Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

DDs/BBs/CAs (CHAPTER 6) Naval Battle of Guadalcanal part 1

Would you like to participate ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to join? select all that apply

• YES
    • no? why post down below
    • USN
    • IJN
    • I have enough ships that I can do both and flip sides like the italians in ww2.
    • i have an Indianapolis
    • i have kongos
    • i have atlantas
    • i have IJN dds tier 7-8
    • i have usn DDs tier 7-9
    • i have a sims
    • i have a New Orleans

25 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,227 battles

(CHAPTER 6) Naval Battle of Guadalcanal part 1

WE will try this on this coming  FRIDAY and saturday  on APRIL 27th and 28th 4/27/18 and 4/28/18 8:30-11:30PM US Eastern standard time , 7:30-10:30 PM US CENTRAL TIME, 6:30-9:30 PM US MOUNTAIN TIME, 5:30-7:30 PM US PACIFIC TIME , 10:30AM -1:30 PM in Sydney Australia 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM in Perth Australia.  

this will be in the training room labeled naval battle Guadalcanal part 1  chapter 6. search for training rooms by Outwardpanicjoe 

IJN force addition to the battleships Hiei (Abe's flagship) and Kirishima,  light cruiser Nagara (us kuma class or similar.) destroyers (SamidareMurasameAsagumoTeruzukiAmatsukazeYukikazeIkazuchiInazumaAkatsukiHarusame, and Yūdachi).[19] Three more destroyers (ShigureShiratsuyu, and Yūgure) would provide a rear guard in the Russell Islands during Abe's foray into the waters of "Savo Sound" around and near Savo Island. For this scenario we will use the 2 Kongo class BBs, any kuma class light cruiser or similar. DDS 3 Shiratsuyu, 2 Kagero, 3 Akatsuki, 1 Akizuki.

Objective: push the USN out of Guadalcanal and away from the volcano destroy at least 2 CLs and 4 DDs to claim victory and make way for your transports.

USN force  His force consisted of two heavy cruisers (San Francisco and Portland), three light cruisers (HelenaJuneau, and Atlanta), and eight destroyersCushingLaffeySterettO'BannonAaron WardBartonMonssen, and Fletcher. Admiral Callaghan commanded from San Francisco. For this scenario we are going to use 1 Indianapolis for the  Portland, San Francisco (new Orleans), 2 Atlanta classes, 1 mahan, 1 sims , 2 fletchers, 2  bensons.  

OBJECTIVE : USN must push the IJN out of the slot and take out, take one BB down to 1/3 HP , destroy 3 DDs at least one must be in the Akatsuki class, and one cruiser to claim victory.   

This is a closer quarter’s engagement fight all must fight in close to the slot by or behind the volcano.

if your team thinks you will lose the ship needed to take a victory you can pull back a map border to try again but it the enemy team takes out the ships before you get there or capture the slot they will claim victory.  

if anyone is interested in helping to make new events or suggestions feel free to join the workshop discord  https://discord.gg/ygjyP2G

battle.jpg

Edited by outwardpanicjoe
  • Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,227 battles
15 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Would me being able to do 8:30pm - 10:30pm Central, be a problem?

no not really we would probably be doing a few of the events till you got here. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,820 posts
4,680 battles
1 minute ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

no not really we would probably be doing a few of the events till you got here. 

If me being late to the fun isn't a problem, count me in.

My Preference: Akizuki, or Akatsuki

I do have all IJN DDs that are listed, and will be perfectly happy to play any of them. GUADALCANAL SHALL FOREVER BE UNDER IJN CONTROL!!!:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,978 posts
4,184 battles

I have New Orleans, Kongo, Kuma.

What map?

Members
581 posts
5,144 battles

I love everything about this. I'm a huge Guadalcanal history buff. My grandfather watched this battle in person from the island.  Unfortunately, I doubt I can attend on such short notice...but this is really cool.

• Cool 1

Members
45 posts
5,022 battles

I replied no because I simply cannot commit to the time slot otherwise I would be a hard yes.  Would love to see the replay.  

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,227 battles
4 hours ago, Hobobeast said:

I replied no because I simply cannot commit to the time slot otherwise I would be a hard yes.  Would love to see the replay.  

ah ok no problem we do this kind of thing every week to 2 weeks. 

Members
809 posts
5,496 battles

I’ve been to a couple of these events now and they are ton of fun if your available you should definitely participate. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the eaither day this time but wish you guys the the best of luck. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,577 posts
12,558 battles

I would like to go for IJN I got HSF Harekaze, Kuma and ARP Kongous.

and for USN I got New Orleans. 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,227 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I would like to go for IJN I got HSF Harekaze, Kuma and ARP Kongous.

and for USN I got New Orleans. 

that's fine just make sure you put on a standard camo and use the normal guns found on the kagero and you should be good. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,978 posts
4,184 battles

Event will start later.  Check about 9pm CST.

[NWNG]
Members
2,820 posts
4,680 battles
14 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

just message me when you are ready 

in game, or on the forum? because I be ready

Sign in to follow this