You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

When pensacola replaces cleveland, and you have permanent camo on both, will you get a second permanent camo like gnevny did in the RU DD split?

18 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
582 posts
12,056 battles

When pensacola replaces cleveland, and you have permanent camo on both, will you get a second permanent camo for pensacola ? When they split the Russian DD line, gnevny was given a second unique permanent camo (christmas camo).

Vdeqof1.jpg

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

According to waterline, and the 2 phil's. The rules for compensation will be the same as the russian dd line split.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles

Seems silly to me, but I'll take it.

Since T6 costs less than T7 camo, you should get the difference in cost, unless the camo can remain for the new ship at T7.  And since T8 costs more than T6 camo, Cleveland is making out like a bandit. 

Too many permutations to explore, though...

[WOLF3]
Members
19,778 posts
18,185 battles

Pensacola isn't replacing Cleveland's spot.  The CL Line Split starts at Tier VI and a new ship, Dallas, will take over Cleveland's spot.

Pensacola is basically moving into a spot made expressly for her to be the start of the CA portion of the line.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,819 battles
35 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

According to waterline, and the 2 phil's. The rules for compensation will be the same as the russian dd line split.

AND THE RULE IS?!@?!?!?!??!?!?!?@#!#!@#@!#

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
32 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

AND THE RULE IS?!@?!?!?!??!?!?!?@#!#!@#@!#

Sorry, not going to try to translate that, dont want anyone blaming me for 1-10000 doubloons worth if camo error if i mis-state them.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
48 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Seems silly to me, but I'll take it.

Since T6 costs less than T7 camo, you should get the difference in cost, unless the camo can remain for the new ship at T7.  And since T8 costs more than T6 camo, Cleveland is making out like a bandit. 

Too many permutations to explore, though...

Exactly, this may "loose" money, (even though its money you cant count on) but you can have a potentially complicated series of combinations that would have to be planned for.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Pensacola isn't replacing Cleveland's spot.  The CL Line Split starts at Tier VI and a new ship, Dallas, will take over Cleveland's spot.

Pensacola is basically moving into a spot made expressly for her to be the start of the CA portion of the line.

According to the news from Dev blog pens will drop to cleveland NO will drop to pens balti will drop to NO Buffalo will fill the Balti spot the dalls=as will be t6 CL helena t7 cleve t8 so o so forth

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,944 battles
45 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm not really sure that's how it works. The question really becomes are they treating T6 Cleveland as part of the CL line BEFORE the split, which I honestly don't see a reason for them to. Right now we have a single cruiser line. That line will become the CA line. Since Cleveland is at T6 on the line that will BECOME the CA line, that leads me to believe that its replacement will be Pensacola, not Dallas.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a free Dallas, but I'm skeptical that--on top of all the free stuff we're already getting--the Devs would be THAT generous. We'll probably have Dallas researched, but that's all I'm counting on right now as far as new ships in the CL line.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Do we yet know what update this will happen?

CC and ST will have them 4 / 25 I see the split happening late may with 0.7.5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,851 posts
10,417 battles
5 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Do we yet know what update this will happen?

Tentatively 7.5.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,478 posts
12,810 battles

the CLs are going into testing with the next patch.  If testing goes well, it should be the patch after.  If testing doesn't go well, hopefully the community will not cry "just release them"

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,730 posts
1,140 battles
9 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

...and on the other hand, who cares?

The people who have permacamo on these ships might just possibly care.

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,055 battles

The expectation is that there will be a permanent camouflage at the Tier that currently has the camouflage.  It is likely that there will be camouflage at the new Tier for the ship that moves.

There will likely be compensation when there is a duplicate of some item.

[LOS]
Members
634 posts
9,471 battles

There were a couple of threads on this around the Holidays with some very detailed analysis based on the Sovietski DD split.  I seem to recall that some of the CC's weighed in at that time and opined that if you have Perma Camo for T6 Cleveland, it will be there on T8 Cleveland and the T6 replacement.  The take away point as I recall was this can be a windfall in both free ships and free Camo.  I'd have to run some searches, but since then I've ground up to the Baltimore and bought Camo along the journey in hopes of this very scenario.