You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

XP premium ship question

10 comments in this topic

Members
341 posts
7,093 battles

I"ve decided to get the Nelson but I was wondering about the Musashi? Is it worth the 750,000 free xp or is it just an inferior yamato? TIA

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

I'd pass on Musashi, personally. Nelson is great. It's up to you, however. Nelson will be more fun, and way more forgiving, musashi is very strong but takes a lot of skill to make work. If you want the credit grinding, go musashi, for fun, go nelson, and if you want a musashi just grind Yamato, its better. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,992 posts
8,629 battles
7 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I"ve decided to get the Nelson but I was wondering about the Musashi? Is it worth the 750,000 free xp or is it just an inferior yamato? TIA

It's more complicated than that. Ask Lert he has both.

I have the Yamato and am not tempted by her younger sister.

[ok that didn't sound right did it]

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,782 posts
10,986 battles

It is worth the 750K but get the Nelson now!

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,052 posts
8,425 battles

They're both great ships for their own reasons.  Nelson offers unique game play at tier VII.  Musashi gives you (almost) all of Yamato's power a full tier lower, which makes her a lot more comfortable to play.  If I were you, I would start with HMS Nelson and then save up for Musashi (or whatever other free-XP ship Wargaming releases this year -- my vote is on a tier IX 457mm Conqueror!).

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

I got the Nelson recently and I'm having a BLAST with her, no regrets here. Musashi has a bit less appeal for me over just being a nerfed Yamato. I mean, yeah there's the credit-earning potential, but if I wanted the Yamato experience NAO! and had 750k free XP lying around I'd just get the Yamato.

Beta Testers
58 posts
8,380 battles

I'd say get the Nelson first then get Musashi. Nelson is the only tier 7 Royal Navy BB to have the super heal which if you angle her well enough to prevent taking citadels you will outlast a lot of her tier 7 peers. Also 9x46% fire chance, whats not to love? For Musashi, sure she is a Yamato one full tier down, with AA that works like their 46 cm Sanshikidan, a good visual spectacle but nothing more, with 0.3 sigma, 100 more health and the slight chance of running into tier 7 ships(which is fun). So my honest opinion is to get both.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,302 posts
5,859 battles

Musashi has access to the HSF camo you can purchase with doubloons to gain a +50% commander xp bonus on top of all the bonuses of the permanent tier 9 camo making her the best IJN captain trainer.