You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

HSF Collection issues...

11 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

So... I am literally 2 portraits away from completing the HSF collection... however, I've run into an issue it seems... After completing the missions for the Harekaze and Graf Spee that reward you with HSF containers, I've noticed that I flat out stopped receiving portraits in the normal containers... I've ALWAYS done the more credits container, and before those two missions were finished, I'd get a portrait in one of those containers an average of about every other container, dups or not... but now, I'm not seeing any at all... I've opened at least 10 containers since I finished those missions, and not a single portrait at all...

Am I completely out of luck now? Is there a better container to open? I have 0 dups as well...

Honestly, this just sucks all around... I am SO damned close... and yet I feel like I'm getting nothing now... I feel like I'll never complete it... I cant even buy the last two I need, or purchase any of the containers...

Does anyone have any advice, info, or suggestions to help me complete this thing?

Edited by Kitsunelegend

[LEGIT]
Members
1,005 posts
7,641 battles

you can get 60 containers in total from mission. 20 from harekaze 20 from spee 10 from yamato and 10 from musashi. Total of 60

2 portraits come out of containers that means youll get 120 portraits. It takes roughly 40 portraits to complete the collection ( dont remeber total ammount of portraits). Meaning at least that will be 80 portraits remaining and it cost 5 dups to get 1 portraits so you can get 16 from remaining dupes. 

Now I dont know the reason you lack portraits even without yamato/musashi yo can get roughly 80 portraits. Same 40 portraits to complete the collection. That still makes 8 portraits with remaining 40 dupes spent.

Let me ask you a question. When you had enough dupes ( 5 dupes) did you spend them immediately? Cause if you did you indeed might be in short supply.

In my case i had harekaze spee and yamato. And i completed the collection with roughly 18 containers in total. 

My advice: Dont spend dupes untill you are sure you got enough portraits. Just save em till the end ( patch 0.7.5 )

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[NERO]
Members
3,625 posts

It is random for normal containers (assuming you have the collection set to the active collection) so you might just be having bad luck. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,046 posts
8,425 battles
12 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Does anyone have any advice, info, or suggestions to help me complete this thing?

Check the collection.  Ensure that "Collecting" is still enabled. 
wqp1Wii.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Check the collection.  Ensure that "Collecting" is still enabled. 
wqp1Wii.jpg

I can tell you for sure, it is set to collecting. I ALWAYS have it set to that, because thats the only collection I want to collect atm. (I also always check after updates to make sure it doesn't reset to dont collect)

9 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

you can get 60 containers in total from mission. 20 from harekaze 20 from spee 10 from yamato and 10 from musashi. Total of 60

2 portraits come out of containers that means youll get 120 portraits. It takes roughly 40 portraits to complete the collection ( dont remeber total ammount of portraits). Meaning at least that will be 80 portraits remaining and it cost 5 dups to get 1 portraits so you can get 16 from remaining dupes. 

Now I dont know the reason you lack portraits even without yamato/musashi yo can get roughly 80 portraits. Same 40 portraits to complete the collection. That still makes 8 portraits with remaining 40 dupes spent.

Let me ask you a question. When you had enough dupes ( 5 dupes) did you spend them immediately? Cause if you did you indeed might be in short supply.

In my case i had harekaze spee and yamato. And i completed the collection with roughly 18 containers in total. 

My advice: Dont spend dupes untill you are sure you got enough portraits. Just save em till the end ( patch 0.7.5 )

I didn't think spending them right away would matter? Why would that matter at all? There is literally nothing telling me its a bad idea to not spend them right away...?

Also, doing Musashi and Yamato missions are out of the question... I'm way too far away from both of those ships to even think of getting them... with Musashi, I'm like... 405k free xp away... Yamato... well... I haven't even started the Japanese battleship line yet...

[LEGIT]
Members
1,005 posts
7,641 battles
5 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I didn't think spending them right away would matter? Why would that matter at all? There is literally nothing telling me its a bad idea to not spend them right away...?

Try and think. You have to spend 5 dupes to get 1 portrait.

For instance, you got 5 dupes and you spend on a portrait. Then in the next container you get the same portrait that you just spent for 5 dupes. What does this mean? It means that you just wasted 5 dupes to get 1 new dupe. 

Get it now?

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,492 posts
9,692 battles

^^ 

Its just how RNG works.   never spend dupes unless your buying to finish and have zero remaining.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
7 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Try and think. You have to spend 5 dupes to get 1 portrait.

For instance, you got 5 dupes and you spend on a portrait. Then in the next container you get the same portrait that you just spent for 5 dupes. What does this mean? It means that you just wasted 5 dupes to get 1 new dupe. 

Get it now?

The thing is, I only got enough dups to spend like, 2 times or so? I think? And that was very early on as well... Most of the ones I got recently were all the ones I needed... Still, would have been nice to know this info...

But this doesn't help me now, for this collection. Is there any way to increase my chances to get the portraits I need?

[INTEL]
Members
1,512 posts
10,456 battles
35 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

The thing is, I only got enough dups to spend like, 2 times or so? I think? And that was very early on as well... Most of the ones I got recently were all the ones I needed... Still, would have been nice to know this info...

But this doesn't help me now, for this collection. Is there any way to increase my chances to get the portraits I need?

And now you are short the 2 portraits you could have picked up had you saved the dupes.

The portraits are random and I don't know of any way to increase your chance for any one that you need.  

Unfortunately there is no guidance on this as a part of the collection.  I learned it early on by reading the forums and I've had plenty of dupes before the end to populate the remaining holes.  I was still getting duplicates for weeks after I had already completed the collection.

There's a similar lack of understanding around Campaign tasks.  Many people still think they have to select a new task once one has been completed.  Tasks can be repeated for the additional stars that advance you to the Final task.  You just don't get another reward for a task that has been completed once.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,001 posts
4,596 battles

Don't have any of the ships with the special missions, completed a week ago the collection by getting portraits only from containers. It's just RNG by that point, on whether you will get it on the container. I mostly did TYL and there were times I wouldn't get any portrait, others where I would get exactly what I wanted. As it is, you need either 10 dupes to exchange or the 2 ones you need.

Bottom line, the only way to increase your collection is collecting more containers a day and hoping for a drop.

Edited by warheart1992