Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KaptainKaybe

Wargaming, Any News on a German Premium DD?

26 comments in this topic

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts

So with Asashio about to hit the shop and becoming the *7th* premium IJN destroyer that's been available to players, fans of German DDs are getting a little ... antsy.

The German destroyer line has been out for nearly a year and a half and yet have no DD captain trainer whatsoever. No other tech tree line has ever waited remotely  this long before being offered a premium ship to play with. The recently released Pan-Asian DDs had two long before the line was in game. French BBs had Dunkerque for a long time and then Gascogne just before the tech tree ships released. And before that, you had British BBs with three (now four) premiums.

You started work on the T-61 last summer. You started work on Z-39 a couple of months ago. Yet, still no news, no final reviews, no ships in store.

What's going on? Hell, at this point, we'll be happy with a photo of Angela Merkel in a floating cardboard box, as long as it had torps and guns.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
10 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

So with Asashio about to hit the shop and becoming the *7th* premium IJN destroyer that's been available to players, fans of German DDs are getting a little ... antsy.

The German destroyer line has been out for nearly a year and a half and yet have no DD captain trainer whatsoever. No other tech tree line has ever waited remotely  this long before being offered a premium ship to play with. The recently released Pan-Asian DDs had two long before the line was in game. French BBs had Dunkerque for a long time and then Gascogne just before the tech tree ships released. And before that, you had British BBs with three (now four) premiums.

You started work on the T-61 last summer. You started work on Z-39 a couple of months ago. Yet, still no news, no final reviews, no ships in store.

What's going on? Hell, at this point, we'll be happy with a photo of Angela Merkel in a floating cardboard box, as long as it had torps and guns.

61 is in development limbo because they don’t seem to know which direction they want to go with her to balance her. It’s been stated in a few Q&As. And if you’d check the dev blog you’d know that just the other day they posted that Z-39 is entering another round of ST for some changes.

So yes, there has been news. You just haven’t been checking the official sources or missed it.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,878 battles
13 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Oh so much temptation to fire Photoshop but alas no time at the moment.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

61 is in development limbo because they don’t seem to know which direction they want to go with her to balance her. It’s been stated in a few Q&As. And if you’d check the dev blog you’d know that just the other day they posted that Z-39 is entering another round of ST for some changes.

So yes, there has been news. You just haven’t been checking the official sources or missed it.

Worry not, I check the dev blog every day. But a dev blog is a far cry from actual release. They could post weekly about changes to either the T-61 or Z-39 for the next year ... still wouldn't change the fact that neither is hitting the shop.

Personally, while I know everyone wants the T-61, I'm personally really eager for the Z-39 as she's very beefy at tier 7. Although I wish she had the Z-23 reload on her 150s instead of the Gaede one.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,568 posts
5,702 battles

The T-61 is in development hell, and the Z-39 looks to be the replacement. Unfortunately, the Z-39 is still pretty early in the process. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles

I don't know why this is so difficult.

There are plenty of 1936 Mob or Mob A's to choose form, 5 gun formats of the 150mm's... All they need to do is tinker with the consumables or stats to make it unique from Z-23.. But this seems quite hard for the devs.

Something like Z-32 which was very active, fought against current ships in game and ones that will soon be ingame.. I don't see why this is so hard. 

Z-39  was a failed attempt at a tier 8, I don't understand why it is so difficult putting in a ship that has many tier 8 options.. 

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts
8 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Z-39  was a failed attempt at a tier 8, I don't understand why it is so difficult putting in a ship that has many tier 8 options.. 

They dropped her to tier 7, and the CCs that have tested her at tier 7 say she seems pretty balanced as is. Like I said, I wish those four guns had the Z-23 reload (6.7s) instead of the Gaede one (7.5) ... after all, she IS a Z-23 minus one gun ... but given she has Z-23 health, Z-23 concealment, and good AA by KM DD standards, I can sorta accept that.

As for T-61 ... I think what's really hurting her in development is the 68s base torpedo reload. The moment I saw that, I knew this could be problematic. Of course, this is why everyone is drooling over her, and if she ever launches with a 90s reload, these guys would freak the hell out.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles
1 minute ago, KaptainKaybe said:

They dropped her to tier 7, and the CCs that have tested her at tier 7 say she seems pretty balanced as is. Like I said, I wish those four guns had the Z-23 reload (6.7s) instead of the Gaede one (7.5) ... after all, she IS a Z-23 minus one gun ... but given she has Z-23 health, Z-23 concealment, and good AA by KM DD standards, I can sorta accept that.

As for T-61 ... I think what's really hurting her in development is the 68s base torpedo reload. The moment I saw that, I knew this could be problematic. Of course, this is why everyone is drooling over her, and if she ever launches with a 90s reload, these guys would freak the hell out.

Personally speaking, I have had it with tier 7 premiums.  The only one I would potentially look at is Haida but outside of that I have enough. 

I am more concerned with Tier 8 premium trainers.. That is for me the golden tier for potential must buy premiums. 

So its quite disappointing to see that there is absolutely nothing on the horizon for a KM tier 8 DD premium :( 

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts

I'm okay with tier 7 premium DDs as long as they have tier 8 concealment. I normally hate playing with tier 7 DDs of old as they get absolutely murdered by much stealthier DDs when uptiered.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Junostorm said:

My thoughts exactly!

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,468 posts
10,544 battles

Missed my as a customer as I just got my T10 German DD...no need now.

[WOLF9]
Members
835 posts
6,104 battles
29 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Do it! My photoshop skills are nowhere near good enough for that ;)

Nobody's Photoshop chops are that good.

I guessing T61 is stuck in Limbo and because of the same demons as Haida namely; someone in the relevant goober-ments has decided to be 'involved'.

[AXANR]
Members
3,384 posts
17,695 battles
2 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Plz no Angela Merkel in a floating cardboard box. Just no. Too many hot German chicks out there to stare at Angela Merkel barfing torps out of her mouth on my screen. 

• Funny 1

[TLOD]
Members
263 posts
1 hour ago, Junostorm said:

Please....

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,653 posts
3,895 battles
2 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Today I learned that people consider Tachibana worthwhile, and Shinonome + Harekaze count for 3 ships each.

Or are you counting the three identical Kamikazes as separate ships, despite being 100% identical and also never being sold again?

[NGA]
Members
1,739 posts
9,291 battles
7 minutes ago, _Bunyan_ said:

I'm sorry but what is special about the t61?

Her guns and torps reload much faster than the Gaede. Her gunnery range is greater. Her turning circle is smaller. She's stealthier. Essentially, she's a better version of the 5" Gaede, but lacks the option of using 6" guns and has less health. A lot of people have complained that she's pay to win even though CC stats show she's performing at a reasonable level for a tier VI DD.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts
37 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Today I learned that people consider Tachibana worthwhile, and Shinonome + Harekaze count for 3 ships each.

Or are you counting the three identical Kamikazes as separate ships, despite being 100% identical and also never being sold again?

It's still 7 ships, regardless. Even if you cut that down by half, it's still *infinitely* more ships than the german DDs since anything divided by zero breaks math.

Wargaming, please save math! Give us german DD premiums!

[-ARP-]
Members
304 posts
16,439 battles
39 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

It's still 7 ships, regardless. Even if you cut that down by half, it's still *infinitely* more ships than the german DDs since anything divided by zero breaks math.

Wargaming, please save math! Give us german DD premiums!

but didn't Japan have more DD TYPES then Germany?

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

I heard from a reliable source that the new Premium German DD will, in fact, be a tier 7 submarine that can launch torps from stealth all day long and radar does not detect them.  :cap_haloween:

[INTEL]
Members
1,497 posts
10,430 battles

There's a teaser in the May Mission Briefing.

Sales and Surprises

• Where'd the May 4th stuff go? Hmm...
  • Commander-palooza!
  • Brought to you by the letter Z
  • Give ‘em a taste of the Double Dukes!
  • Cruisn’ through America

One might think this is a Z-DD and possibly the USN cruiser split.  But they've fooled us before.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

Edited by ClassicLib

[DRACS]
Members
4,384 posts
1 hour ago, ClassicLib said:

There's a teaser in the May Mission Briefing.

One might think this is a Z-DD and possibly the USN cruiser split.  But they've fooled us before.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

Good catch!

Fairly certain this not so subtle hint is the Z-39. Guess we'll know for certain if LWM releases her review as she usually does so around a week before release.

Hopefully with the Z-23 reload.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

Sign in to follow this