Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JdeMolay

Alsace Manual Secondaries?

7 comments in this topic

[LODGE]
Beta Testers
152 posts
11,039 battles

Situation:

I have started my Alsace cap on the road to a secondary build. I have all the range upgrades so I am getting the 11.3 range, but do not have the manual fire control for a (-60% dispersion) cap perk yet. I have noticed that I still get a ton of hits and do a great deal of damage with the secondaries. It is also nice to have her shoot at two ships at once. More than once I have brawled against two BB's and sunk them both. So I am wondering....

Question:

1) Is the Alsace secondary base dispersion better than the Germans?

2) Is it worth it to add manual fire control if it is still hitting targets a bunch, especially multiple ships ?

Thoughts? (especially from Alsace drivers with a secondary build?

Members
1,174 posts
3,153 battles

The increase in number of hits you will get with the manual secondary skill far outweighs the drawback of only being able to target one ship at a time. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,922 battles

Depends on what you want. I have Richelieu and I love her. I also love her because of her limits, so I have to make use of everything given to her. That being a decent amount of Secondaries along with Manual Secondaries. 

[T-RIP]
Members
1,182 posts
8,632 battles
6 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

The increase in number of hits you will get with the manual secondary skill far outweighs the drawback of only being able to target one ship at a time. 

%100 agree, especially when you click on a DD and watch it melt away in no time! 

[INTEL]
Members
6,730 posts
26,459 battles

I have Alsace with Manual secondaries, IFHE for them, and AFT. No CE. Works well.

[STURM]
Members
45 posts
16,831 battles

You need IFHE above anything else for a secondary build on Alsace; im not sure you have that? Those 100mm cant pen BB/CA superstructure without it. As for your question; yes. The Alsace in my opinion is the best t9 BB in the game (I have all of them), but you need to have a full secondary build to make it a beast. It will increase your damage per battle by ~50,000k easily every game. The Alsace is better that the Republic, in my opinion, and the Republic is a decent BB. 

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
344 posts
7,817 battles

I had manual secondaries on this ship until i got the Republique. Best game I had in it was this week secondary wise, 212k damage total overall. Secondary damage 512 hits for about 23K, but 35k in fire damage to those ships. Another game I played Tuesday that had Zoup in it I had 315 secondary hits, but less damage. The ship shines alot against tier 7 ships and picking good targets for your secondaries. The first game I mentioned was a brawling match. 

Sign in to follow this