Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kanly

reset chat bans please?

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles

Dear Devs,

I hope this message finds you well.  What a pretty spring day it is, and we have a new update to enjoy.  Some good work from you guys. 

Since we are enjoying a time of new beginnings, I am writing, humbly, to ask for one more chance with my chat ban.  Not because I don't deserve it, or because the system is broken, or any other reasons, except for I am repentant and I am asking. 

I know the rules.  I know I was given warnings.  I know there is a system for warnings and bans.  I know that giving me another chance is not fair.  I know that obligations your devs are under to maintain good product and keep the game current.  I know.  But I am asking anyway. 

Someone can throw a switch and give me a chance to repent here.  May I please have one more chance?

Kanly

Edited by Kanly
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[MEIST]
Members
1,069 posts
4,250 battles

No, just watch what you say in chat. If you can't do that, then you get what you deserve.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,923
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,504 posts
6,157 battles
8 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Dear Devs,

I hope this message finds you well.  What a pretty spring day it is, and we have a new update to enjoy.  Some good work from you guys. 

Since we are enjoying a time of new beginnings, I am writing, humbly, to ask for one more chance with my chat ban.  Not because I don't deserve it, or because the system is broken, or any other reasons, except for I am repentant and I am asking. 

I know the rules.  I know I was given warnings.  I know there is a system for warnings and bans.  I know that giving me another chance is not fair.  I know that obligations your devs are under to maintain good product and keep the game current.  I know.  But I am asking anyway. 

Someone can throw a switch and give me a chance to repent here.  May I please have one more chance?

Kanly

Don't they expire after a while?  If so, just accept your punishment and wait if you're really repentant.

If they don't expire. . . you must have been really toxic and gotten what you deserved.

I can be REALLY salty in chat.  Never got a chat ban.  So I shudder to think what you must have been like.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,711
[WOLF7]
Members
11,558 posts
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Don't they expire after a while?  If so, just accept your punishment and wait if you're really repentant.

If they don't expire. . . you must have been really toxic and gotten what you deserved.

I can be REALLY salty in chat.  Never got a chat ban.  So I shudder to think what you must have been like.

Unless he's been chat banned so many times it's now permanent...:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Don't they expire after a while?  If so, just accept your punishment and wait if you're really repentant.

If they don't expire. . . you must have been really toxic and gotten what you deserved.

I can be REALLY salty in chat.  Never got a chat ban.  So I shudder to think what you must have been like.

I was pretty salty at first.  I responded to injustice and ugly comments from other players with my airforce pilot's mouth.  BUT after I was warned a couple of times and had one chance left I cooled it. 

I am pretty sure I can't talk about what I said that got me banned, but it was not bad by game standards.  I was joking with friends and said something that we all probably say a couple of times a day, NOT a curse word in any culture, something we could all say at work, in front of grandma...  BUT someone sent in a ticket and the context was ignored by the person enforcing the ban. 

I wish they expired...  Perhaps they should. 

All I am asking for here is one more chance.  The game just isn't fun if I can chat. 

Kanly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
7 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

No, just watch what you say in chat. If you can't do that, then you get what you deserve.

Easy to say that, if it makes you feel justified.  I did say some mean things early on.

Truth is, however, we all deserve it.  I was playing for one hour last night and in EVERY game someone said something that breaks the rules.  I could post screenshots, but that is against the rules. 

I am just asking for the permanent ban to be lifted so that I can have one more chance. 

Kanly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,711
[WOLF7]
Members
11,558 posts
1 minute ago, Kanly said:

Easy to say that, if it makes you feel justified.  I did say some mean things early on.

Truth is, however, we all deserve it.  I was playing for one hour last night and in EVERY game someone said something that breaks the rules.  I could post screenshots, but that is against the rules. 

I am just asking for the permanent ban to be lifted so that I can have one more chance. 

Kanly

 

If you got a permanent ban, you had plenty of chances....:cap_hmm:

I've never managed to get a single chat ban...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

If you got a permanent ban, you had plenty of chances....:cap_hmm:

I've never managed to get a single chat ban...

Me too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Unless he's been chat banned so many times it's now permanent...:cap_hmm:

I suggest that the permanent ban is excessive.  How about a long ban but with a light at the end of the tunnel? 

The game just isn't fun if I can't chat.  I love it.  I spend money once in a while.  But without chat I am thinking of leaving the fleet...

One more chance...all I ask.

Kanly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
129
[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
163 posts
8,148 battles

You can be banned from chat for salty language??  Lol.....they must have missed all those folks I have been teamed with.....insulting your own team mates for not being as smart as you are seems to be the rule...not the exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

If you got a permanent ban, you had plenty of chances....:cap_hmm:

I've never managed to get a single chat ban...

I admire your self control. 

I disagree about the fact that I had plenty of chances, however, as my last one was heavy handed. 

Still, you make a good point.  I am not saying I shouldn't have been banned, per se. 

I am asking for another chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
1 minute ago, BenAubrey said:

You can be banned from chat for salty language??  Lol.....they must have missed all those folks I have been teamed with.....insulting your own team mates for not being as smart as you are seems to be the rule...not the exception.

Lol.  Been there.  This is part of my point.  Not a great situation, perhaps.  But it is the way gamers talk to each other...the accepted practice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
834
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,297 posts
14,422 battles
27 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Dear Devs,

I hope this message finds you well.  What a pretty spring day it is, and we have a new update to enjoy.  Some good work from you guys. 

Since we are enjoying a time of new beginnings, I am writing, humbly, to ask for one more chance with my chat ban.  Not because I don't deserve it, or because the system is broken, or any other reasons, except for I am repentant and I am asking. 

I know the rules.  I know I was given warnings.  I know there is a system for warnings and bans.  I know that giving me another chance is not fair.  I know that obligations your devs are under to maintain good product and keep the game current.  I know.  But I am asking anyway. 

Someone can throw a switch and give me a chance to repent here.  May I please have one more chance?

Kanly

After several warnings and a few days temp ban you still persisted to get a perma ban....

My why do you think warnings are instituted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles
3 minutes ago, BenAubrey said:

You can be banned from chat for salty language??  Lol.....they must have missed all those folks I have been teamed with.....insulting your own team mates for not being as smart as you are seems to be the rule...not the exception.

It depends on how vulgar it is. I say plenty but I do my best to not outright tell someone they are vulgar. Others do and if a player does take offense to that, they may send a ticket with proof. At most, I usually say "s--- battle team" or "s---play team". Other players may say "r-----" and other things.

Edited by Vangm94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,796
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,732 posts
10,984 battles
15 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Unless he's been chat banned so many times it's now permanent...:cap_hmm:

This, about all he can do is send in a ticket asking for a reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,785
Members
22,745 posts
5,794 battles
3 minutes ago, BenAubrey said:

You can be banned from chat for salty language??  Lol.....they must have missed all those folks I have been teamed with.....insulting your own team mates for not being as smart as you are seems to be the rule...not the exception.

You can get a 24-hour ban from the automated system, if enough people report you.

It takes effect after the match, so you don't really know who gets banned and who doesn't.

It all depends on the mood of the other players in the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,785
Members
22,745 posts
5,794 battles
4 minutes ago, Kanly said:

I am asking for another chance. 

You won't get it by posting here, you'll need to contact a dev directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

After several warnings and a few days temp ban you still persisted to get a perma ban....

My why do you think warnings are instituted?

I can't argue with that.  And five seems generous. 

On the other hand, there is a player-initiated chat ban that issues a 24-hour ban.  I like this better because the players in the game, several players, not just one person who may be extra sensitive or who may play the role of enforcer, these players (plural) ban someone who had truly crossed the line.  

I have done my time.  I have paid, I feel.  I would like one more chance. 

Kanly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You can get a 24-hour ban from the automated system, if enough people report you.

It takes effect after the match, so you don't really know who gets banned and who doesn't.

It all depends on the mood of the other players in the match.

Good point. 

I would say this is a better system, however, because the players in the match can better decide the context of what was said.  Was someone provoked?  Was the player joking with friends?  Was everyone playing along? 

I am pretty sure that the "customer service" reps who respond to tickets don't take context into account.  At least the canned, boiler-plate answers I have received when I have submitted tickets suggest they do not. 

How about a long but temporary ban, devs? 

People can change.

Kanly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,528
[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts

Talk to support. Discussing bans and such on the forums is against the rules. I suggest you edit out this topic and ask the mods to close this thread. 

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You won't get it by posting here, you'll need to contact a dev directly.

Good observation.  I am sure you are right. 

In truth I have contacted several people, and they are unsympathetic and like to quote me the rules.

I am not suggesting I was mistreated per se, or that I deserve anything.  If we go strictly by the rules I deserve every ounce of what I have received in punishment.  However, as I continue to play and see the way other players talk...consistently, I am suggesting that the reporting system has done little to change the obviously toxic chat culture of the game.  I feel that I got caught for doing no worse than MOST players do daily. 

I am not suggesting I am innocent.  I am suggesting I have done my time and would like to rejoin polite society.

Kanly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

It's text, you will never know if anyone is joking or not. Even if you do use "this" or lol. Sometimes it is best to not joke around, more so on sensitive issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,771 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Talk to support. Discussing bans and such on the forums is against the rules. I suggest you edit out this topic and ask the mods to close this thread. 

I have, but thanks. 

And I anticipate one of the grown-ups will shut this down before long. 

This took a direction I never intended.  Still, sometimes we have to take to the streets to get some attention.

I see people cursing, abusing others, saying mean things, making racist and toxic comments all day.  My comments were tame by comparison.

I want to serve my time and get out of the quiet hut.

Kanly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,340
[OO7]
Members
4,456 posts
11,011 battles
5 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Good point. 

I would say this is a better system, however, because the players in the match can better decide the context of what was said.  Was someone provoked?  Was the player joking with friends?  Was everyone playing along? 

I am pretty sure that the "customer service" reps who respond to tickets don't take context into account.  At least the canned, boiler-plate answers I have received when I have submitted tickets suggest they do not. 

How about a long but temporary ban, devs? 

People can change.

Kanly

 

context means nothing. Minors play the game, so regardless of context salty chat is still salty....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[MEIST]
Members
1,069 posts
4,250 battles
18 minutes ago, Kanly said:

Easy to say that, if it makes you feel justified.  I did say some mean things early on.

Truth is, however, we all deserve it.  I was playing for one hour last night and in EVERY game someone said something that breaks the rules.  I could post screenshots, but that is against the rules. 

I am just asking for the permanent ban to be lifted so that I can have one more chance. 

Kanly

 

We don't all deserve it. I have never been chat banned. I don't go in to chat and start anything and if something is said to me or others I just don't respond to the negative. I just report and carry on. I only use chat to respond to GLHF, questions and ask questions. You just have to learn how to do that or you will just go through all your chances one whether they reset you or not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×