You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rilak

new MM is working !

95 comments in this topic

Members
1,006 posts
12,843 battles

played 6 games today and all 6 had even tiers and ship types. 15-30 secs to launch.

now we know it is possible, how about a nice +1 -1 tier MM and ill gladly wait 30-60 secs :)

• Cool 9

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
13 minutes ago, Rilak said:

played 6 games today and all 6 had even tiers and ship types. 15-30 secs to launch.

now we know it is possible, how about a nice +1 -1 tier MM and ill gladly wait 30-60 secs :)

+1-1 would require more than a simple change to the MM,  there would need to be a complete balance pass to avoid ships becoming overpowered.

• Cool 1

Members
1,006 posts
12,843 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

+1-1 would require more than a simple change to the MM,  there would need to be a complete balance pass to avoid ships becoming overpowered.

perhaps so, but the WG line was always would take too long to start a match.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It's a step in the right direction, for sure.

Edited by cometguy

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
1 minute ago, Rilak said:

perhaps so, but the WG line was always would take too long to start a match.

That is a factor too. Most ships do just fine as bottom tier in three tier matches with a few exceptions that really do struggle. WoT has far more need of a +1-1 MM because a bottom tier medium tank can't hurt the top tier tanks and almost always don't have the stealth to be able to scout.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
31 minutes ago, Rilak said:

:Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great::Smile_great:

Oh, and..

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

No it wouldn't.  Ships are not balanced vs ships two tiers higher.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

No it wouldn't.  Ships are not balanced vs ships two tiers higher.

There are a lot of over performing ships in the current three tier system that would only perform better in two tier matches so yes a balance pass would be necessary.

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
10,013 posts
28,150 battles
16 hours ago, Rilak said:

This man has deep wisdom. Heed it, WG.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There are a lot of over performing ships in the current three tier system that would only perform better in two tier matches so yes a balance pass would be necessary.

Not really.  Ships are presently balanced to compare to the ships in tier, not ships higher.  Ships that are more powerful now, aren't going to be suddenly unleashed by not seeing ships two tiers higher any longer.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

there would need to be a complete balance pass to avoid ships becoming overpowered.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here at all; could you please elaborate?

59 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What I'm not understanding is how they would be MORE overpowered if they were facing ships within 1 tier rather than facing ships within 2 tiers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here at all; could you please elaborate?

What I'm not understanding is how they would be MORE overpowered if they were facing ships within 1 tier rather than facing ships within 2 tiers.

The balance pass is to make sure all ships are balanced to the new MM. Ships that are currently doing really well will do better when they stop seeing three tier matches.

3 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

MM still hates Tier 5!

The "problem" for tier 5 is the 66% bottom or middle tier matches but that except for a few ships is really just mental as they seem to still be performing about where they did before the protection of tier 3 & 4.

Members
1,123 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The "problem" for tier 5 is the 66% bottom or middle tier matches but that except for a few ships is really just mental as they seem to still be performing about where they did before the protection of tier 3 & 4.

There were four (two each side) T5s in the battle, and one per side T6, the rest were T7s.  All four T5s gone inside 3 mins.  That was my first battle in a T5 since update.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,754 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Kamikaze R.

Looking at this year's battles only, I've got a 65% win rate in it at an average battle level of 6.3. How high do you think that would go if I never had to face Belfast or Atlanta or Gneisenau or Schors or... etc.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
1 minute ago, Minah_Bang said:

There were four (two each side) T5s in the battle, and one per side T6, the rest were T7s.  All four T5s gone inside 3 mins.  That was my first battle in a T5 since update.

One match isn't a big enough sample. From a quick look at Warships Today the survival and win rates are similar for the 5's compared to the other tiers.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I'll bite.

So what?

Edited by Wulfgarn

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
23 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Looking at this year's battles only, I've got a 65% win rate in it at an average battle level of 6.3. How high do you think that would go if I never had to face Belfast or Atlanta or Gneisenau or Schors or... etc.

Doesn't make any difference, as it would depend on how your TEAM did, not just you. And since it would be the same for BOTH teams, I don't think it would make a bit of difference.

34 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The balance pass is to make sure all ships are balanced to the new MM. Ships that are currently doing really well will do better when they stop seeing three tier matches.

Since BOTH teams would be given the same MM, and face the same range in tiers, I fail to see where any one single ship could or would have an advantage.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,734 posts
15,946 battles
37 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This illustrates my point about +/- 1 MM, which DOES occur at tier 4 in tier 5 matches, and yet, somehow, the tier 5 ships don't really dominate those matches.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,754 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Doesn't make any difference, as it would depend on how your TEAM did, not just you. And since it would be the same for BOTH teams, I don't think it would make a bit of difference.

Since BOTH teams would be given the same MM, and face the same range in tiers, I fail to see where any one single ship could or would have an advantage.

Wait, wait, wait.

You're seriously telling me that you don't think it's going to make ANY difference at all to have the Kamikaze never face radar? That removal of the apex predator won't make it even easier to win with her?

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
30 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

I'll bite.

So what?

So you would be happy going against those over performing ships in lesser performing ships? That is pretty much the complaint now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,756 posts
10,986 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This illustrates my point about +/- 1 MM, which DOES occur at tier 4 in tier 5 matches, and yet, somehow, the tier 5 ships don't really dominate those matches.

I was looking mainly at tier 5 - 10 but there are a lot of under performers in tier 4 and they are not doing better with the protection they are getting. +1-1 is 99% psychological.