Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Noriruru

Another patch... Another shafting for the Co-Op community....

138 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

Come on guys! Really?

Aren't Co-Op players punished enough already for their choice of gameplay?

-Punishing economy that guarantees massive straight-up economic loss (even on an awsome performance) in ANY Tier Above 6.

-super short queue times preventing the proper formation of player teams

-the INTENTIONAL placement of certain types of bots for even more junk teams.

And STILL you are not finished messing with us...?

Now you want use Co-Op as your new gulag for PvP's worst of the worst.

So basically instead of simply banning the drags of the PvP world you're going to just dump all of these trolls, serial teamkillers, and other useless scum into the laps of decent normal Co-Op players saying here's our worst rejects for you...they're YOU'RE problem now...enjoy .

Why does it seem that wargamming takes such perverse pleasure in making PvEers lives as f**king miserable as humanly possible?

Did PvE players touch the lead developers at wargamming in "bad places" as kids or something to incur such wrath? :P {Which would be strange as I would suspect some of these PvPer would be more likely to do that first} :cap_wander_2:

At least you guys made training room fun again.

But seriously STOP WITH THIS DAMN PvE/PvP PROXY WAR!

 

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,301
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,846 posts
10,398 battles

It'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
742
[WAG]
Members
1,690 posts
9,122 battles

.. they need a special island... where the bad can play with each other... and the rest of us can go in, if we choose, and play Snake Plitskin..... 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[WOLF9]
Members
1,130 posts
4,971 battles

While I agree that WG could have come up with a better solution with the upcoming new anti-abuse system by creating a "Phantom Mode" of co-op instead of dumping transgressors into the standard WoWs co-op PvE, as it stands now, a lot of people who get the pink badge of shame from team damage and team killing go to co-op to work it off.

So, in other words, I don't know if PvE players will notice much of a change to be honest. With the new anti-abuse system, players will actually have to do more to go from standard to pink and then to the new badge of shame color, orange, in order to be sentenced to co-op. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts

Pinkies have never been a real problem (hell I think we've all been there...done that at one point or another sometimes of no fault of our own) It's the orange brigade (a.k.a. the more hardecore trolls) that's poised to be the real problem for Co-Op players.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
15 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

.. they need a special island... where the bad can play with each other... and the rest of us can go in, if we choose, and play Snake Plitskin..... 

HAHAHA! now THAT sounds awsome. :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,163
[RLGN]
Members
10,358 posts
19,660 battles
33 minutes ago, Noriruru said:

-Punishing economy that guarantees massive straight-up economic loss (even on an awsome performance) in ANY Tier Above 6.

The only time I ever lose credits in Co-op is when i derp really badly; or forget to switch out my premium consumables; even when I'm playing higher tier ships.

27 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It'll be fine.

This change worries me less than what might happen to carrier; and I'm Pikohan here knows how much ah wuv mah Co-op carriers!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
971
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles

Honestly I'm always surprised by how many players do Co-op primarily or even solely in game. I honestly expected it to mostly be a training mode for new players or testing out new ships, rather than having a fully dedicated fanbase to compete with modes like Randoms and Operations.

edit: What? I'm not saying this as a bad thing, if you like Co-op more than PvP then by all means play the heck out of it! I'm just saying I didn't expect it to happen.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The only time I ever lose credits in Co-op is when i derp really badly; or forget to switch out my premium consumables; even when I'm playing higher tier ships.

You make money in Co-Op even with t9?:cap_fainting:AW MAN you GOTTA tell me your secret.:cap_book: I go out in an Iowa, rack up up to 150k damage,  sink 4-5 ships, cap a base or two and STILL somehow go -35k:cap_haloween: Granted my Ibuki game still needs MUCH Work. wth am I doing wrong?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
7 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Honestly I'm always surprised by how many players do Co-op primarily or even solely in game. I honestly expected it to mostly be a training mode for new players or testing out new ships, rather than having a fully dedicated fanbase to compete with modes like Randoms and Operations.

Well hasn't been much in the way of good historical single player naval games since Battlestations Midway/Pacific or the warship gunner series is my guess as to why there is such a strong PvEer presence.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
593
[WNSTN]
Members
2,709 posts
16,399 battles
7 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

You are more likely to be team killed by a friendly bot than any pink/orange player.  

 

yup, last time I played coop, that's exactly what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,701
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,369 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

I'm still stuck on how you lose money in Coop. 

If you have premium time you probably won't lose credits at any tier other than maybe 10 assuming you don't use premium consumables and the like. Without premium time you can easily lose credits starting around tier 8, again without using premium camo/consumables. I recently quit playing tier 8+ because I quit buying premium time and earnings without signals were just crap for average games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
6 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

You are more likely to be team killed by a friendly bot than any pink/orange player. 

LOL Yeah you definately got a solid point there  and is the main reason I hate both the stupidly short queue times ans deliberate bot placements so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
4 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Google came up with this:

 

/stonewall.jpg

Um.... A family photo...?  Which one is you...?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,163
[RLGN]
Members
10,358 posts
19,660 battles
14 minutes ago, Noriruru said:

You make money in Co-Op even with t9?:cap_fainting:AW MAN you GOTTA tell me your secret.:cap_book: I go out in an Iowa, rack up up to 150k damage,  sink 4-5 ships, cap a base or two and STILL somehow go -35k:cap_haloween: Granted my Ibuki game still needs MUCH Work. wth am I doing wrong?

Honestly, I doubt you're doing anything wrong.

Premium account, signals and camo; and also partly because I count any game that's at least 1 credit in the black as a net gain.

Even when I play without those, I've managed to get at least two containers just playing co-op; but my work schedule gives my the time to play that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
6 minutes ago, Sillypuddi said:

cb8.jpg

Hey all those orange trolls PvP produces... Your rejects...Your problem don't dump em on us.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[FOGMC]
Members
211 posts
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Honestly, I doubt you're doing anything wrong.

Premium account, signals and camo; and also partly because I count any game that's at least 1 credit in the black as a net gain.

Even when I play without those, I've managed to get at least two containers just playing co-op; but my work schedule gives my the time to play that much.

Well maybe it's lack of premium time then!

With all the bad team and loss streaks I get as a result I just can't justify buying premium time.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,134
[USCC2]
Members
4,773 posts
8 minutes ago, Noriruru said:

Um.... A family photo...?  Which one is you...?

:Smile_teethhappy: The one with the leg tattoo - he is a seadog after all. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×