Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MasterDiggs

People get defensive

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
705 posts
5,771 battles

When you point out that they could have had done better, had more kills, etc if they had stayed near the caps instead of leaving the team and chasing a single ship to the j line. :Smile_hiding: He immediately exploded with a tantrum and I didn't have any popcorn handy. I guess I struck a nerve. He even rage reported me, good thing karma is not useful in this game.

As you can guess we lost because the reds had 2 DDs pushing the cap while ours was the one on the j line so we were easily focus fired and torped to death.

I wasn't mad and still am not.  I had fun, got some xp, made some credits, and thought I might give a nugget of advice to someone. Perhaps I should never bother, bring popcorn...

Edited by MasterDiggs

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles

people have a funny way of handling it when they hear the truth

[WOLF7]
Members
11,558 posts
25 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

When you point out that they could have had done better, had more kills, etc if they had stayed near the caps instead of leaving the team and chasing a single ship to the j line. :Smile_hiding: He immediately exploded with a tantrum and I didn't have any popcorn handy. I guess I struck a nerve. He even rage reported me, good thing karma is not useful in this game.

As you can guess we lost because the reds had 2 DDs pushing the cap while ours was the one on the j line so we were easily focus fired and torped to death.

I wasn't mad and still am not.  I had fun, got some xp, made some credits, and thought I might give a nugget of advice to someone. Perhaps I should never bother, bring popcorn...

For every bit of good advice, there are 100 bad ones....How is this player going to determine which category you fall into? :cap_hmm:

If you're expecting any other response from this player base, I'd say the problem is more your's than their's....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
705 posts
5,771 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

For every bit of good advice, there are 100 bad ones....How is this player going to determine which category you fall into? :cap_hmm:

If you're expecting any other response from this player base, I'd say the problem is more your's than their's....:Smile_teethhappy:

Lol, true

Members
1,123 posts
34 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

I guess I struck a nerve. He even rage reported me, good thing karma is not useful in this game.

Be glad he did not have buddies in the battle, they could have worked towards getting you chat banned...trolls do this...a lot.

Members
42 posts
5 hours ago, awiggin said:

WG should have a reward for best comment of the year. It's only April, but this one is leading the pack so far.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,358 battles
6 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Yeap, sign of the times. Snowflakes everywhere:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

I played a game as 1 of 2 DD's(2 DD's per side) in a match. I capped, called targets, told the team where I was going and kept them informed because I wanted to win.

Fast forward 5 games. I am playing a BB and we have 1 DD on each team. He proceeds to ignore caps, goes off on a CV hunt and doesn't communicate at all. He dies going after the CV, and proceeds to berate the team for not supporting him. At this point, I lost it and told him he didn't play for the team, or to win and he didn't deserve any support. We lost, of course.

Needless to say, he didn't care for my assessment of his play, and proceeded to use F bombs etc. So I have him on ignore, and blacklisted him. 

Some people can't handle it when you call them out on bonehead plays. Maybe I can be too harsh at times, but you'd think they might re-evaluate their play if someone tells them they screwed up.

Today, I was on that map with 2 large islands(always forget name: 2 brothers?) when 2 cruisers rush up the middle channel and die. I warned them early on it was a bad idea, but they did it anyway. After they died, I pointed out that they just deprived the team of 2 cruisers; 1 actually apologized. We ended up winning, but at least this player thought about his actions concerning the team versus his own brand of fun for once.

Edited by _Rumple_

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
8 hours ago, awiggin said:

I think common sense alone should dictate which category the advice falls into.

Sign in to follow this