Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,753
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,342 posts
3,646 battles

So after a day to cool off from that last episode...

And after 12 co-op fights and 5 random's today(I got tired of co-op attempts)... the server finally reset, it being nearly 6am central now.

Is that the threshold now? Doing X amount of effort and then waiting until reset?

No longer pink but still very frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

I got 15 mission pinked in Space Battles.

Errant torp hit a friendly and didn't even sink anyone.

Was originally a warning, but became TK status due to flooding.

I mean, if I was shooting someone and kept shooting them after the warning...  I could understand.

But if an errant hit sets a friendly on fire or starts flooding, the penalty system acts like you are continuing to aggressively shoot at someone -- when you are totally out of control.

....

Took me three days, but ended it in the pink ARP Hiei...   Then I got a survey...  Hahahahahahahahahaha

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[VFW]
Members
900 posts
20,661 battles

Over 17 matches to rid yourself of PINK....can't say for sure but you were a Bad Boy.  LOL

On the more serious, I don't think that the server needs a refresh to get rid of the Pink once you've met the threshold.

vr,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,767 battles
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I got 15 mission pinked in Space Battles.

Errant torp hit a friendly and didn't even sink anyone.

Was originally a warning, but became TK status due to flooding.

I mean, if I was shooting someone and kept shooting them after the warning...  I could understand.

But if an errant hit sets a friendly on fire or starts flooding, the penalty system acts like you are continuing to aggressively shoot at someone -- when you are totally out of control.

....

Took me three days, but ended it in the pink ARP Hiei...   Then I got a survey...  Hahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah I think they changed it from "sinking a friendly" to "doing a certain percentage of damage to friendlies" so you can get the pinkness from just damaging a team mate now. It is a fairly recent change (last year anyways) but I found out thru bapping a bot in Co-op with a shell hit that caused a fire. Course served him right, he stopped in close proximity to the enemy bot and the dispersion on the Mikesa is crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,753
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,342 posts
3,646 battles

Mind ya'll I aint debating the HOW to get pink... wondering why it took so damn long in co-op.

Or if it flat-out won't do it until you play games until the server resets. If that was the case my day off was useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

My method of getting rid of being Pink is Scenerio Battles because in Scenerio there is no chance of accidently getting bumped into or something and getting the pink sentence extended.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,753
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,342 posts
3,646 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My method of getting rid of being Pink is Scenerio Battles because in Scenerio there is no chance of accidently getting bumped into or something and getting the pink sentence extended.

Oooooh. That's interesting. I reckon there's craploads of damage output as well. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,767 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My method of getting rid of being Pink is Scenerio Battles because in Scenerio there is no chance of accidently getting bumped into or something and getting the pink sentence extended.

Yeah this is probably the best answer on how to deal with being pink. Totally forgot that team damage was turned off there. Great advise Thrawn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles
41 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I think they changed it from "sinking a friendly" to "doing a certain percentage of damage to friendlies" so you can get the pinkness from just damaging a team mate now. It is a fairly recent change (last year anyways) but I found out thru bapping a bot in Co-op with a shell hit that caused a fire. Course served him right, he stopped in close proximity to the enemy bot and the dispersion on the Mikesa is crap.

Oh..  So you got PINK status in CO-OP..   Now you are restricted to RANDOM to work that off...   lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles
21 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My method of getting rid of being Pink is Scenerio Battles because in Scenerio there is no chance of accidently getting bumped into or something and getting the pink sentence extended.

In the future, you won't be allowed into Scenario for TK damage...   Kind of a self-defeating attitude if you ask me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

In the future, you won't be allowed into Scenario for TK damage...   Kind of a self-defeating attitude if you ask me...

Actually you might be able to, you go pink first which will be like it is now, then further crimes can push you into the restricted orange zone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually you might be able to, you go pink first which will be like it is now, then further crimes can push you into the restricted orange zone.

Further crimes being...  if you started fire or flooding...  Happens that quick.  You'll be damned to Co-Op in a few seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
14 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Further crimes being...  if you started fire or flooding...  Happens that quick.  You'll be damned to Co-Op in a few seconds.

More likely if you kill a few players after being pink. Unfortunately some players enjoy that sort of thing and are the targets of this new penalty system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,195
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

More likely if you kill a few players after being pink. Unfortunately some players enjoy that sort of thing and are the targets of this new penalty system.

Currently, reflected damage prevents that.  As a matter of fact, the 'Pinking' mechanic prevents them from hurting others - other than depriving the team of a useful player.

The only way to hurt others is to have already started fire/flooding when the pink status has occurred.

The status change does not stop the fire/flooding so your TK damage will continue to increase and automatically escalate the TK system to higher levels of punishment.

FIX:  Stop fire/flooding at the point of each warning.  Or better yet, cancel TK fire/flooding entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
19 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Or better yet, cancel TK fire/flooding entirely.

I agree - the penalty should be for the initial hit only; this will prevent trolls from Pinking or sinking you by refusing to fix repairable damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
286 posts
9,603 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I agree - the penalty should be for the initial hit only; this will prevent trolls from Pinking or sinking you by refusing to fix repairable damage.

Ok, so how do you know they are refusing to fix the damage, and haven't already used their repair? I was team killed a few days ago by a gent in his dd. Hit me with five torps when I was knife fighting a bb at the end of the match in my Lyon. Then accused me of not repairing when I had just put out two fires from secondary hits. His fault for launching torps like that but he curses at me in chat calling me a noob and whatnot. Sorry, but if you act irresponsibly you deal with the repercussions of your actions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
14 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Ok, so how do you know they are refusing to fix the damage, and haven't already used their repair?

My point was that by only counting the initial hit, it would become a complete non-issue. I would like to see WG try it this way, if only in PTS or the duration of one update, to see how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,453 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I agree - the penalty should be for the initial hit only; this will prevent trolls from Pinking or sinking you by refusing to fix repairable damage.

Totally agree on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,036
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,159 posts
8,772 battles

Getting rid of pink is damage related now so just play while avoiding friendly damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
286 posts
9,603 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My point was that by only counting the initial hit, it would become a complete non-issue. I would like to see WG try it this way, if only in PTS or the duration of one update, to see how it goes. 

While I understand your point, if the team player was torpedoed or set on fire, then he continues to burn or sink losing hit points. He then cannot play the match as intended because he was seriously injured while the offending player only gets a smaller penalty in return. To be honest this looks to be something, if implemented, that will be abused quite liberally. Torp another player who then floods for half his hit points while you are only penalized for the initial torp damage?

Again, respectfully, I disagree unless you are arguing that if you damage another player, that player cannot sustain flooding or fire damage. Then I could at least see your point. 

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[BO4TS]
Members
2 posts
2,700 battles

I'm pink and I have no idea why ... haven't been shooting at my friends ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
[ARGSY]
Members
5,781 posts
3,942 battles
25 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Again, respectfully, I disagree unless you are arguing that if you damage another player, that player cannot sustain flooding or fire damage. Then I could at least see your point. 

To disable firestarting or flooding from team damage would be quite a major change to the dynamic, but I don't see it as being impossible. A simple IF-THEN statement should work nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,224 posts

Remember, COOP players, rub a pinkies and orangies for good luck at the start of the match!  What a stupid way to go - instead of adjusting MM to put pinkies and orangies in a special PvP queue they are dumping them on COOP players.  We gotta protest one way or another...  WG isn't listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×