You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ihitu

Clan Wars need Territory Control Map

Should Clan Wars have a Territory Control Map  

27 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should Clan Wars have a Territory Control Map

• Clan Wars with Territory Control Map (shows what guilds control what areas of ocean/sea)
    • Clan Wars the way it currently is (no map, only leaderboard)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2018 at 04:28 PM

10 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Alpha Tester
144 posts
3,708 battles

I am just curious why WG hasn't implemented the global map showing territory control (for areas of the oceans) for World of Warships like it has done for World of Tanks.  I think having a territory control map would make Clan Wars much more interesting and draw people back to Clan Wars.  I think the current system lacks the political intrigue, the cooperation, and the clan pride that having controlled territory brings.  This game has been out for years now; not enough time or not having enough ships is no longer an excuse WG can use.

[O_O]
Members
781 posts
4,726 battles

I'm not a member of a group which participates in Clan Battles.  Nor do I or have I ever played World of Tanks.  Caveat complete.

Right now the system is not at all similar to WoT, and that's by design.  I get the feeling that there is a reasonable amount of Player support for CB eventually becoming similar to CW, and I think it'd be pretty neat too if I'm being completely honest.

That said, the Developers wanted to get something out relatively soon after the release of the WoWS clan system.  Given that there wasn't word-one about it in the reports from the recent CC Summit, a full geography and economy-based Wars system is probably quite a ways off still.  Like one or two years away - if at all - is my guess.

While that may certainly seem like a long time, I'd much rather the Devs take their time and do it right.  There are several very valid reasons why a copy & paste of Clan Wars would be a very bad thing for WoWS and I think they owe it to their product to be absolutely meticulous in what is eventually released.

Just my halfpenny's worth. 

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
True Fact #2398: Wearing a backpack is now legally considered marsupial cosplay.
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,146 posts
8,762 battles

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the map in WoT clan wars all about gold?

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

NO! WoT Clan battles ruin the game with toxic crap.  It was not fun.  If you think Clan battles here with set times was causing issues.

Here the biggest advantage to having a leaderboard.  You don't need to have alliances.  It can turn ugly really fast.

• Cool 3

[ICOP]
Members
780 posts
3,090 battles

1 hour ago, Ihitu said:

I am just curious why WG hasn't implemented the global map showing territory control (for areas of the oceans) for World of Warships like it has done for World of Tanks.  I think having a territory control map would make Clan Wars much more interesting and draw people back to Clan Wars.  I think the current system lacks the political intrigue, the cooperation, and the clan pride that having controlled territory brings.  This game has been out for years now; not enough time or not having enough ships is no longer an excuse WG can use.

Civ VI.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
2 hours ago, Ihitu said:

First of all, WoWS doesn't have Clan Wars at this time.  It has Clan Battles!  But, yes, what you're asking for would be "Clan Wars" similar to that in WoT.

You say that "the current system lacks the political intrigue, the cooperation, and the clan pride that having controlled territory brings".  Personally, I think that those are things the game can do without, thank you very much.  I think that those things create far more negativity and toxicity than they're worth.  And all that the WoT CW's system does is reward unicums for being no lifers with gold.  Sorry, but I don't think that that's a good thing, just as I don't think that handing out exclusive reward ships in WoWS is a good thing.  I think that the game would be much better served by moving as far away from this sort of elitism as possible.  And just rewarding player loyalty, regardless of talent level, rather than player elitism.

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts
2 hours ago, Ihitu said:

This isn't WOT, it will never be WOT.

It doesn't have the player base. And the player base we do have is massively casual.

Why do you think there is such a small window for Clan battles?

What competitive game have you ever played that has virtually no discussion about the competitive side of the game?

What competitive game have you ever played that has hardly any fan sites?

This will never be a competitive game, it has mass turnover, and most gamers aren't going to play a game that is this slow moving, and so full of RNG.

Spoiler

ftz5rQP.gif

[SIDE]
Beta Testers
111 posts
11 hours ago, Ihitu said:

The first fix to Clan Wars should be is to make it Fog Of War.  To me it feels like Tier 6 Strongholds in several ways.

* it's 7 vs. 7

* both teams are visible to each other at start and during the battle

* WoT has the ELO, WoWS has a similar system ( Storm, Typhoon, Hurricane, etc)

* no region or territory is at stake 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
1 hour ago, Zeuxis said:

The first fix to Clan Wars should be is to make it Fog Of War.  To me it feels like Tier 6 Strongholds in several ways.

* it's 7 vs. 7

* both teams are visible to each other at start and during the battle

* WoT has the ELO, WoWS has a similar system ( Storm, Typhoon, Hurricane, etc)

* no region or territory is at stake 

I have no problem with Fog of War, i.e. (for people who might not be aware) not showing the other team's order of battle, ships or even player names.  I personally like that you'd have to actually spot the enemy to see what ships they have and who their players are.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,031 battles

If you are suggesting the same global map as in WoT under WoT's clan war criteria, then NO THX.

Was in a small clan in WoT years back, held entire mid east and Egypt. Then WG changed clan war rules and made clasn with numerically higher numbers absolute superiority. So the reddit subclans just banded together threw literally hundreds of players at us. Basically grinded us down, no skill involved, literally attrition. Reddit subclans just threw themselves, litereally, at us trading 10 to 1 even (because once tank's destroyed they can't be used agian in 24 hours). So with dozens of subclans each with 100 members, our holdings were taken 1 by 1 slowly.

No thanks to that kind of Clan Wars. Middle fingers to NARWAL and RDDT# clans.

Edited by NeutralState