You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Why are you still playing?

66 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,597 posts
5,487 battles

If you have nothing good to say about the players, the mechanics, Wargaming, or anything about the game at all... why indeed are you still playing?  I truly am curious.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[ATF]
Members
52 posts
7,786 battles

A good citizen can love something and still try to improve problems.  In fact, a good citizen is obligated to do so.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[NOOBS]
Members
14 posts
881 battles
10 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

If you have nothing good to say about the players, the mechanics, Wargaming, or anything about the game at all... why indeed are you still playing?  I truly am curious.

The underlying tone of your message, if you play the game you cannot criticize it? well Zoup,  Wargaming invited me to play and for free, then asked for my comments so wth are you raging about?  Serious your comments are like stat shamming, I rarely post but your comment and monetized video really @#$% me off.  Who are you to look down on an INVITED guest of WG? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts

There are no 'other people who complain about everything'; they've already left the game.

You are talking to the people that you say enjoy it in one way or another - or in other words you can enjoy something whilst still having issues with some points of it.

I enjoy life, but some of it still sucks! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I use to be positive during battles, but there's really no point.

It's not even worth saying anything at all. Of course rank is the exception

[NMKJT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
740 posts
2,590 battles

A really good question.

I play that game because of animu! :3

jk!

Nah, I can have my complaints, but they are not many and I don't hate the game.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,659 posts
12,343 battles

I don't say much in game .  i just assume most are taters.   and with nothing to grind, I am slowing down my playing.    

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
10 minutes ago, Myoukou_Junyokan said:

A really good question.

I play that game because of animu! :3

I feel like thats part of the reason some of us are here lul.

• Cool 1

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,481 posts
21,338 battles

I thought War Gamming wanted to hear the players opinions about their game. Now you want to take away our thoughts and keep our mouth shut ? This is not the old Soviet Union Sir ! ! ! 

• Cool 3

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I’ve been asking myself that a lot lately. Some of the over the top gimmicky ships like Asashio and ridiculous fantasy ships are really making want to switch games to War Thunder or something.

• Cool 1

Members
252 posts
991 battles
26 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

It's not even worth saying anything at all. Of course rank is the exception

It stinks but I am starting to feel this way. You can coordinate all you want, but about half the time people will ignore you and just do what they want. It's a team-based game but there's not a lot of real incentive to work as a team.

• Cool 1

Members
1,131 posts
14,580 battles

Then again... why do so many mistake observations/comments made on the forum as being a complaint. I recently started a thread about the new AFK policies; never once did I say I was worried... or in any way concerned that I'd be affected by the new rules and yet that was an instant assumption of many responders.

It's unfortunate but I was natural born critical thinker. I'll always question everything; even those things I 100% agree with. That seldom means I've given up and gone home. There are a lot of ways the game could be improved form major reworks (CVs) to minor annoyances like not having a shopping cart for the Premium Shop. None of my complaints/observations about the game will keep me from playing but hopefully WG/WoWS  are paying attention to their client base.

How does the OP think we should convey our thoughts about the game to the developers of the game.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
22 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Then again... why do so many mistake observations/comments made on the forum as being a complaint. I recently started a thread about the new AFK policies; never once did I say I was worried... or in any way concerned that I'd be affected by the new rules and yet that was an instant assumption of many responders.

It's unfortunate but I was natural born critical thinker. I'll always question everything; even those things I 100% agree with. That seldom means I've given up and gone home. There are a lot of ways the game could be improved form major reworks (CVs) to minor annoyances like not having a shopping cart for the Premium Shop. None of my complaints/observations about the game will keep me from playing but hopefully WG/WoWS  are paying attention to their client base.

How does the OP think we should convey our thoughts about the game to the developers of the game.

I say things in a particular way to get my point across, but some peeps have problems with reading comprehension. Some want to jump my case only to find that they misread.

It doesnt happen as much as it use to. My theory is old member's kinda know I'm not normally in your face like the msjority. Smartassness on the other hand is a virtue. :cap_like:

When I "quote" someone, and it could be taken as hate, I put a :Smile_honoring: at the end. I'm still testing this, but so far it seems to be working. It's the only emote that I think everyone sees as positive.

Also... My new phones autocorrect  has no problem spelling "smartassness",  yet it can't do words like tongue, autocorrect, USN,  pesticide, probably, Amazon, etc...

Go figure...

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,172 battles
17 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I’ve been asking myself that a lot lately. Some of the over the top gimmicky ships like Asashio and ridiculous fantasy ships are really making want to switch games to War Thunder or something.

Nothing is perfect and still really like the game although I play less than I used to, on the look side The fantasy ships or skins we are starting to see more and more of are a look I do not like ,The realistic ship look is what attracted me in the first place,... can’t wait to sell my ARP ships

Members
3,992 posts
8,629 battles
25 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

It stinks but I am starting to feel this way. You can coordinate all you want, but about half the time people will ignore you and just do what they want. It's a team-based game but there's not a lot of real incentive to work as a team.

I put it into "realistic" terms; e.g. the Fleet has had a lot of losses recently and has sent out green captains right from officer training: furthermore, in the battle at hand electronic communications have completely broken down for some unfathomable reason.

Members
567 posts
80 battles

I don't hate the game, and I don't hate the players. Hate is a word that should not be used as often as it is.

Many players do leave much to be desired though as a disturbing number of them have developmental problems. I get it. They don't do well in society and online gaming is a place where they can be themselves without too much trouble. Often their parents, not being trained on how to raise a child with special needs (who is?) quickly realizes (for better or for worse) that computers can keep them out of trouble from the mean kids outside. Online gaming quickly becomes the surrogate and when left alone day after day, these kids grow up messed up with little to no real world survival skills.

The problem is that they amplify their deficiencies by not practicing how to interact with people face-to-face and learning right from wrong which makes them even more incapable of integrating and being a valued, self-reliant member of society. 

When it becomes apparent that their limited social skills and awkward behavior still gets them teased online, they resent humans and lose respect for human life. And that opens the door for the more extremely troubled who have access to guns to take their frustration out in the real world. 

It's not violent video games as in Japan games are ten times more gory and violent. It's the deadly cocktail of hours spent online with parents not present to correct their behavior combined with their inability to create and maintain real, meaningful in-person connections outside of the online world. 

All these young mass shooters are loners who spent all day every day online, but not necessarily playing violent games. 

Before the forum trolls jump in and claim I'm saying this game breeds mass shooters, just stop. I said that only applies to the extremely troubled. I'm just saying that much of the toxicity in game and in the forums are due to players spending far too much time in a digital world where anonymity and very little behavior policing keeps them from developing the tools they already are behind on. 

And you know this to be true simply because most of what these people say online are things they'd never say, at least not a second time, if the first time they said it, they got held to the fire. 

And if anything I said was wrong, then why are there so many posts about how bad WG is at policing toxic players? And complaints about the useless report system and karma system. And those that excuse the behavior often throw out the "it's online gaming, get used to it" card. Which just proves my point that the online community has an unnaturally high concentration of socially deficient people. 

And downvoting this post won't help the vicious circle of social skill decay they've put themselves in, but it'll make them feel better. For a little while.

Edited by A_Crying_Hipster

[SIM]
Members
3,610 posts
5,746 battles

Because I have thousands of dollars invested in Wargaming products. I have a right to be critical of a game that I’ve invested so much time and money into, as its growth or decline directly affect the value of my investment. Wargaming does some great stuff, but they also make some tremendously bone-headed moves. I respond to each as appropriate.

As for the people, this game’s community is largely atrocious, with a handful of bright spots shining among a tableau of utter crap. I’d love to discuss strategy, history, theorycraft, and friendly rivalries. Instead, this forum is largely a collection of sycophants and angry children. The culture of tolerated toxicity that greeted me when I first dared to begin posting here has only gotten worse, and shows no sign of changing. I should like these people? No, I tried. I’d trade 90% of them for a cigarette, and I don’t smoke.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Members
252 posts
991 battles
39 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I put it into "realistic" terms; e.g. the Fleet has had a lot of losses recently and has sent out green captains right from officer training: furthermore, in the battle at hand electronic communications have completely broken down for some unfathomable reason.

That's fun. Maybe I'll have to RP it that way too :fish_aqua:

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
393 posts
10,179 battles

Because I still have fun games and know when to take breaks from WG products.  In the case of WoT, that break once lasted as long as 2 years...

Members
175 posts
1,948 battles

Because the game is interesting and fun for the most part.  I don't give a rats [edited] about the negative nancies out there, I generally don't stroke their ego by getting involved in shenanigans.

[WOLF9]
Members
835 posts
6,170 battles
4 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

I don't hate the game, and I don't hate the players. Hate is a word that should not be used as often as it is.

Many players do leave much to be desired though as a disturbing number of them have developmental problems. I get it. They don't do well in society and online gaming is a place where they can be themselves without too much trouble. Often their parents, not being trained on how to raise a child with special needs (who is?) quickly realizes (for better or for worse) that computers can keep them out of trouble from the mean kids outside. Online gaming quickly becomes the surrogate and when left alone day after day, these kids grow up messed up with little to no real world survival skills.

The problem is that they amplify their deficiencies by not practicing how to interact with people face-to-face and learning right from wrong which makes them even more incapable of integrating into society and being a valued, self-reliant asset to society. 

When it becomes apparent that their limited social skills and awkward behavior still gets them teased online, they resent humans and lose respect for human life. And that opens the door for the more extremely troubled who have access to guns to take their frustration out in the real world. 

It's not violent video games as in Japan games are ten times more gory and violent. It's the deadly cocktail of hours spent online with parents not present to correct their behavior combined with their inability to create and maintain real, meaningful in-person connections outside of the online world. 

All these young mass shooters are loners who spent all day every day online, but not necessarily playing violent games. 

Before the forum trolls jump in and claim I'm saying this game breeds mass shooters, just stop. I said that only applies to the extremely troubled. I'm just saying that much of the toxicity in game and in the forums are due to players spending far too much time in a digital world where anonymity and very little behavior policing keeps them from developing the tools they already are behind on. 

And you know this to be true simply because most of what these people say online are things they'd never say, at least not a second time, if the first time they said it, they got held to the fire. 

And if anything I said was wrong, then why are there so many posts about how bad WG is at policing toxic players? And complaints about the useless report system and karma system. And those that excuse the behavior often throw out the "it's online gaming, get used to it" card. Which just proves my point that the online community has an unnaturally high concentration of socially deficient people. 

And downvoting this post won't help the vicious circle of social skill decay they've put themselves in, but it'll make them feel better. For a little while.

People(those that are chronologically adults or about to be so) still have to choose their own standard of behavior. When choice is de-coupled from consequence, people default to their level of upbringing, i.e. their personal level of civilization/lack thereof. 

That there is a significant portion of the player base that does not know why certain behaviors aren't acceptable, is the true dark age of the internet. Not that people forget how to do a thing(in this case, behave civilly) but that they forget why it is important to do that thing

All of this is not WG's fault: They're a business trying to make money in that world. I will err on the side of believing their policing efforts to be in good faith until I see proof otherwise. 

FYI: The Gods of the Copybook Headings are still watching, still waiting..

( Thank you, Kipling!)

[5BS]
Members
7,057 posts
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Mostly a cornered market; this is the game I dreamed of when I was 6-16, making Lego Ships/Revell Models and thus, I kind of have to play it. But to be 100% honest, if a different Publisher/Developer came out with a comparable product, and it included any of the features that WGing seems to actually be against placing in it: Single Player Campaign/Sandbox Mode/Level Editor, less balancing act style to balance itself, and more content aimed at Solo players/Pubs rather than pure clans/teams/competition, I would almost certainty uninstall day of release and never look back. It's the main reason I have hesitated to spend money for the most part here. I'm hedging my bets a superior product will come out EVENTUALLY (I waited ~25 years for this one) and given Wargaming's attitude, development method, and technology, they will not survive against a concerted Competition; certaintly not in the EU/NA/SA/SEA region at least. If a Japanese developer, US, or Canada developer basically made this game in their style, it would be more 'homogenized' yes, but a much higher overall quality (as is the norm). Frankly, I am shocked that of all companies, Ubisoft hasn't made one of these already: they already have the DevTools to crapout *both* large open rendered Maps both land and sea, AND have worked out how to make not top quality, but not bottom either, open world/CoOp experiences. By no means am I saying it would be perfect (because what is?) but I could see basically a Ghost Recon Wildlands/Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag version of WoWs/WoTs that would be vastly superior to this product and, given the market shares Ubisoft already enjoys over WGing, a competitor that frankly WGing cannot beat in most regions.

And given that Activision isn't making games anymore (somehow still turning a profit from *2* releases a year), EA is going to go belly up any day now (with their Sports Sales foundering and seemingly screwing up EVERY other release they do) Ubisoft is just chugging along, not perfect, but better than most (despite their own [edited] monitization schemes) and given the aforementioned style to their games, an open world, semi-CoOp style Era'd Vehicle sim seems like the logical progression. I could see it being set in modern day, still trying to chase that balloon till it pops, but if they are smart, and recognize that the WWII market never actually dried up, I could see a WWII naval game akin to Black Flag or a Tank Game somewheres like Wildlands being a top-seller.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

Methinks it might be time for a quick forum break, Zoup.  Go seal-club in your favorite tier 3 and just tune the chat out. I know it seems like a lot of people are here just to kvetch at every little thing if you hang around here a lot, but I personally have been surprised by the number of polite friendly people I've just bumped into in matches at random the last few days.

• Cool 1