Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

First Eugen Game After the Update

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

224
[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,003 battles

This is the result of my first game in Eugen after the update:

shot-18_04.25_22_23.43-0316.thumb.jpg.b8e8882c537c0fc821f6a4f283cf42c6.jpg

Solo'd a Des Moines who proceeded to complain about how the Eugen was OP with the heal. That comment made my night. Also the salty Yamato on their team complaining about my OP fire starting chance and how they made Eugen potato proof was enertaining.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,297 battles
5 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

This is the result of my first game in Eugen after the update:

shot-18_04.25_22_23.43-0316.thumb.jpg.b8e8882c537c0fc821f6a4f283cf42c6.jpg

Solo'd a Des Moines who proceeded to complain about how the Eugen was OP with the heal. That comment made my night. Also the salty Yamato on their team complaining about my OP fire starting chance and how they made Eugen potato proof was enertaining.

I did 127K this morning. Would have only been about 45K had it not been for the Heals. Funnily enough I started 12 fires I thought I was in a Jap CA for a sec. 

GG BTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,003 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I did 127K this morning. Would have only been about 45K had it not been for the Heals. Funnily enough I started 12 fires I thought I was in a Jap CA for a sec. 

GG BTW

People say the heal is mediocre, but it helps so much, especially against Tier X. That extra staying power means a lot. Sometimes Eugen can surprise you with her fire setting ability, just don't tell anyone....

5ae13b87ed4fc_PrinzEugenFire.jpg.e2ccbcc20fa475b20a523ff24f9b3a33.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,297 battles
4 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

People say the heal is mediocre, but it helps so much, especially against Tier X. That extra staying power means a lot. Sometimes Eugen can surprise you with her fire setting ability, just don't tell anyone....

5ae13b87ed4fc_PrinzEugenFire.jpg.e2ccbcc20fa475b20a523ff24f9b3a33.jpg

It maybe mediocre but it beats going back to Port when there is still damage on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
2,977 battles

Just bought mine earlier today. Not regretting that $41. So far I really like it. Guns actually cooperate with me a little better than the American ones. Feel a lot punchier too for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,003 battles
Just now, Halonut24 said:

Just bought mine earlier today. Not regretting that $41. So far I really like it. Guns actually cooperate with me a little better than the American ones. Feel a lot punchier too for some reason.

German AP has higher alpha damage than American AP. The tradeoff is German AP bounces off of ships easier than American shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
783
[-VT3-]
Members
1,842 posts
3,584 battles

Glad to hear the Eugen got a bit of love.

 

Anyone tried the Hipper out with its buffed reload?  Its poor performance has always been due to its low DPM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,003 battles
12 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Glad to hear the Eugen got a bit of love.

 

Anyone tried the Hipper out with its buffed reload?  Its poor performance has always been due to its low DPM.

Have not been able to test her myself, my captain is tied to hindenburg, however I would surmise that her increase in DPM would help her perform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

I've always liked Eugen and Hipper (gun arcs are awesome!) - just found them tough to carry in.  I think the heal is going to allow you to take an extra risk or two each match when low tier with Eugen and make her able to bully a bit when high tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
224
[SEALZ]
Members
541 posts
6,003 battles
4 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

That's actually really good, the only thing worrying me about prinz is the low fire chance

Honestly you don't really notice the low fire damage too much. If you run flags and demo expert it's manageable. Now are there times where I go 70+ hits and only set two fires? Sure, but I also have games where I go 30 hits and set six fires. Also when it comes to fire chance, number of fires doesn't matter if they put them out. Sometimes setting only one fire at a crucial moment could spell the end for a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×