Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Purchasing Signal Flags

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,957 posts
10,828 battles

I have been reading the update notes for update 0.7.4 and noticed that Signal Flags will now be able to be purchased in game. Will there be a credit option, because at the moment looks like Doubloons only?

Also if it’s going to be Doubloons only, is there or can there be a safeguard that if somebody runs out of Flags while they are are on auto resupply? It needs to not suddenly start draining Doubloons with out specific authorization from the player that they want to spend Doubloons. Lol when doing marathon grind in afternoon it could be all too easy to lose count and do additional battle beyond your Signal flag supply. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,170 posts
4,934 battles

I hope that at least the standard ones will have a credit option, that would be really nice.

As to doubloon siphoning, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll probably have a little "resupply using in-game currency?" check-box like the consumables currently have. At least, I don't see a reason why they WOULDN'T do that.

[PVE]
Members
2,941 posts
21,599 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

can there be a safeguard

9 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I hope that at least the standard ones will have a credit option, that would be really nice.

As to doubloon siphoning, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll probably have a little "resupply using in-game currency?" check-box like the consumables currently have. At least, I don't see a reason why they WOULDN'T do that.

^^^This...it even says so in the update notes. (I was worried about it myself & about to post the same kinda thread & then I re-read it & it's there...if you have them set on resupply they will continue to resupply but if you run out they will only resupply for doubloons if you check the box.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,725 posts
15,931 battles
44 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It needs to not suddenly start draining Doubloons with out specific authorization from the player that they want to spend Doubloons.

Ya, that happened to me with camo while I was grinding cruisers and wasn't paying attention. I'd love for this to happen, but ... really ... it does make WoW money and I wasn't paying attention so I don't have anyone to blame but me. Still, some type of warning would be appreciated.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
52 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have been reading the update notes for update 0.7.4 and noticed that Signal Flags will now be able to be purchased in game. Will there be a credit option, because at the moment looks like Doubloons only?

Also if it’s going to be Doubloons only, is there or can there be a safeguard that if somebody runs out of Flags while they are are on auto resupply? It needs to not suddenly start draining Doubloons with out specific authorization from the player that they want to spend Doubloons. Lol when doing marathon grind in afternoon it could be all too easy to lose count and do additional battle beyond your Signal flag supply. 

Unfortunately, if you have clicked enable, you have given your permission to replace the used flags on your ship, and if you do not have them and they are available to purchase they will charge you the doubloons for them

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
19 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Unfortunately, if you have clicked enable, you have given your permission to replace the used flags on your ship, and if you do not have them and they are available to purchase they will charge you the doubloons for them

True, but, it's up to the player to verify the checked or unchecked status of said box.  

I'll be interested to see if the pennants are part of this, or just the economic 'normal' signals.

Edited by mavfin87

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,170 posts
4,934 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

I'll be interested to see if the pennants are part of this, or just the economic 'normal' signals.

If they are my guess is that they'll be like the "purchasable" camo that costs 125 doubloons to rebuy.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
Just now, Landsraad said:

If they are my guess is that they'll be like the "purchasable" camo that costs 125 doubloons to rebuy.

Well, the least amount I have of any of the pennants is Dragon at 650ish.  The others are over 800, I think, so it'll be a while before I need to replenish those!  But, yeah, it'll be interesting to see.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
854 posts
14,194 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Also if it’s going to be Doubloons only, is there or can there be a safeguard

+1 for me.

I hope later they can add silver purchase but without safeguard is risky /especially if you have multiple ships for grind and already set camos and flags/ .

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,681 posts
12,344 battles
16 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

+1 for me.

I hope later they can add silver purchase but without safeguard is risky /especially if you have multiple ships for grind and already set camos and flags/ .

They wont simply because the sell flags for cash in the prem shop, so I do not think you will ever see flags sold for silver

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Sign in to follow this