Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Ranked - will carriers play tier 8 ranked?

11 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,846 posts

My memory is fuzzy... too much sitting i reckon... too much cold, rain and snow too... I don't remember anything about this... 

Will there be carriers in ranked this coming season?

I ask because of relative observations relating to carrier performances in random battles.The lack of parity between green and reds, based on those driving carriers, seems to be growing. We just played a tier X battle where our carrier finished dead last. It was like we had no carrier at all. The other team's carrier fifth place with two kills against us. Our carrier killed one plane. Well, one flight - but the results showed a 1 in the planes column... Having that type of carrier driver isn't good because most of the time, they park their planes over our dds/cruisers hoping for help I suppose, but in reality showing the reds where we are. Heck, he had any number of soloyolo red bbs he could have attacked but preferred not to do so. Anyhow... 

I can imagine getting this type of balance in a string of ranked battles... as it's been said before, no other ship can impact the match like a carrier, good or bad. In our case, bad. Bad. (I suspect we have to go back to pounding the Esc key if we see a carrier in the queue?)

So has anyone heard/seen/read if they'll be participating? tiafyc

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,751 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

My memory is fuzzy... too much sitting i reckon... too much cold, rain and snow too... I don't remember anything about this... 

Will there be carriers in ranked this coming season?

I ask because of relative observations relating to carrier performances in random battles.The lack of parity between green and reds, based on those driving carriers, seems to be growing. We just played a tier X battle where our carrier finished dead last. It was like we had no carrier at all. The other team's carrier fifth place with two kills against us. Our carrier killed one plane. Well, one flight - but the results showed a 1 in the planes column... Having that type of carrier driver isn't good because most of the time, they park their planes over our dds/cruisers hoping for help I suppose, but in reality showing the reds where we are. Heck, he had any number of soloyolo red bbs he could have attacked but preferred not to do so. Anyhow... 

I can imagine getting this type of balance in a string of ranked battles... as it's been said before, no other ship can impact the match like a carrier, good or bad. In our case, bad. Bad. (I suspect we have to go back to pounding the Esc key if we see a carrier in the queue?)

So has anyone heard/seen/read if they'll be participating? tiafyc

Carriers are always availavle for ranked. This time its going to be ENTERPRISE/LEXINGTON/ SHOKAKU. Then HAKARYU/MIDWAY. Then

SAIPAN/KAGA/RANGER/HIRYU

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

It'll be possible to see CVs, but the more you rank up, the less likely you are to see them. To the best of my knowledge, only one person has ever ranked out in a CV.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,976 posts
10,955 battles
18 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If so then as others have told me they did in the past, practice that ESC key. :cap_like::cap_cool:

Gonna try out the new unsportsman like penalties I see, quick everyone, grab your CV's, I want to see this!!!

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,751 battles

MY ships will be Enterprise/Kutuzov till i get to rank 10.

then Hindenburg/Hakaryu at the higher ranks

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
22 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If so then as others have told me they did in the past, practice that ESC key. :cap_like::cap_cool:

If you do you will turn pink 7.4

Sign in to follow this