Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

GZ appreciation

26 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles

Seems we have so many of these complaint threads, lets talk about whats great about it.

Awesome damage

Kills lots of ships

If your a GZ owner post your replays or Pictures up so people who are thinking of buying it can have a good look at your results

We always hear of the complaints from the non cv players, but give us your stories of the carnage you have done in a game.

Spare the silly down vote icons, no one cares

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,343 posts
19,649 battles

Haven’t seen any carnage; and the only GZ I’ve seen recently ragequit because he saw a Shok that I guess had just whooped his tushy in (what was apparently) his next game.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,620 posts
10,631 battles

Most complain come from BB who get insta deleted. Though some cruiser are also affected by that but it feels like Midway / Essex are almost broken for their tier compared to GZ / Lexington 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven’t seen any carnage; and the only GZ I’ve seen recently ragequit because he saw a Shok that I guess had just whooped his tushy in (what was apparently) his next game.

Well this shines a light on things, the GZ lost due to a better CV player

4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Most complain come from BB who get insta deleted. Though some cruiser are also affected by that but it feels like Midway / Essex are almost broken for their tier compared to GZ / Lexington 

So you don't think the amount of complaints the GZ is getting is warranted compared to the higher tier CV that are out there

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,900 posts
8,282 battles

shot-18.04.21_02.15.15-0554.jpg?width=72

Not a high dmg game, but I was only 10 seconds shy of a 7 kill battle. (On average I manage a kraken with GZ every 10 battles.) I won't lie. I enjoyed this one.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/253495002

This is a replay of one of my most fun recent battles. Fast forward to the end for the gratuitously silly and wasteful finale! I'll try and add some more screenshots to this post, including my personal record for dmg (a modest 237k battle, modest when compared to the 300k+ battes of some of our GZ community's greatest CV minds :)

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
38 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

shot-18.04.21_02.15.15-0554.jpg?width=72

Not a high dmg game, but I was only 10 seconds shy of a 7 kill battle. (On average I manage a kraken with GZ every 10 battles.) I won't lie. I enjoyed this one.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/253495002

This is a replay of one of my most fun recent battles. Fast forward to the end for the gratuitously silly and wasteful finale! I'll try and add some more screenshots to this post, including my personal record for dmg (a modest 237k battle, modest when compared to the 300k+ battes of some of our GZ community's greatest CV minds :)

It's nice to see a player really enjoy playing this game

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Most complain come from BB who get insta deleted.

it's about time BBs get instadeleted too, and I'm saying that as a BB main. Why should we be exempt, just because we're bigger than everyone else?

As for GZ, I don't have one myself, but it's certainly a strong ship. OP? Don't know about that. But certainly very strong in some situations.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,620 posts
10,631 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

it's about time BBs get instadeleted too, and I'm saying that as a BB main. Why should we be exempt, just because we're bigger than everyone else?

As for GZ, I don't have one myself, but it's certainly a strong ship. OP? Don't know about that. But certainly very strong in some situations.

I never said it wasn't a good thing to insta delt a BB, since they pretty much do this every time.

I also don't own GZ, I will not say it's a weak ship nor OP but I don't face a lot of them. Maybe it's my luck ? But I see more Enterprise at this tier than any other CV. Sometime I face some Shokakou and once every week a Lexington but GZ ? No 

[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,138 battles

I play a lot of tier 8 but I don't see alot of GZ. My biggest concern regarding spending money on a CV is the upcoming CV changes. I am not sure how the premium CVs will be effected as WG seems to try not to change a premium vehicle, however it sounds like a fundamental rework is underway. Do as much research as you can and make an informed decision but remember that ALL CVs are subject to change.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
4,293 battles
51 minutes ago, Lert said:

I never never disagree with the Lert...except here. NO ship should get insta-deleted unless its one of the fun and engaging mag dets. I have said many times before...while I understand the purpose for the mechanic, the whole idea of the citadel system or how its implemented is just rubbish. I got deleted in two runs by GZ DBs in my Bayern earlier today...its kinda over the top and ridic. I will freely admit that I zagged when I should have zigged and got separated from the two cruisers that were kind enough to go slow and provide AA cover for me. Once we got separated....as Hobbes would say, the life of my Bayern was brutish and short. I have plenty of ships so its not that Im complaining I got deleted so quickly. My beef is that the AP bomb mechanic is flat out broken....IMO.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles
1 minute ago, BBsquid said:

I never never disagree with the Lert...except here. NO ship should get insta-deleted unless its one of the fun and engaging mag dets.

So ... You're inherently against things like multiple cits from a BB to a CL? Because those instadelete the CL. Or like a long lance to center mass of another DD? That tends to be an instadelete as well. I mean, you're either against all instadeletes, or accept that GZ can instadelete some BBs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,222 posts
9,756 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

things like multiple cits from a BB to a CL? 

Truly the most satisfying feeling in the game, along with the accompanying slot machine bell and kill flag

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
28 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

My beef is that the AP bomb mechanic is flat out broken....IMO.

So not really a GZ concern but any Cv with AP bombs

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
4,293 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

So not really a GZ concern but any Cv with AP bombs

When you put it that way...yes. But I will say in my horribly small sample size of matches with GZ's (I think all of 3-4), I have seen that CV do some alarming things that I havent seen any other CV do. It could simply be that the GZ driver was very, very good in all those matches. 

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
4,293 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

So ... You're inherently against things like multiple cits from a BB to a CL? Because those instadelete the CL. Or like a long lance to center mass of another DD? That tends to be an instadelete as well. I mean, you're either against all instadeletes, or accept that GZ can instadelete some BBs.

Im simply saying that the citadel system is over done, for reasons that makes sense in an arcade game. I disagree with the implementation. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
1 minute ago, BBsquid said:

When you put it that way...yes. But I will say in my horribly small sample size of matches with GZ's (I think all of 3-4), I have seen that CV do some alarming things that I havent seen any other CV do. It could simply be that the GZ driver was very, very good in all those matches. 

We have all seen CV's at various tiers do wonderful/horrible things to teams, Midways killing 5-6 players when the other team had all the caps up by points and looked like it was a win, but alas no.

It will be interesting the rework they do to CV, but that's going to be another thread later on.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
2 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

Im simply saying that the citadel system is over done, for reasons that makes sense in an arcade game. I disagree with the implementation. 

It might simply be a way of WG speeding up the time it takes to play a battle, so more battles are played , there fore more money is spent

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
4,293 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

We have all seen CV's at various tiers do wonderful/horrible things to teams, Midways killing 5-6 players when the other team had all the caps up by points and looked like it was a win, but alas no.

It will be interesting the rework they do to CV, but that's going to be another thread later on.

I will agree in essence with this statement but in the very few battles I have against the GZ, something seems wrong. Hard to be empirical with such a low sample size though; like I said, it could be teams are just getting outplayed by GZ drivers that know their stuff. I still have my reservations. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
2 minutes ago, BBsquid said:

I will agree in essence with this statement but in the very few battles I have against the GZ, something seems wrong. Hard to be empirical with such a low sample size though; like I said, it could be teams are just getting outplayed by GZ drivers that know their stuff. I still have my reservations. 

The GZ player in your matches still has a red CV to contend with, so the question is, Was the other CV capable or not,  the skill disparity between CV players is quite large, and this is what is leading towards the CV rework on the RTS way that it is played, if the enemy CV was a terrible player it would show through that the GZ capt had his way with the enemy team, also the tiers at what the battle was in, little AA or lots on either side, lots of discerning factors in what may look like a 1 sided affair.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,019 posts
9,413 battles
57 minutes ago, Lert said:

There's a difference though in just pure efficiency. I can if I choose auto delete a BB in Lex, Shokaku, etc. Long as my planes get through AA. GZ takes it to 15 from everything I've seen. 9 fighters that get a DPS boost from DFE, it'll wreck Lex's lone squad and only reason Shokaku and E stand a chance is abusing the exit strafe lock mechanic. Same nonsense that has USN fighters routinely beat IJN's, taken to a new level. 2 TB squads every bit as if not more effective than IJN's that wreck ships as is. And DB's that can not only actually hit a target for a change, the higher pen HE ups that damage too. 20% HP in my Scharn to weaker HE bombs than USN as I recall. Single salvo kills should be damn near impossible without being detonated. Why I - as someone that plays both CV's and BB's, think that with manual drop just not getting changed at this rate, we need to lower CV alpha damage, and increase DB accuracy, while lowering AA back to reasonable levels for it, and take at least let's say 2000 damage off max damage of BB shells, maybe a bit more or less but in general shift it that even if you land 3 citadel hits, your gonna have to actually land solid hits as well to have any chance at a one shot from full health, not just an overpen or two. Your aim is true and RNG gods on your side - okay. You get a OHK. I one shot something in a CV - it better be that it's a DD or cruiser I managed to hit with damn near everything I launched at it, or a case of regardless of ship type, I bring in my first group, attack, score hits, force the DCP and then the next from the same strike group held back hit and burn/flood it to death. 

But hey, they wanna remove citadel's entirely - I'm game for that too. Maybe I'm the odd man out, but where I may get the occasional laugh out of a det, I get no joy or satisfaction really from one shotting a cruiser at 17 km cause my aim was right and RNG actually didn't send my rounds over and under or any ship with manual drop from CV's. The one remote exception is blind shots in smoke tracing fire back and all. I'd rather have to take a couple shots at a cruiser with my BB even if I catch them broadside. I'd rather have to use my planes strategically and try and bait DCP and use DoT to take a ship out then "lol, press alt and win". I want a fight, I want a challenge, I want to have to out think an enemy CV not out alt click him. It's why I hated the armour bug the other patch brought us that BB's were getting citadeled like hell. I'd rather have cruisers able to take at least a couple more hits, even DD's albeit they should really avoid being shot at and dodge, usually works for me when not dealing with high RoF DD's and cruisers in one.

[DOG]
Members
588 posts
7,385 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Spare the silly down vote icons, no one cares

You realize that's like throwing a live goat under a bridge as far as the trolls are concerned?  :Smile_Default:

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
19 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

You realize that's like throwing a live goat under a bridge as far as the trolls are concerned?  :Smile_Default:

I'll wear it like a badge of honour, as it's only people who cant string 2 words together and put forth a debate, but they can click an icon button, just like that guy in the lost in space movie,

quote "and the monkey pushes the button"

Its pretty much the same thing

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[KNMSU]
Members
5,555 posts
5,734 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

This is a poor argument, and you should hang your head in shame for making it. BBs were already at risk for "insta-deletion" from competent TB-wielding CV drivers, and destroyers. Just because the multi-hit citadel "pop" doesnt exist for most battleships, doesn't mean that the threat of being wiped out in an moment didn't exist, so you can go ahead and holster that flaccid assertion.

Moreover, the answer to "reeling in" BB survivability - if such a thing were even necessary - is not to over-empower a few specific units like GZ and Asashio (or however the hell it's spelled), but to ballance the game on a universal level. Taking a single ship and buffing it for the purpose of decimating battleships is outright lazy design (not to mention GZ's AP bombs smash cruisers, too).

Your schtick has gotten so old, Lert. White knighting Wargaming is passe.

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles
1 minute ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Your schtick has gotten so old, Lert. White knighting Wargaming is passe.

You really don't know me at all, do you ...

[SIM]
Members
3,580 posts
5,714 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Well, a good main battery salvo or a solid torpedo hit requires skill in most situations. Hur dur AP bomb cits by comparison do not. Thankfully, the CV rework will take care of that, from the sound of it. 

Sign in to follow this