You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

PSA on new flags replacements for Gold

20 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
7,126 posts
29,383 battles

PSA: flags/consumables reload are disabled now. Be careful with auto-enable as economic flags may be reloaded for Gold!

Be careful and look before you play your next ship first time in 0.7.4

• Cool 2

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,879 battles

2400 loons in total for 100 flags of each of the 5 economic ones, which is less than buying from the premium shop.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,522 posts
10,516 battles

"Players can enable auto-resupply of these signals for Doubloons as necessary. If the auto-resupply feature is already on when the Update is released, it will remain so but the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature will be disabled."

[-BRS-]
Members
416 posts
12,760 battles

cheaper than the premium shop..........thats a bit of great news....thanks. cool'd ya

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,879 battles
11 hours ago, Junostorm said:

2400 loons in total for 100 flags of each of the 5 economic ones, which is less than buying from the premium shop.

It is actually 4200 loons for 100 flags, it is the same price as the premium shop without any discount.

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles

I'm seeing different prices for different flags.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
11 hours ago, Junostorm said:

Hmm.  One of each is a total of 42 d.  So, yeah, 4200 for 100 of each.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Right now 300 of all the XP/Econ flags = $37.85, not counting currency conversion fees. 3785/300 games of complete flags = $.126 per game.

Dubloon cost of Econ flags = 42 for all 5. 42 * 300 games = 12600 dubloons. At best price ($100 increments), 250 dubloons = $1. 12600/250 = $50.40, which is $.168 per game

Auto-refill is 25% more expensive than buying the $37.85 bundle.

Example: I have over 6,000 battles. I have camo and all 5 econ flags on most of the time, it's the difference between $756 and $1008 if I had all 5 on for all 6K games.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,672 posts
4,470 battles

Aww. So it's gotten more expansive in the long run now, huh?

I wonder if it's still worth it to continue using them then. Would it be better to just get Premium time instead?

TBH, I kinda don't like the Premium time, because I have no control over when they are used up and depleted. On some days, I can't/won't play this game due to other pressing matters outside the game. If I were using the Premium time, then such days' worth of Premium time is wasted. The signal flags go no where even if I don't play on such days, so I really liked about it.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[INTEL]
Members
1,522 posts
10,516 battles
8 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I wonder if it's still worth it to continue using them then. Would it be better to just get Premium time instead?

TBH, I kinda don't like the Premium time, because I have no control over when they are used up and depleted. On some days, I can't/won't play this game due to other pressing matters outside the game. If I were using the Premium time, then such days' worth of Premium time is wasted. The signal flags go no where even if I don't play on such days, so I really liked about it.

I look at the cost of Premium over time.  I figure if I average 7 games a day, (~50/week) the cost of a single battle is about 14 cents.  A 90 day pass, is about 6 cents a battle.

If I miss a day, the cost goes up slightly across all of the other battles I play.  I have a lot of Premium time from the Christmas boxes so the cost is very low per battle since those rewards were quite a bit less expensive than if I had bought the Premium outright.  I figure for each day I don't play, most lost cost is less than 50 cents.

My advice is that once the Christmas boxes come back around save your money that you would spend on Premium time and put it into the boxes.  The return in Premium time and doubloons was greater than what I spent.  Assuming they do this again...

[BUOY]
Members
329 posts
9,484 battles
21 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The way I figure if you want to buy Premium Time is to either go for the full 360 or 180 days such that each day of gaming or not gaming costs you 27 or 32 cents respectively or to buy a day or three at a time such that if you're only up for a game or two you don't buy but if you're planning on grinding out a lot of games over a 200% XP weekend (such as the one starting tomorrow), the premium time multiplier adds up much faster than signals alone.

[CUTER]
Members
3,859 posts
18,392 battles

Mine were all "ON", including "resupply for in-game currency". Check your ships.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,672 posts
4,470 battles
13 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I look at the cost of Premium over time.  I figure if I average 7 games a day, (~50/week) the cost of a single battle is about 14 cents.  A 90 day pass, is about 6 cents a battle.

If I miss a day, the cost goes up slightly across all of the other battles I play.  I have a lot of Premium time from the Christmas boxes so the cost is very low per battle since those rewards were quite a bit less expensive than if I had bought the Premium outright.  I figure for each day I don't play, most lost cost is less than 50 cents.

My advice is that once the Christmas boxes come back around save your money that you would spend on Premium time and put it into the boxes.  The return in Premium time and doubloons was greater than what I spent.  Assuming they do this again...

8 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

The way I figure if you want to buy Premium Time is to either go for the full 360 or 180 days such that each day of gaming or not gaming costs you 27 or 32 cents respectively or to buy a day or three at a time such that if you're only up for a game or two you don't buy but if you're planning on grinding out a lot of games over a 200% XP weekend (such as the one starting tomorrow), the premium time multiplier adds up much faster than signals alone.

Well, you guys are both right, but I still can't shake the feeling of "any wasted days" that I get whenever I skip some days. I just can't, and it's powerful enough to sway me.

Before I started playing WoWs, I used to play WoT Blitz, also available on Steam (funny how WoT Blitz is the mobile version of WoT, but you can play it on any computer with Steam, lol). I used the Premium time there. At first, I bought one of those "some gold + 30 Premium days" bundle every month, until I had enough gold to buy 360 days of Premium time at once. Then soon came the summer season, and all those people out of school/work/whatever on vacation/break. My God, the lags... Maybe it was my internet or my computer. Maybe it was WG's server. Or maybe it was the influx of overpopulation. I do not know even till today, but at least I knew one thing: some days were just nigh unplayable. So I started skipping, using the same logic as you two wrote.

Then it hit me: where do I draw the line? How many days "missed" is acceptable until it's not?

Mind you, it's not always lags that made me skip some days. Sometimes, I had other pressing matters outside of the game that were more important and I had to skip playing for such days. But once I added the two of them together, and suddenly the numbers started to look a bit worrisome. It was then that I decided to not bother with the Premium time anymore.

I'm pretty sure that my example is actually one of those rare anecdote... but the damage was already done. By the time I jumped ship to WoWs, I still wasn't in any mood for any Premium time. So I never bought any ever since.

Frankly, so far, my overall connection to WoWs server is faaaaar more stable than it ever was to WoT Blitz server. And my daily conditions have changed that these days I can afford to skip far less days than it was. Part of me still want to give a go with the Premium time in this game. But what if things change again and I end up having to repeat a similar thing with WoT Blitz? I simply have no control over how the Premium time is spent, and I just can't help with that "any wasted days" feeling.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,981 posts
4,184 battles

Buy a passel of Doubloons to get a good discount, then parcel them out for a bit of Premium Time at a time.  Just buy a weekend or a day and you won't have the skip problem.

As for the Doubloons, you'll find something to spend them on if you decide not to use the Premium Time.  Oh, yes you will.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,672 posts
4,470 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Buy a passel of Doubloons to get a good discount, then parcel them out for a bit of Premium Time at a time.  Just buy a weekend or a day and you won't have the skip problem.

As for the Doubloons, you'll find something to spend them on if you decide not to use the Premium Time.  Oh, yes you will.

I already did find them. There're quite a lot of things to spend doubloons on, it seems.

Apparently, if a Premium ship is also available for purchase from the in-game tech tree with doubloons, then it is actually slightly cheaper to buy through the in-game tech tree than to buy directly from the Premium shop with real money. And that includes the 300 doubloon port slot. However, this is only true if you buy the biggest doubloon package, which gives you the most doubloon per dollar.

There is also the premium camo for Tier VI+ tech tree ships.

Port slots obviously are only purchasable with doubloons. All those lovely ships that I bought and grinded... gobba keep the ones I liek, even if many of them just become port queens, lol!

Hiring a new captain, for whatever reason? Might as well as spend 25 doubloons for a 3 pointer for a head start. Same with transferring a high-points captain from one tech tree ship to another.

Short on credit on a short notice? There's always that tempting "convert doubloons" button, lol. (I never used this feature yet though)

Then of course, the ever needed Free XP... for that awesome tech tree Tier IX premium ships that can only be bought with Free XP... gobba convert those Elite XP with doubloons if you don't have enough Free XP on hand~. LOLOL.

And now, the signal flags have been added as the latest doubloon sink.

Time for WG to just vacuum those doubloons up, I guess, lol.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[INTEL]
Members
1,522 posts
10,516 battles
8 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well, you guys are both right, but I still can't shake the feeling of "any wasted days" that I get whenever I skip some days. I just can't, and it's powerful enough to sway me.

I guess it's the same as any other 'subscription' service where you essentially pay for premium access.  Take internet service.  You can pay a base amount for your monthly access.  If you want higher download speeds or a static IP, you pay more.  If you don't use them every day or you don't need the higher speed, you are wasting the payments on those days.

A better analogy might be the content subscriptions for TV.  The least amount of time you can subscribe for is a month.  Do you watch TV everyday for 24 hours a day?  If not, there's wasted money for the content you didn't watch.

I get your discomfort.  The latter example bugs me because my wife watches a lot of TV and I watch very little.  We have quite a few subscriptions because the content she likes is spread across multiple providers.