Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Been almost 2 years

20 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,343 battles

Since I got my first ARP ship. Thanks WGing for letting me sell them off. Some of us like myself who even earned them thrice over are thrilled that I got 6 new Port slots. I kept 2, sold the rest. Now I need to figure out which non-Weeb ships to buy back. 

Thanks WGing

• Cool 3

[NGA]
Members
1,755 posts
9,361 battles

Yeah selling my fleet of ARP targets is what gave me the ability to fully upgrade and equipped my beautiful Alsace. Major props for adding this Wargaming.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I didn't need the credits but I'm happy as a hog in slops to finally be able to get rid of those eye-bleeding boogers.

[SIM]
Members
3,599 posts
5,723 battles

While I would never sell my ARP ships, I’m glad that the people who had zero interest in them finally have a bit of a reward for completing the missions.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,553 posts
20,417 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

While I would never sell my ARP ships, I’m glad that the people who had zero interest in them finally have a bit of a reward for completing the missions.

^This.  100000% this.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,850 posts
10,414 battles

Not selling mine, but I am glad that WG is giving people the option. Same goes for dismissing the commanders.

[SALVO]
Members
20,553 posts
20,417 battles

Since they've made the change to allow ARP ships to be sold, maybe they'd reconsider giving the ARP ships the basic -3/-4 camo benefits, since they can't remove their skins or mount camo.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

Why on earth you would sell them when you can remove them from view is bizarre. Also, they make the perfect Japanese captain trainers. I am running my Yamato captain through all seven ARP ships each day to get the first win bonus on each ship. He is racking up XP at a really fast rate.

[SALVO]
Members
20,553 posts
20,417 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Why on earth you would sell them when you can remove them from view is bizarre. Also, they make the perfect Japanese captain trainers. I am running my Yamato captain through all seven ARP ships each day to get the first win bonus on each ship. He is racking up XP at a really fast rate.

1.  Some people don't like anime ships.

2.  Is it really necessary to have multiple copies of the same ship?

3. Some people just don't like anime ships.

4.  Some people don't like anime children as captains.

5. Some people value the credits and the port slots more than they do the ships.

6. Some people really, really don't like anime ships.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,343 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Why would I need 5 crappy versions of a tech tree ship? I have Mutsu, Atago, Musashi all are far better captain trainers. Also I'm at the end game I have 37 19Pt captains why would I play a crappier version of the tech tree tier 5?

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,542 posts
13,814 battles

I am keeping mine to keep my ship count up to 214. I hate going backwards.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
5,097 battles

I'm not a big anime fan but I collected the ARP ships.  I like the in-game effects when I see them, but mostly these days I turn them off.  I never did make it to the Takao, but I've got Atago anyway.  I kept ARP Kongo and ARP Myoko for old time's sake (I think I've run a total of three battles in ARP ships). 

The credits and port slots from being able to sell the rest were great.  I was able to pick up Akizuki, put the final upgrades modules in Musashi and four more tier 8's and the lone T8 in my port that needs one final upgrade module to be fully kitted for battle is Akizuki.

All in all, between the way they brought it out and the way it's ended up, I think WG did the ARP collaboration well.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,756 posts
15,950 battles
40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Why on earth you would sell them when you can remove them from view is bizarre.

We don't agree on much, but we agree on this!

40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Also, they make the perfect Japanese captain trainers. I am running my Yamato captain through all seven ARP ships each day to get the first win bonus on each ship. He is racking up XP at a really fast rate.

THAT is a GREAT idea, and one I will take full advantage of when I get around to finally getting Zao! (Got ALL the ARP cruisers!)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,756 posts
15,950 battles
40 minutes ago, Crucis said:

4.  Some people don't like anime children as captains.

And some people don't like the damn cat! (Seriously, I'd get rid of the captains before I'd get rid of the ships!)

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

The real question is:

• Why do I care that you care that I care about you caring about how I care about you caring?

:fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua::fish_aqua:

:fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv::fish_nerv:

I am keeping mine because I have different skills for each of the ships.

• "Stealth" Focused
  • Secondary Focused
  • Main Gun Focused
  • Survivalist Focused
  • "General Purpose" Focused
  • etc.

Though I only really use ARP Haruna, ARP Takao, and maybe ARP Ashigara

Edited by Vangm94

Members
1,662 posts
14,263 battles

Will most likely keep a couple copies of each, but no real reason to keep all of them. Many on the versions only have one or two games on them

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sold them all as soon as I could. I have the captains but turned them Human I got Premium IJN ship for training so have no need for ARP.

[DRACS]
Members
4,436 posts

I can't wait to do the same! Currently grinding the Z-46 and while I'm breaking even, it'll be impossible to afford the Z-52 without doing some premium ship grinding. So selling off most of my Arp ships will go a long way. Thanks, Wargaming!

P.S: Still going to keep one of the Kongos. Just don't need four of them. Or two or three Myokos. Or Takao when I already have Atago.

Sign in to follow this