You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Radical_20

Received TK status without killing anyone

16 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,788 battles

I was sailing my Pensacola on two brothers; a decent game.

Anyway, I got tagged with TK status, but I didn't kill anybody.  I admit I did hit a team-mate, accidentally. And caused damage to him. But he didn't sink. In fact he survived the game.

Like I said, we were on Two Brothers. And there's that island in the NE, really close to the big island.  I was NE of a Scharnhorst (Both of us headed SE). We were both really close to that island, when an enemy BB decided to shoot the narrow gap between. Scharny was already going slow, so he reversed to get torps on enemy. I continued forward.  Scharny fired torps, and I fired guns. My rear turrets hadn't cleared Scharny yet.  Anyway. I caused a damage on the Scharny. But the Scharny successfully sunk enemy. 

I immediately chatted "sorry" to the Scharny. He didn't reply. At that point it was two-on-two. He burned for about 10 more seconds and put out the fire. A few seconds after that, I got hit with the TK warning, and fined about 12K hit points.

I don't understand.  I though you had to actually kill a team-mate to get TK status. Like I said. I admit I hit him. But he didn't sink.

I've watched the replay twice now, and I know he survived the match. I didn't see any message saying I had sunk anybody on my team.

Any thoughts?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,658 posts
13,234 battles

The TK system reacts to team damage, and one single instance usually isn't enough to trip it. Being pink is a total non-punishment, don't worry about it, just be a bit more careful.

Members
120 posts
6,788 battles

Understood.

It's my 4th TK.. If memory serves... In 2,700 battles. So I think I'm OK.

I'm not too concerned, but the mechanic kind of freaked me out. I'm sailing along and I get the TK message... "What the....?"

[REVY]
Members
6,106 posts
5,104 battles
13 minutes ago, Radical_20 said:

I was sailing my Pensacola on two brothers; a decent game.

Anyway, I got tagged with TK status, but I didn't kill anybody.  I admit I did hit a team-mate, accidentally. And caused damage to him. But he didn't sink. In fact he survived the game.

Like I said, we were on Two Brothers. And there's that island in the NE, really close to the big island.  I was NE of a Scharnhorst (Both of us headed SE). We were both really close to that island, when an enemy BB decided to shoot the narrow gap between. Scharny was already going slow, so he reversed to get torps on enemy. I continued forward.  Scharny fired torps, and I fired guns. My rear turrets hadn't cleared Scharny yet.  Anyway. I caused a damage on the Scharny. But the Scharny successfully sunk enemy. 

I immediately chatted "sorry" to the Scharny. He didn't reply. At that point it was two-on-two. He burned for about 10 more seconds and put out the fire. A few seconds after that, I got hit with the TK warning, and fined about 12K hit points.

I don't understand.  I though you had to actually kill a team-mate to get TK status. Like I said. I admit I hit him. But he didn't sink.

I've watched the replay twice now, and I know he survived the match. I didn't see any message saying I had sunk anybody on my team.

Any thoughts?

I once set a teammate on fire because he was pink and threatening to teamkill everyone on the team if his demands weren't met.  This turned me pink and I soon lost 80% of my HP.  Moderate team damage is enough to turn you pink.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

You don't have to actually kill someone to become pink. Just doing enough damage over several matches will be enough.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,752 posts
4,882 battles

It's not jut the kill.  It's damage as well.  So chances are the fire ticks (That and flooding counts for the threshold) were enought o put you over the limit.

Pulled this off the Wiki entry

Players will receive the disciplinary teamkiller status for committing either of the following offences:

• do 10,000 damage or more to Allies (1% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points (each) by main battery, aerial bombs or aerial torpedoes; or
  • do 40,000 damage or more to Allies (4% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points by ship-launched torpedoes; or
  • destroy an ally by main battery fire, torpedoes of any kind or bombs (which means the last hit to sink them counts, not the amount of damage done previously); or
  • shoot down 30 or more allied aircraft in the last 100 air battles.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Teamkilling

• Cool 1

Members
2,179 posts
5,271 battles

y'know, you may be the first person i've seen asking about this on the forums that didn't sound like you asked for/deserved it. no excuses or blame, just a simple explanation and a question. i'm pleasantly surprised.

as long as you're not doing it on a regular basis, it's not a big deal. the system is in place as a warning to watch your fire. it's a learning experience, and now you know to hold your fire just a split second longer to make sure you're past the friendly. discipline only comes to those who do it intentionally and repeatedly.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,453 posts
14,005 battles

My secondaries broke the engine of a friendly DD once and not realizing it  they did not repair because they had last stand.

Needless to say I lost a huge chunk of HP because ywould not repair it so I turned pink in the process.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
12 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

My secondaries broke the engine of a friendly DD once and not realizing it  they did not repair because they had last stand.

Needless to say I lost a huge chunk of HP because ywould not repair it so I turned pink in the process.

Secondaries have not caused team damage for a long time.

[WAG]
Members
424 posts
7,869 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Can they cause a fire? If so, does the fire damage count against team damage for Pink status?

[GWG]
[GWG]
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
1 minute ago, DustRhino said:

Can they cause a fire? If so, does the fire damage count against team damage for Pink status?

The took all team damage out of them so no.

[WAG]
Members
424 posts
7,869 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The took all team damage out of them so no.

That is good. Secondary fire is all RNG so it shouldn't be considered our fault if a friendly gets hit. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,474 posts
10,159 battles
1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

shoot down 30 or more allied aircraft in the last 100 air battles.

I assume this is a CV only item since AA never effects friendly planes (unlike IRL where friendlies were often shot down by nervous AA gunners)

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,752 posts
4,882 battles
5 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I assume this is a CV only item since AA never effects friendly planes (unlike IRL where friendlies were often shot down by nervous AA gunners)

CV only considering the only way to shoot down allied planes AFAIK is with the strafe mechanic.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,453 posts
14,005 battles
25 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Well then Idk because the guy lost no HP just a broke engine.

I was in my DesMoines and you know what those Main guns can do to a DD at point blank range

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well then Idk because the guy lost no HP just a broke engine.

I was in my DesMoines and you know what those Main guns can do to a DD at point blank range

Could have been an overpen that went through his engine from your main battery. That would only cause module damage. A patch long ago stopped secondaries from firing on allied ships. Also eliminated any collateral damage caused.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1