You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
poeticmotion

So much for free commander respec

18 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,385 posts
17,735 battles

I was trying to figure out why i didn't get the free captain skills respec for clan battles. Then I read this thread,  and buried in the notes it referenced that you only get the respec if you played a clan battle between 4/2 and 4/16.

That's really unfortunate.  I played several clan battles early in the season, but my current clan is very casual and we couldn't get enough players any night after the first few weeks. Everything I saw except for the update notes thread above indicated you just had to play one clan battle to get the free respec; had I known that there would be a 4/2-4/16 limitation I would have pushed harder to get a team together to get it, or expedited finding a more active clan (which I had planned to do before next season anyway.)

So I guess I get to spend close to a million captain xp respeccing for ranked now. :(

Any chance this can be fixed, WG? Seems a bit unfair given it was expected to be for all clan battles participants.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,643 posts
11,707 battles

Some of the patch notes were apparently in error, according to LordofDroid:

[–]Lordofdroid 32 points 1 day ago 

Its a mistake, we apologise. If you played 1 battle during the entire clan battle season, you will get 100% discount on Commander Skill reset.
The original article is updated as well:
All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a "special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)."

If you did play CB but haven't had a respec yet I'm not sure why, it should be rolling out with the release of 0.7.4. I would wait a little while to see if it's still happening, and then file a support ticket if it's just you, or see if other people report an issue.

[AXANR]
Members
3,385 posts
17,735 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

Some of the patch notes were apparently in error, according to LordofDroid:

[–]Lordofdroid 32 points 1 day ago 

Its a mistake, we apologise. If you played 1 battle during the entire clan battle season, you will get 100% discount on Commander Skill reset.
The original article is updated as well:
All players that played at least one Clan Battle during the Season 2 will get a "special bonus—a 100% discount for resetting Commander skills and demounting Upgrades. The discount will be available until May 5, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)."

If you did play CB but haven't had a respec yet I'm not sure why, it should be rolling out with the release of 0.7.4. I would wait a little while to see if it's still happening, and then file a support ticket if it's just you, or see if other people report an issue.

Thanks, @mofton! I hadn't seen that. I'll see if it rolls out later today before submitting ticket tomorrow if it doesn't. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,643 posts
11,707 battles
Just now, poeticmotion said:

Thanks, @mofton! I hadn't seen that. I'll see if it rolls out later today before submitting ticket tomorrow if it doesn't. 

No problem, and if it makes you feel better there's a Reddit thread of people with the same complaint now up. It may not just be you. One of their suggestions is to try and trigger it by just playing one game.

I seem to have a free respec without having to play a game so I'd say there's certainly something wrong.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
856 posts
14,267 battles

+1 for me havent respec option too :D

So fix it  or my hamster dont get dinner :D:fish_viking:

[WOLF7]
Members
11,590 posts

They broke it...port chat is already full of players who played Clan battles, wanting to know wth....:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts

i did clan battles earlier in season 2, just finished updating, NO, no free respect, could WG please fix this if it's error?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,848 posts
10,406 battles
3 minutes ago, ASR37 said:

Does this give us unlimited respecs until the deadline?

Yes.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

We are currently reviewing accounts who are eligible to ensure they have respecs available.  We appreciate your patience while we resolve this!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,279 posts
8,625 battles
21 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We are currently reviewing accounts who are eligible to ensure they have respecs available.  We appreciate your patience while we resolve this!

That'd be a big whups.    Might pass it up the chain that previously, the respecs were across the player base.   When you whittle down the respec to certain groups, that increases the chance of goofs - which we now see.

The previous "all get respecs" seemed to work fine.

Ain't broke - don't fix.    

And will be waiting for my respec to turn on, since I participated in CB.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles
13 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

That'd be a big whups.    Might pass it up the chain that previously, the respecs were across the player base.   When you whittle down the respec to certain groups, that increases the chance of goofs - which we now see.

The previous "all get respecs" seemed to work fine.

Ain't broke - don't fix.    

And will be waiting for my respec to turn on, since I participated in CB.

That was actually a miscommunication on our part and we've adjusted the update notes.  Anyone participating in CB this season, should receive a respec. 

• Cool 1

[SUPEN]
Members
231 posts
14,599 battles

yeah.. just lost 300 doubloons before reading this

[AXANR]
Members
3,385 posts
17,735 battles
59 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

yeah.. just lost 300 doubloons before reading this

I'd submit a ticket for that. Hopefully they can refund those.

[AXANR]
Members
3,385 posts
17,735 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

That was actually a miscommunication on our part and we've adjusted the update notes.  Anyone participating in CB this season, should receive a respec. 

Thank you guys for looking into it! :)

[SUPEN]
Members
231 posts
14,599 battles
4 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

I'd submit a ticket for that. Hopefully they can refund those.

they can, but won't. Ticket submitted and that was the long and the short of the response.  I've spent a ton of money on this game...... I'll be working to spend considerably less from here on out.

[SOFOP]
Members
885 posts
7,267 battles

Sucks that not everyone gets a free respec.  I don't think it was in the original notes posted during or at the start of the season either.  That's a huge benefit that people would have liked to take advantage of.

Oh well...not paying doubloons for something most games allow for regular credits so I'll wait till next season.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One