Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

I Think I'm in Love

12 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,742 posts
9,318 battles

Whelp, these screenshots should serve to demonstrate just how strongly I feel about the Alsace. First game in her, fully upgraded, but I forgot to add a couple flags and premium consumables. Still ravaged my way up to a Kraken. And before any comments that I didn't do any heavy lifting please note that two of these kills were devastating strikes. All I can say is that French 15" AP is a fearsome thing against Brit CLs when they think they've angled away.

5ae0bc5c70ca3_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.e5f6e0a4a9ffa6de34d7e91779d489e7.png5ae0bc65d3b73_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.83d78ac8a4d72e2443a80dfd4212edee.png

5ae0bc6f9df5c_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.edcb271a62b2decf86626af7c285c392.png5ae0bc78c851f_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.0caf5c6d180c0b6389bfbffba72395e3.png

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,679 battles

I prefer republique and Richelieu tbh

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

I prefer Richelieu because I like being "limited".

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

The Alcase is a MONSTER to the point of it being pretty OP. In 43 battles I averaged a 105,996 with a 60% win rate.

[SALVO]
Members
20,508 posts
20,327 battles
11 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Is she the new Giulio Cesare at her tier? Time will tell...

Richelieu and Alsace both have their unique challenges.

Uhhh, no way.

The GC is so powerful as a tier 5 because it really shouldn't be a tier 5.  It's nearly a tier 6.  The GC in its as-launched WW1 state would have been a tier 5 BB.  The GC in her post-1930's reconstruction is far better than the her original WW1 era  version, in large part due to her greatly increased speed.

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,765 battles

:Smile_amazed: <sigh> 

Experience points in the thousands.....

I'm happy if I break 300....

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,338 battles
41 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

What is so awesome about her?

She's decent enough at everything that the troupe of mostly high skilled players who've rushed up to unlocking her this quickly are able to use her to fulfill most any role the battle might require of her. She's good enough in terms of speed, turning and long range shots to allow her to kite fairly effectively, as well as being tanky, fast firing and secondary-focused enough to make her ok at pushing a flank when the occasion demands her to do so. In other words, high skill players capable of consistently hitting citadel shots when they are offered never get the feeling that they are totally helpless in a given situation.

Personally, I hate the damn thing, but can't seem to do too badly in it either.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,507 posts
6,157 battles
26 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

She's decent enough at everything that the troupe of mostly high skilled players who've rushed up to unlocking her this quickly are able to use her to fulfill most any role the battle might require of her. She's good enough in terms of speed, turning and long range shots to allow her to kite fairly effectively, as well as being tanky, fast firing and secondary-focused enough to make her ok at pushing a flank when the occasion demands her to do so. In other words, high skill players capable of consistently hitting citadel shots when they are offered never get the feeling that they are totally helpless in a given situation.

Personally, I hate the damn thing, but can't seem to do too badly in it either.

Just checked her out on the wiki.  Armor is better than I thought.  I might have to give her a try.  I love secondaries, and also Guilio Cesare. . . sounds like she might have a similar play style.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,721 posts
18,080 battles
22 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Just checked her out on the wiki.  Armor is better than I thought.  I might have to give her a try.  I love secondaries, and also Guilio Cesare. . . sounds like she might have a similar play style.

The secondaries on Alsace is a highlight.  She's also pretty fast.  She does not however have that super stealth though, USN & RN BBs are stealthier.

Really though, there's no one best way to build Alsace.  The reason is she has a lot of good qualities that act as a sound foundation to build from.

Her Main Battery merits ASM1 if that's what you want.  The Main Battery - Stealth - Survival Build works just fine for her.

Her Secondaries are great for a Secondaries Build.

Even her AA is amazing if you spec for it.

Etc.

The ship is flexible and can be built to suit the player's taste.  Many BBs out there kind of shoehorn you into specific builds because their alternative builds aren't as good because they don't have good qualities for those.  Great example are USN BBs.  If you pay attention to USN BB threads, there's a number of guys that actually want viable, good Secondary Builds.  But the simple truth is USN BB secondaries are garbage, even on X Montana.  So what does that leave for USN BBs?  Survival, Stealth, and of course... AA Builds.

Alsace gives you valid choices.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,913 battles
4 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Whelp, these screenshots should serve to demonstrate just how strongly I feel about the Alsace. First game in her, fully upgraded, but I forgot to add a couple flags and premium consumables. Still ravaged my way up to a Kraken. And before any comments that I didn't do any heavy lifting please note that two of these kills were devastating strikes. All I can say is that French 15" AP is a fearsome thing against Brit CLs when they think they've angled away.

5ae0bc5c70ca3_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.e5f6e0a4a9ffa6de34d7e91779d489e7.png5ae0bc65d3b73_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.83d78ac8a4d72e2443a80dfd4212edee.png

5ae0bc6f9df5c_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.edcb271a62b2decf86626af7c285c392.png5ae0bc78c851f_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.0caf5c6d180c0b6389bfbffba72395e3.png

ha, i feel in love with Alsace just by seeing the ship, i dont even have her yet, its that turret layout of hers i swear

Sign in to follow this