Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Anti Abuse System (AAS) about to be implemented

7 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

After reading your detailed explanation about the upcoming AAS I think I like it but I would like to add a thought or two on the implementation. 

First, there's this thread... 

PS: I do not recall naming the thread as it is renamed. Is it possible a moderator changed the title, as in my OP there's no reference at all to any such thing about wanting numbers/details on penalties. :cap_haloween: There are some really good thoughts in that thread by many folks on your choice to turn coop into something other than what it is now. I encourage you to read it and consider the possibilities. 

I do wish you'd create a different mode, a penalty mode for those players. If you did it that way, everyone but those being punished would be happy. Which is ultimately what you want. 

I also think it likely you'll need to watch the implementation very very closely. It may seem very straightforward to those who coded it but I do not believe it can be fully tested on the PTS the way it can "in the wild" on the production servers. So rather than back-pedal and apologize for things if they go south really fast, maybe the first week or so you can log the incidences for review to determine if the "sub-system" is actually functioning along design guidelines. Whatcha think? 

tiafcy

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,744 battles

As most if not all have turned pink at one time or another, usually for more accidental than intentional reasons, the player pays their penance of being pink for 5 or so battles and then all is well. If a player gets the point of turning orange, the response should be a 1 week ban. Upon return you are locked to tier 3 and below for 1 week. If you turn orange again, 30 day ban and locked to tier 1 for 2 weeks. If you turn it again, permanent ban. An easier and more effective solution that doesn't make a game mode of which a portion of the player base prefers to play a penal mode of game play.

I know I prefer Co-op because matches are quick and my spotty internet doesn't make me a liability to my team mates in Randoms. If this does get implemented, then I suspect a number of paying customers are likely to stop playing because rule abiding players in Co-op never volunteered to be a part of the penal rehabilitation division. It's not like there is a shortage of games to play on the internet.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,919 posts
15,675 battles
1 hour ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

As most if not all have turned pink at one time or another, usually for more accidental than intentional reasons, the player pays their penance of being pink for 5 or so battles and then all is well. If a player gets the point of turning orange, the response should be a 1 week ban. Upon return you are locked to tier 3 and below for 1 week. If you turn orange again, 30 day ban and locked to tier 1 for 2 weeks. If you turn it again, permanent ban

All this type of nonsensical foolishness is going to accomplish is to lower the player population even further; penalizing players for not being "active" enough? Noobs and campers beware, WoW is coming after you!

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
294 posts
4,532 battles
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

All this type of nonsensical foolishness is going to accomplish is to lower the player population even further; penalizing players for not being "active" enough? Noobs and campers beware, WoW is coming after you!

Plus the punishment if your client/machine crashes and you can’t get back in.  That’s just absolutely insane considering how unstable the client has been after some patches.

Members
1,802 posts
5,702 battles

We do not play games to be punished. I have been pink for making a mistake of judgment. and except that. but to have a criminal code is going to cause problems. This is over the top. Are we going to have wow's secret police next????

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,594 posts
10,056 battles
1 minute ago, Raven114 said:

We do not play games to be punished. I have been pink for making a mistake of judgment. and except that. but to have a criminal code is going to cause problems. This is over the top. Are we going to have wow's secret police next????

Something I have suspected for a long time:

The TK system is part of the game.  Even if you are EXTREMELY careful, and only use guns, the system will still get you.

Some day when a friendly is just a little too close, a shot of yours will stretch the imagination of dispersion and detonate this friendly.

I am concluding that this game is intentionally making everyone pink.

It's no longer punishment for those 1 out of 2000 abusive members..  It's now part of the entertainment.  And it's here to keep everyone emotionally invested.

So don't take it too hard.  My last three times were totally bizarre.  And I've also been wiped out by friendlies...  Wow!  Wish we could kill off the Reds that easy.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,284 posts

So what will they do when a player AFK's in the "penalty box"? Add to the sentence, increase the penalty, or both? I just had tier X coop where a Montana player said (to the effect) our team's mostly bots... blah blah... too many ships to fight. 

First I'm like, what? I replied "bots find the targets". He didn't like the scenario, so he drove his Montana behind and island and left the game. A tier X Montana player, playing in coop - no he wasn't pink - and he didn't like having bots on his team? So he' goes AFK after parking? 

Sad state of affairs. :cap_cool:

Sign in to follow this