You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
acerazer7

accidental damages to allies ships and sinking

80 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
1,198 battles

We should not penalties for  uncontrollable accidental hitting Allie ship when your aiming the enemy ships. Like one for example all sudden a Allie ship speeds right in to line of fire after I ready fired my torpedos my torpedos where already half to target before the destroyer get to the line fire.  I ask for the makers the do some changes. I think they should only make penalties on those who have control and did on purpose. 

Edited by acerazer7

[WOLF7]
Members
11,620 posts
Just now, acerazer7 said:

We should not penalties for accidental hitting Allie ship when your aiming the enemy ships. Then all sudden a Allie ship gets right in to line of fire and especially when firing torpedos. I ask for the makers the do some changes. I think they should only make penalties on those who do it on purposely to a Allie ship. 

How exactly do you propose they determine whether it was an accident or not?

• Funny 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

It is still your fault if you crash into a parked car when you don't mean to. Just because you didn't mean to do it doesn't mean you aren't responsible.

• Cool 2

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,751 battles
7 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

We should not penalties for accidental hitting Allie ship when your aiming the enemy ships. Then all sudden a Allie ship gets right in to line of fire and especially when firing torpedos. I ask for the makers the do some changes. I think they should only make penalties on those who do it on purposely to a Allie ship. 

Its called 

A: dont launch torpedos anywhere near a friendlys direction.

B: instead of watching the torpedo sail into your teamates ship type hey, lookout dude.

C: you have 311 battles. You're in no real position to be arguing about this topic. And if you do no one would listen to 1 person with 311 battles because you just simply don't have enough experiance.

D: if you're using torpedos and you're not in the front line of attack / defense then its not the "game" thats wrong its you.

E: you kill someone by accident and you say you shouldn't go to jail? No you're responsible for you're actions

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

Your fault either way, reflect on your actions.

1. Be in range
  2. Be in arming range
  3. Don't torpedo enemies going the opposite direction
  4. Know what is around you
  5. Hold your fire for as long as possible
  6. No matter how much you want to shoot, hold your fire
Edited by Vangm94

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles
1 minute ago, acerazer7 said:

By watching of course.

You want someone's full time job to be watching games for purposeful TKing? Why? Just because a TK incident is accidental doesn't change the fact that it's actively hurting the team, and you shouldn't be doing it. Look, listen, think, before firing. The idea that the TKer is a victim here simply because he didn't mean to do it is a disservice to any player who has been forced to dodge friendly and enemy fire at the same time.

Members
4 posts
5,124 battles

Why are we allowing these penalties?  when all the game programmers need to do is block friendly fire and we wouldn't have a problem . it is clear to me that it is too profitable for them and they want it in the game . I personally have had these penalties assessed when it was clearly not my fault ,usually in the heat of battle and you can't possibly calculate every move that players are going to make . I as well as others should be allowed the opportunity to engage our enemy ,after all why should I take fire and not be able to return fire because someone on my team is in my way . another important fact is that we have clans and these clan members might be on opposing teams , but able to communicate through outside audio sites , this has serious implications as well. I don't really care about point deductions but to be banned from play well that's going too far . I pay money to play this game and until they (wows) has a refund program in place for all that money I have invested to play their game. I don't believe that it should be their place to  impose such harsh penalties .ps not spending another dime until this is fixed!!!!

10 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Your torp, your fault.

End of thread.

• Boring 1

Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
12 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

And how do you propose they decide whether it's accidental or on purpose?

And allied ships don't "suddenly" appear. You can see the exact location and heading of every allied ship within 30km or so.

Members
14 posts
1,198 battles

Accidental firing is something no control of and sometimes you  don't see them until they rush right to the fight and not pay attention to there surroundings before they get in to engagements. You can look up the history of accidental firing on Allie troops during war. If this game is base on like real engagements battles like in war the learn there can be accidents in war. And by the way the war accidents are different then car accidents.

Members
22,796 posts
5,794 battles
7 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

By watching of course.

Watching what? There would be no visible difference between what happened to you, and somebody waiting for their teammate to sail right in front of their guns and letting them have it.

Well, I guess if the guy doing it on purpose typed "muhahaha, Ima TK U!" in chat, you'd know.

Besides which, do you have any idea how many people would be needed to sift through all the reports and replays? There's an automated system for a reason.

Members
4 posts
5,124 battles

Just one more thought , I've been  destroyed by friendly fire too but ,it happens because they (wows) allow it to.

stupid is stupid .you cant fix stupid !!!!!

Beta Testers
1,940 posts
10,762 battles
2 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

Accidental firing is something no control of and sometimes you  don't see them until they rush right to the fight and not pay attention to there surroundings before they get in to engagements. You can look up the history of accidental firing on Allie troops during war. If this game is base on like real engagements battles like in war the learn there can be accidents in war. And by the way the war accidents are different then car accidents.

No ship in the game goes faster than gun shells or torps. If they made it in front of your munition in time, it's you not paying attention. They have to be right in front of you to get hit by you.

Edited by chewonit

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles
19 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

If you fired the torps/shells than it is your fault and you should be punished . Dont fire them from behind your allies. Simple as that. 

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,613 battles

You see, there's this huge box on the bottom right of your screen called a minimap. Using said minimap and looking around you with rightclick will greatly reduce and even negate the chance that you will drop some torpedoes on your teammate.

Beta Testers
1,940 posts
10,762 battles

2 minutes ago, monkeymayhem said:

Just one more thought , I've been  destroyed by friendly fire too but ,it happens because they (wows) allow it to.

stupid is stupid .you cant fix stupid !!!!!

The irony...

Members
4 posts
5,124 battles

People it's not just torps , its all friendly fire period. I only hope that the day comes for the, (your torp your fault ) players to get their just due . and why not just ban them for good!!

• Boring 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,069 posts
4,250 battles
27 minutes ago, acerazer7 said:

That's not an accident , that's being careless.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,751 battles
7 minutes ago, chewonit said:

No ship in the game goes faster than gun shells or torps. If they made it in front of your munition in time, it's you not paying attention. They have to be right in front of you to get hit by you.

Incorrect. Khaba easily outruns CV's torpedos