You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
panzerdeal61

Wing Turret Safety Tip.

12 comments in this topic

Members
68 posts
4,865 battles

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed..there's some BLOOD THIRSTY  Bots in here. That includes Junior officers, aka "Mount Captains' or "Turret Captains" onboard your own ships. This can  inadvertently get you A PK hit on a friendly, so watch your spacing..especially in older ships with the "Lozenge" turret layout, like the Bellerphon, Nassau, et al. 

You can choose to reduce the risk, by turning off your AA mounts...but it costs you a lot of firepower. I've racked up a dozen or more DD kills off secondary mounts, the Nassau's nasty that way. But I've also hit friendlies that strayed too close. 

For future reference. .sorry bout that, send me the repair bill.. but Nassau's a blast in close to a pair of enemies in a "Round Robin" fight for a zone..

Nassau 5 TIP.jpg

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,130 posts
11,211 battles

?????  My understanding has been no friendly fire effects from secondary battery's for some time now . I can not recall once that I did damage to a friendly in my Tirpitz or Bismarck (same commander for both of them  who has a secondary build) even when they were between me and a red team ship I had targeted (manual secondary skill) and my secondary's were blazing away  .  Or with the Missouri whose commander has BFT and AFT when it is firing at red team ships while a team mate or two has been in the way and since the commander does not have the MS skill the secondary guns fire at whoever , on the red team , that comes in range .

As to main battery guns ; they do not fire unless you click the fire button . There are no extra or bot commanders on ships you are playing , just the one commander you put in the ship . So if you do damage to a friendly with your main battery guns then you ARE responsible . Your entire example is wrong in almost every way and the only one I have not addressed is ...  you can not turn off the main battery's ; all you can turn off are secondary and AA .

:Smile_honoring:  

P.S.  This is off course before 0.7.4 as I have not played yet since I downloaded it . All I did so far was checking and adjusting everything new in port and settings .  But nothing I read in the update notice's said anything about a change .

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,564 posts
14,169 battles

there is the odd time a secondary will damage a freindly it's very rare tho and probably means u are too close to ur ally

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,766 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 6:07 AM, xThecanadianx said:

there is the odd time a secondary will damage a freindly it's very rare tho and probably means u are too close to ur ally

Not anymore. They stopped that happening years ago.

Back in the day, BBs--especially lower-tier ones, where DDs had short range torps--would be pink all the time, because their secondaries would be engaging an enemy DD but kill a friendly DD that was trying to help.

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,564 posts
14,169 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Not anymore. They stopped that happening years ago.

Back in the day, BBs--especially lower-tier ones, where DDs had short range torps--would be pink all the time, because their secondaries would be engaging an enemy DD but kill a friendly DD that was trying to help.

still does happen get close to the secondary spray of a gk lol

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

Wait... Off-side wing turrets are controlled by secondary fire AI? SINCE WHEN?! Holy crap where was this when I was playing my Kawachi?! No no, this is too good to be true, I need more proof of this.

Members
68 posts
4,865 battles
32 minutes ago, panzerdeal61 said:

Nassau carries 2 11 inch wing turrets and apparently they add in when secondary's / AA is on..

Found it.."Controls"..

secondaries.jpg

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

That's just prioritizing a secondary battery target though, doesn't say a thing about main battery guns being effected by it.

Members
68 posts
4,865 battles

It's real simple ppl..Pick out 2 ships take them on in any ship that has "Wing" turrets .Atlanta will do for you cruiser types, she had 2 aft 5 inch twins, if I recall.. set auto pilot to a circle half the diameter of a cap point..[ I e go into c alone with your quarry] and engage. Once you do , zoom out and watch. If I were set up for video caps, I'd have had this already up...

Members
68 posts
4,865 battles

HOWEVER, you must have the insanity to go 2:1 on this...and God help ya if a DD comes to the other guys rescue.

With me, it's USUALLY the Cv airstrikes. Which is why  I really want our cv's to nail em first. 2 I can handle, 2 + air's a bit much.