Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weird suggestion for teamkill victim compensation

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,903 posts
7,074 battles

Tell me what you think of this:

1) If you get teamkilled accidentally - i.e. the shells or torpedoes which hit you were fired by friendly ship when it was locked onto an enemy - things remain as they were.

2) If you get teamkilled deliberately - i.e. the ship that hit you WAS LOCKED ON TO YOU WHEN FIRING - you get offered a respawn.

Conditions:

1) All your XP and damage progress thus far in the battle is wiped, and you finish up with what you earned after the respawn.

2) You respawn with the same health, module incapacitations, etc. as you had when the teamkiller began their stupidity, minus whatever enemy damage you received before you died (this is so that you can't abuse a teamkill to get a full-health ship back).

3) The ship that teamkilled you automatically explodes, in order to balance your return to the game, and you get awarded whatever XP and $$$ they had earned up to that point.

4) You respawn in the same place as you originally appeared at the start of the battle, or as near to it as the position of friendly ships allows. If you respawn on top of an enemy, it counts as a ramming attack. (A case can be made for respawning where you died, so that you can't abuse teamkills to get out of a difficult situation.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
385 posts
10,064 battles

ehh I can see how this can be abused by Divisons or people who know how to last hit, plus you can't lock on to your teammates anyways

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1) If you get teamkilled accidentally - i.e. the shells or torpedoes which hit you were fired by friendly ship when it was locked onto an enemy - things remain as they were.

2) If you get teamkilled deliberately - i.e. the ship that hit you WAS LOCKED ON TO YOU WHEN FIRING - you get offered a respawn.

Reasons I'm against this:

1). What @Muki41 said; you can't lock on to team mates.

2). Many players with experience launch torps without being locked onto their target as when they do lock on the target receives a warning (a totally bogus cheat against torpedo ships) that they are being targeted, and turns.

While I disagree with your solution; I agree there is an issue, which WoW COULD solve by simple making friendly ships immune to friendly fire, like they have done in certain operations. But they refuse to, WHICH CAN ONLY MEAN THAT WOW WANTS TEAMKILLING ABILITY TO REMAIN IN THE GAME. I have read in the Forum that on the Russian server teamkilling is much more common and an accepted way of getting rid of players who aren't aggressive enough or who won't support team goals, but I  don't know for sure. I do know for sure they could remove teamkilling if they chose to. Draw your own conclusions.

[SYN]
Members
851 posts
7,995 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

2). Many players with experience launch torps without being locked onto their target as when they do lock on the target receives a warning (a totally bogus cheat against torpedo ships) that they are being targeted, and turns.

How is this. 

I don't remember getting a warning. 

I really suspect something when the Target Indicator goes 1, 0, 1, 0 and I don't see incoming shells.  That often comes when I am dd hunting in the CA/CL, so I treat it a psyops and proceed with the same precautions as originally used.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I don't remember getting a warning.

Did a little icon pop up and say "DETECTED"? Then you got a warning. Or do you need for the game to stop and a huge, flashing red notification appear on your screen which says: "DUDE, YOU'RE BEING SHOT AT!"

Come down from the mountain, you need the extra oxygen!

[-TOG-]
Members
77 posts
1,771 battles

"Detected" doesn't mean an opponent has locked onto you.  it just means you've been spotted.  Priority target commander skill, which puts a little number in a circle next to detected to tell you how many ships have locked on to you, provides that information.

[SYN]
Members
851 posts
7,995 battles

5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Did a little icon pop up and say "DETECTED"? Then you got a warning. Or do you need for the game to stop and a huge, flashing red notification appear on your screen which says: "DUDE, YOU'RE BEING SHOT AT!"

Come down from the mountain, you need the extra oxygen!

22 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I get the detected warning, EVEN if I am not being shot at. :Smile_amazed:

I get a warning of how many main batteries have me targeted. :Smile_ohmy:

I don't get a warning that someone has locked on with torpedoes. :cap_wander_2:

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I don't get a warning that someone has locked on with torpedoes. :cap_wander_2:

Yes you do; your detected icon flickers, off when they switch to torps, on when they revert back to guns.

[SYN]
Members
851 posts
7,995 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Yes you do; your detected icon flickers, off when they switch to torps, on when they revert back to guns.

What if, as is my practice in a dd, they don't switch to guns. Most of the time that I do go guns on is to play with them. Especially an unspotted DD. I will try to get him to pop smoke by targeting him.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

What if, as is my practice in a dd, they don't switch to guns.

Then you have forced the DD to remain useless until his torps reload, while at the same time knowing approximately where he is. Get some cheese for that whine, it will go down better.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,684 battles

Or just remove tk damage like in operations and all tk issues are solved

Members
4,473 posts
7,234 battles
7 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Or just remove tk damage like in operations and all tk issues are solved

Too many in operations shoot at their teammates because they can't do damage and not actually play operations.  Happened quite often unfortunately since you removed the reason why a lot of folks don't shoot at their teammates.

Sign in to follow this