glad I made the effort to go to higher tiers before DD became as numerous as Battleships. Carrier rework is confirmed to be in progress having a balanced carrier class back in the game would help tone down the numbers of both BB and DD's a welcome addition. Still don't see how releasing 20 km torpedos designed to kill battleships and carriers soley is going to solve the problem. @Notser think you could elaborate on the cv population going down did you mean all servers? How do you see things turning out?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
32 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

The amount of DDs per match is just unreal.

I have not seen a real difference in DD Quantity  6 -8 per battle  so far. I will wait a few days before starting a complaint thread. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,851 posts
10,417 battles

Played five games today, all were very fast to queue and all had mirrored matchmaking with no more than four DDs per side. We were in a div too!

[RKN]
WoWS Community Contributors
81 posts
10,215 battles
12 hours ago, landedkiller said:

What it should be 4 v 4 unless they've been in the queue for more than 3 min than it goes 5 v5. Glad I made the effort to go to higher tiers before DD became as numerous as Battleships. Carrier rework is confirmed to be in progress having a balanced carrier class back in the game would help tone down the numbers of both BB and DD's a welcome addition. Still don't see how releasing 20 km torpedos designed to kill battleships and carriers soley is going to solve the problem. @Notser think you could elaborate on the cv population going down did you mean all servers? How do you see things turning out?

Just a general statement from the discussion, attempts to recover the population are part of the rework for carriers.  Hopefully the changes bring new blood and keep most of the old players to the carrier

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,270 posts
10,490 battles
45 minutes ago, Notser said:

Just a general statement from the discussion, attempts to recover the population are part of the rework for carriers.  Hopefully the changes bring new blood and keep most of the old players to the carrier

Inevitably, some players are going to like and others won't.  But despite the end of the world cries some may voice over a potentially  increased CV population, it would make the game more diverse, and help reduce things like camping.  Dedicated AA builds on ships may become a viable long-term option as well.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,829 posts
7,053 battles
1 hour ago, Notser said:

Hopefully the changes bring new blood

If the changes ease the burden on those not so good at multitasking, I might consider giving it a go. 

I wish they would unlock all ships in the Public Test Server, so that people who were thinking about giving carriers a go could buy a low-tier one and try it out there (without having to grind for it first). I gave the Hiryu a go in the second round of the 0.7.4 test, but there were just too many squadrons for a complete noob to handle, and relying on autodrop at that tier isn't the best idea, even against bots.

Maybe now that we have open-access training rooms with live bots, people can practice with their live-server carriers and get their act together before taking them out in games where it matters. Trouble is, there are never enough training rooms (unlike the days when you had to hack files to get access to them, then there always seemed to be one open). Something else for the CC's to push WG about! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Sign in to follow this