Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruiser_Chicago

Minimap Bugged?

5 comments in this topic

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
804 posts
7,007 battles

There might be an issue with the minimap when it tries to display a ship's last known position. Instead of the usual empty white ship icon on the minimap, you get one that's colored in red. This might lead one to assume that a ship is about to render, but in reality you're looking at empty space.

This happened in one of my recent matches where I thought a Yorck would render on my screen but he never did. On the minimap he was "stationary" in the same spot for over 30 seconds before I looked over at him.

Spoiler

tRhqnZc.jpg

The next time the Yorck's position was updated on the minimap, he had the usual white outline.

Spoiler

FCIeLRw.jpg

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,012 posts
8,931 battles

The same thing happened to me a few minutes ago.  I could see a red ship on the mini-map very close to me but couldn't see anything on the main screen.  After 30-45 seconds, the mystery image disappeared on the mini-map.  

Members
1 post
10,041 battles

A similar thing just happened to me - the mini map froze with 3-4 enemy ships on it. The enemy had deployed smoke but all the ships froze - then they suddenly appeared on main screen and killed me :(  . When they appeared, the mini map unfroze and they had all moved at least one grid square.  Disappointing and I hope that it gets addressed but in the end it is a free game for me so I am not going to whine too much. Thanks for listening!  Cheers.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,928 posts
4,184 battles

This may have something to do with WG trying to synch the main map and the mini-map.

Sign in to follow this