Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

A new day has dawned

36 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,487 posts
11,046 battles

So the new patch has dropped and I for one am extremely impressed. I have not yet run into a single tker or afker in random since the new patch has dropped. 

It is so refreshing to not have to deal with those players in randoms anymore. Thumbs up WG, for putting measures in place to ban those players where they belong. 

Can f key spammers be put there as well, please? Randoms would become nearly serene if we were rid of them too. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,859 posts
10,424 battles

Good to hear, but still early hours... I'd wait a few days before passing any judgement!

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
12 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Can f key spammers be put there as well, please?

I have occasionally accidentally struck an F key when trying to change shell types without looking at the keyboard, and kept on hitting it when the change didn't happen. Only when I looked in the chat box did I see what I had done!

Unfortunately, without telepathy it is sometimes difficult to tell whether anything somebody says in chat is real or bulldust. One cannot take a player seriously when requests for reinforcement and smokescreens come from a rearward-spawning battleship in the first three seconds of the game - "cry wolf".

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

I have not been able to play.

Spoiler

I'm working :fish_glass:

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
1,976 battles

Ah, the irony that the new afk penalty starts today.  I had to take a day off work to have a new hot water heater installed.  I have no idea what time the guy is showing up.  I guarantee that if I load into a game, I'll have to go let him in and end up afk.

• Funny 1

Members
22,816 posts
5,796 battles
9 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Good to hear, but still early hours... I'd wait a few days before passing any judgement!

Lol yeah, probably nobody's managed to earn any punishment yet.

[INTEL]
Members
7,125 posts
29,381 battles

Too early to tell how well it works.

Played only two so far (one in Ops) and already had an AFK.

Members
1,664 posts
14,274 battles

Played one game in Prinz Eugen to see how the the new heal does, enjoyed it, think my PE will be taken out of port much more often in the future.  Did have an AFK CV on our team, so game went south... but again very happy with heal on PE.

Members
22,816 posts
5,796 battles
3 minutes ago, Das_Schlippo said:

Ah, the irony that the new afk penalty starts today.  I had to take a day off work to have a new hot water heater installed.  I have no idea what time the guy is showing up.  I guarantee that if I load into a game, I'll have to go let him in and end up afk.

I'm sure one occurrence isn't going to hurt. Maybe you can even get back in time to finish the match. (dunno if you have to be AFK at the end of the match to get dinged, or a set length of time at any point during the match)

Members
22,816 posts
5,796 battles
3 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Too early to tell how well it works.

Played only two so far (one in Ops) and already had an AFK.

And really, how long is it going t9 take for those who don't pay attention to patch notes or forums to catch on?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles
2 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Played one game in Prinz Eugen to see how the the new heal does, enjoyed it, think my PE will be taken out of port much more often in the future.  Did have an AFK CV on our team, so game went south... but again very happy with heal on PE.

That AFK CV wasn't a Ranger was it? And the map was neighbors? Most of your team stuck together as a big group around your Bismarck? If so, hi! I was the enemy Kaga!

Members
1,664 posts
14,274 battles

Also had a Hipper in game, not sure how different the buff to reload and rudder shift played

Edited by Panzer1113

Members
1,664 posts
14,274 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

That AFK CV wasn't a Ranger was it? And the map was neighbors? Most of your team stuck together as a big group around your Bismarck? If so, hi! I was the enemy Kaga!

I was trying to support our Minsk, game quickly devolved as you kept the map illuminated, was constantly spotted,  had 6 ships shooting at me , tough enough to win if your CV is AFK, but when the red CV driver is good, we did not stand a chance... 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

I was trying to support our Minsk, game quickly devolved as you kept the map illuminated, was constantly spotted,  had 6 ships shooting at me , tough enough to win if your CV is AFK, but when the red CV driver is good, we did not stand a chance... 

Maybe it was a different match, that does SOUND like how I played, but leaves out the part where I had to do a last stand with no planes against two DDs with... Predictable results.

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts
56 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So the new patch has dropped and I for one am extremely impressed. I have not yet run into a single tker or afker in random since the new patch has dropped. 

It is so refreshing to not have to deal with those players in randoms anymore. Thumbs up WG, for putting measures in place to ban those players where they belong. 

Can f key spammers be put there as well, please? Randoms would become nearly serene if we were rid of them too. 

Wow! You'll give yourself a hernia handling bait of that magnitude.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
11,242 battles
38 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Give him a break...he's from Alberta.

• Funny 1

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,972 battles

I fear a slow load in will get me tagged AFK.  It happens often for me (half the time) load into game 30-50 seconds after start.

[PVE]
Members
792 posts
40 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

There was a AFK in Killer Whale this morning saw him later in Killer Whale and he was pink.

He did so little then hid so he was still almost afk.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
776 posts
6,596 battles

The real test will be this weekend. I still think it's too early to tell. 

Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Great if it reduces that, as it should. But a lot of players won't pay attention until they get restricted. By the weekend, the co-op mode should have a spike in pink. You can see the scoffers in the forums.

[OO7]
Members
4,487 posts
11,046 battles
59 minutes ago, legozer said:

Give him a break...he's from Alberta.

Wow, you obviously can't either read or comprehend. We pride ourselves on our literacy here in SK.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
11,242 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wow, you obviously can't either read or comprehend. We pride ourselves on our literacy here in SK.

Saskatchewan's official motto: "Yeah, but at least we're literate now!"

[OO7]
Members
4,487 posts
11,046 battles
Just now, legozer said:

Saskatchewan's official motto: "Yeah, but at least we're literate now!"

right now it's pretty much #HumboldtStrong, but you go with whatever you think.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,808 posts
12,239 battles

Can't wait for Monday when the threads about how bad the new system is, are at full throttle.

Sign in to follow this