You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Free XP

29 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,776 posts
9,443 battles

I am a few thousand short of 750k. Know it affords Mushashi, but seeing how it's a downscaled Yamato with a bit less sigma, not sure I want to buy it.

Couple players said to buy Nelson, but I am working enough ship lines that premium won't see much action.

Just hoard for buying upgrades on T8-19 ships as I acquire them?

[WNSTN]
Members
2,709 posts
16,399 battles
6 minutes ago, Reymu said:

That's typically what I do, but these days I'm also unwilling to put up with ships I don't like (looking at you, pre-buffed Hipper!).

Also, there's the new USN CL line coming, and I will be getting that T10 on the first day. Plus, I have no desire to get another premium BB.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,166 posts
9,558 battles

Getting all the free xp boats first then using it on ships lol

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
316 posts
5,823 battles

Isn't the new Tier 9 Prem USSR Cruiser Kronshtadt rumored to be a free XP ship coming soon?

Also, the Musashi is a great credit earner (not as good as MO I know!) but I am averaging about 20-25k more damage per game in it than my MO.  While the AA, secondaries and sigma may be off the Yamato a bit, you also face Tier 7's once in a while, fun BB IMO, though I'm not a good BB player.

[WOLF5]
Members
723 posts
24,517 battles

I'd say it depends on if you plan on getting the Yammy. If so, then how far along are you on the HSF collection? If you have a ways to go and have activated the collection, then I'd say get the Musashi because you can then get 10 additional containers. Those missions are available until 0.7.5 (so 4 weeks or so). That way you get a perm camo for the Yammy saving you 5000 doubloons (ok, it's slightly worse than the purchased camo for earning XP, but has the same economic bonuses). 

Remember the HSF boat sale ends on 9/30/2018 so I'm guessing the collection will also end sometime around then, so you can likely still finish the collection, but getting the portraits seems to be hit/miss on daily containers, so getting an additional 20 portraits via containers may be something you want to do instead of hoping you can finish in the next 5 months. 

Also remember this coming weekend is +200%xp first mission bonus, so stack your special flags and camos to maximize your free XP earning . If you have good games and stack Frosted Fir/Type 59/Pi/etc with Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Equal speed Charlie London and Papa Papa, you'll be shocked at how fast you can actually earn freeXP when you put your mind to it

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,784 battles
28 minutes ago, Reymu said:

I am a few thousand short of 750k. Know it affords Mushashi, but seeing how it's a downscaled Yamato with a bit less sigma, not sure I want to buy it.

Couple players said to buy Nelson, but I am working enough ship lines that premium won't see much action.

The only actual downside to Musashi is that the average performance is so high, even with more than 60% win rate and more than 100k avg damage, you still get a green rating...

Whoever kept saying Musasushi sucks, are just like the people saying Asashio's good, both are idiots.

My Sad face when:

Musashi   Musashi  9 Japan 39 61.54% 1 141 99 177 1.05 0.31 Details

1100 rating...

Edited by NeutralState

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Musashi will make more credits and xp than Yamato and every other premium with the exception of Missouri. You can also put any CC you want in her without penalty. Her guns aren’t as accurate, but they are no less accurate than any other Jap BB. Her spotter plane also has more uptime and less cooldoen than Yamato. Her AA is her weakness. 

Except for AA (which Yamato’s is that great anyway) the performance difference is marginal at best between the two. Musashi will be profitable while you’ll have to spend 5000 gold on Yamato to make so.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I've never saved up that much free XP.  I've just been using mine as needed/wanted to unlock modules and may buy the Musashi or whatever is there at the time when I stockpile enough.  I think I'm around 400k right now.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,270 posts
16,866 battles

It's your XP.  Use it how YOU want to!

[NG-NL]
Members
5,776 posts
9,443 battles
30 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

I'd say it depends on if you plan on getting the Yammy. If so, then how far along are you on the HSF collection? If you have a ways to go and have activated the collection, then I'd say get the Musashi because you can then get 10 additional containers. Those missions are available until 0.7.5 (so 4 weeks or so). That way you get a perm camo for the Yammy saving you 5000 doubloons (ok, it's slightly worse than the purchased camo for earning XP, but has the same economic bonuses). 

Remember the HSF boat sale ends on 9/30/2018 so I'm guessing the collection will also end sometime around then, so you can likely still finish the collection, but getting the portraits seems to be hit/miss on daily containers, so getting an additional 20 portraits via containers may be something you want to do instead of hoping you can finish in the next 5 months. 

Also remember this coming weekend is +200%xp first mission bonus, so stack your special flags and camos to maximize your free XP earning . If you have good games and stack Frosted Fir/Type 59/Pi/etc with Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Equal speed Charlie London and Papa Papa, you'll be shocked at how fast you can actually earn freeXP when you put your mind to it

I haven't been buying HSF boats (unlocked Graf Spee when mission was available, no need of 2 for example) and if you looked at my ship stats, you'd already know I have Yamato--and yes, bought her camo because enjoyed those monster MB. Now if it's a game of chance w/ containers, sure, I'll take whatever rngesus gives.

More or less getting over my mental exhaustion from a diet change, so got catching up to do on my 3 college classes. Not expecting to grind much FXP--and this would be the 4th time I had an opportunity to grind lots of it.

Members
3,973 posts
8,618 battles
34 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Musashi will make more credits and xp than Yamato and every other premium with the exception of Missouri.

Not if your Yamato has the premium camo.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,279 posts
5,838 battles
3 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Not if your Yamato has the premium camo.

Still wouldn't earn more.

[TAFFY]
Members
76 posts
5,020 battles

I'm very nervous that Musashi will be removed from tech tree very soon just like Missouri in 0.7.2. I currently have 380k of Free XP, and I'm so desperate to get the Musashi. It takes a while to grind Free XP to reach 750k. I don't know will Musashi be staying in tech tree forever or not.

Members
3,973 posts
8,618 battles

Maybe true as I didn't really look into it. 5000 gold for the camo on a ship I intend to play alot was the better option for me than getting Musashi.

[BSL]
Members
941 posts
15,948 battles

Nelson is unique.  I would grab it immediately.  Mushi is a watered-down Yami.  Nelson doesn't have an equal in the UK tree. 

Members
1,661 posts
14,253 battles

Both ships are good, Nelson is of course the less expensive option, but I really enjoy it, Musashi is great, even meh games gets good credit returns - and strong captain trainer- either choice is good, but in my book Nelson is less risk ( quality ship 1/2 the free exp).

[WOLF9]
Members
1,130 posts
4,966 battles

I just unlocked the Nelson with free XP a couple of weeks ago and have had a blast taking into matches. Makes good coin in matches, even co-op or a bad random loss, and as with any premium ship, it is nice to have to train up those UK captains.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

I just used a chunk of mine to gather all the USN cruisers from Cleveland to Baltimore, which I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy playing more than either Nelson or Musashi. Plus I'll get some new cruisers after the split.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,009 posts
11,309 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

That can and does face tier 7.  Regardless of the nerfs the guns are still very much tier 10. Musashi is a brutal thug of a ship totally worth it.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I have about 2,400,000 FXP (and 2 mil Commander XP) that I'm saving for Captain training when the USN Cruiser split finally gets here. Hell, as much as WG's been dragging their feet, I might have twice those amounts by the time WG releases the USN Cruiser split.

[WOLF5]
Members
723 posts
24,517 battles
40 minutes ago, Rulue said:

I'm very nervous that Musashi will be removed from tech tree very soon just like Missouri in 0.7.2. I currently have 380k of Free XP, and I'm so desperate to get the Musashi. It takes a while to grind Free XP to reach 750k. I don't know will Musashi be staying in tech tree forever or not.

If you mount the economic signals with a bonus generating camo, you'd be surprised how fast you can generate Free XP. For instance, a base 1500xp game with premium time, Type 59 camo (2x bonus), Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa and and the +200% first win bonus like this coming weekend would get you almost 13,000 Free XP.

If you have those special camos that we just got, Mosaic would be around 16k and spring sky would get you close to 20k for the same game, 

Basically, with a +200% first win bonus with the above flag/camo combination, you could grind 750k of Free XP in under 60 games AVERAGING 1500 base xp assuming you won every game. 

[FML]
Members
2,530 posts
12,064 battles
1 hour ago, Rulue said:

I wouldn’t panic. Missouri was around for a year or more, and Musashi has only recently been released. 

But even if you do miss the boat (hah!) I imagine it would be replaced by another high tier free xp sink because I am sure free xp conversion drive a lot of gold sales. 

Who knows, the next one could be a Soviet battlecruiser that knows not the meaning of balans. 

[R-F]
Members
955 posts
13,489 battles

Musashi is OP. I bought her a week ago. 14 or 15 games and still haven't lost a game in it yet. 100% win rate. I'm sure you can pick her up after she gets the nerf hammer...we don't mind. Nelson on the other hand is very. ...meh 

Edited by Megrim3

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts
10 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Musashi is OP. I bought her a week ago. 14 or 15 games and still haven't lost a game in it yet. 100% win rate. I'm sure you can pick her up after she gets the nerf hammer...we don't mind. 

i think the MM shines on you, i don't believe a single BB can carry that much consistently, but GZ i will believe it, lol