Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Balanced matchmaker, new damage counters, etc.

4 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles

Balanced matchmaker - appears to function correctly. However, I am not sure we will get a proper test of its impact on the game until it goes live. There simply aren't enough people on the PTS to make a full game of 12 per side at the times I play. This led to one very interesting 2 vs 2 match on epicenter, though I have to say I enjoyed that one.

New damage counters - spotting and potential - appear to work well, and I will be looking forward to their inclusion in the live game.

I have experienced an interesting glitch on both the current live and the PTS servers in which the means of a ship's death are misidentified (e.g. killed by bomb, when the weapon was actually a torpedo; the particular ship responsible was correctly identified, however). 

There is another glitch on both servers in which the game defaults to the port at the end without the results screen showing. I have only seen this in the last couple of weeks, never in patch 0.7.2 or previously.

I would appreciate it if all other ship tiers apart from I, VII, VIII could be unlocked and have the cheap updates, even if we do not have them in port and have to buy them with PTS credits.

[FOG]
Members
270 posts
4,562 battles

Interesting that you comment about "misidentification" of kills....I recently had a CV sinking attributed to a torpedo from my Scharnhorst and I certainly wish I could have actually torped it, but, in this case, I never fired a torp at all at this target. (I did actually though sink it with guns...)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

Miss id of kills is something that has been happening for awhile not. The matchmaker 'fix' I am largely uninterested in, but the spotting/potential damage is very exciting.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The matchmaker 'fix' I am largely uninterested in

I'm merely reporting that it appears to be delivering what they say it will deliver.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is up for debate and will take a while to work out in live. I'm not in favour of it myself. Naval combat is not always fair or balanced - some days you are the Hipper, other days the Glowworm; sometimes you're Warspite at Narvik, other times you're Taffy 3 - and I think the existing matchmaking reflects this very well. Green crews in good ships are going to get ROFLstomped by well-trained crews in equal or worse ships (as happened to the USN repeatedly in the early part of the Pacific war). And so on.

Sign in to follow this