You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

CVs who do not spot are the worse players.

122 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

Let's face it, even if you suck, you can still spot for your team. But, so many will not even put out their plans in a spread out formation to see where the enemy is. To help their DDs trying to cap. This simple task does not take a highly skilled player. I had one CV player tell me my fighters are to protect my planes and that is it. If it was not for the pink slap, I would of sunk him and asked him how they helped with that.  Priority 1 CVs spot the caps. Your team cannot hit what they cannot see. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,025 battles

That CV sounds like a DD I played with the other day that said DD's job are not to spot or take caps.

• Cool 2

Members
6,622 posts
25,255 battles

A mark of a bad CV player is when they start circling their planes in a merry-go-round till they are formed, instead of sending at least a lone squadron up ahead to scout.

Good CV players at the very beginning see where their DDs are heading to, and send a scout ahead to get eyes on the caps for them.

A bad CV player, after forming the planes and not scouting, sends them to the border the long-way around, to try to snipe the red CV. Smart and innovative move, one that no one else has thought of - and tried - before. They don't realize that lighting up an early capping DD, or damaging a cruiser/BB is more important at first.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 4

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

A mark of a bad CV player is when they start circling their planes in a merry-go-round till they are formed, instead of sending a least a lone squadron up ahead to scout.

Good CV players at the very beginning see where their DDs are heading to, and send a scout ahead to get eyes on the caps for them.

A bad CV player, after forming the planes and not scouting, sends them to the border the long-way around, to try to snipe the red CV. Smart and innovative move, one that no one else has thought of - and tried - before. They don't realize that lighting up an early capping DD, or damaging a cruiser/BB is more important at first.

yes, first move I do is send my fighter to middle, then I will send my torp to another cap/side and bombers to the other cap/side. form the plane groups close to the front.  So many CV get knocked off by Dds going dome the sides. Another thing I have noticed is CV getting killed earl;y because of bad position or they did not even move. Sad, wish there was a do not want a CV on my team botton. 

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,326 posts
3,646 battles

No.... CV's that don't use co-op to learn CVs and also to grind their current tier CV until everything is upgraded are the worst.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

Yeah the first thing I do in a CV match even back when new to the game is deploy fighters to get out and scout / spot for the team. Then while that is happening I get my Bombers in the air and organized how I want them. Now may not be able to spot 100% of enemy ships depending on what is happening, but my teams do get more than enough to start hitting enemy hard.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

If you cover two of the three caps with fighters or even a strike squad on the beginning of the game you have earned my compliment almost 100% of the time. Best case scenario you spot someone, who then goes under fire or wastes a smoke, worst case the cap is clean and the team can push that flank. 

• Cool 2

[HAG]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,070 battles

I don't play CV often, but I always send my planes out to scout at the start of battles. Once the DD capping action is over then my fighters are to protect my planes and intercept the enemy's bombers, I try to play a support role as I am not very good at the strafing thing.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
35 minutes ago, CaptKornNutz said:

That CV sounds like a DD I played with the other day that said DD's job are not to spot or take caps.

To be fair some Torp DDs are not good at taking contrasted caps, but even then there is still no reason for those not to spot thanks to their high stealth.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
25 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I cannot get the manual drop down good enough to play and you know what? I do not play CVs with the manual drop ability. So, I play Cvs up to that level to get some mission done, but spotting is a priority and I always brush up in Co-op. 

• Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

When playing my Benson I have no problem contesting a cap but when there is another Benson behind the first and I could of known that with a simple spot, it is the problem. 

Edited by Buzzardsluck

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
43 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

No.... CV's that don't use co-op to learn CVs and also to grind their current tier CV until everything is upgraded are the worst.

I am not sorry for this. I bring wins to people in my other ships.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,326 posts
3,646 battles
7 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I am not sorry for this. I bring wins to people in my other ships.

So you're intentionally wanting to screw yourself over. RIght. Good luck with that attitude and how that works for ya.

• Boring 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Let's face it, even if you suck, you can still spot for your team. But, so many will not even put out their plans in a spread out formation to see where the enemy is. To help their DDs trying to cap. This simple task does not take a highly skilled player. I had one CV player tell me my fighters are to protect my planes and that is it. If it was not for the pink slap, I would of sunk him and asked him how they helped with that.  Priority 1 CVs spot the caps. Your team cannot hit what they cannot see. 

Preach brother. preach.....can I get an amen from the congregation. I had a CV who refused to spot, my division was tentatively pushing a cap and ran smack dab into eight ships. We were able to turn out and conduct a fighting withdraw but lost most of our health in the process. We were not a factor for the rest of the fight because of our health situation.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

not all CV do that but do you know why that happens and the reason why some CV use their fighters to cover there strike force?

[USCC2]
Members
3,420 posts

Not aimed specifically at the OP, but it seems everybody wants someone else to play the game the way they want!

Whether it meets with the needs of the many or just me, I play for my enjoyment; if I fail to meet your high standards of expectation then  leave me a bad karma point, better still, stop complaining about how other people play in a particular type ship and play it yourself.

Otherwise except this game is played by many people who have their own way of playing. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,420 posts
2 hours ago, CaptKornNutz said:

A cap is a 'Team' objective - therefore it is everyone's job to take caps.

In my DD I do not spot for my team, I concentrate on playing my game and surviving - inevitably that will often mean I am out front and do spot, but I am damned if I'm going to wait for my larger brethren to set up in a nice safe area in order to take full advantage of me venturing forth with my low HP and pew pew guns to spot for them. Let's be honest, if you are supporting the DDs then it is a natural outcome that they will be spotting for you.

In my CAs I try to support the DDs and benefit from their scouting and early torp warning. I try to kill the enemy DDs quickly, and support my BB with fire.

In my BBs I follow my DDs and CAs and push where they are pushing; I benefit from both torp and plane protection, if I'm unlucky and get hit, I have a torpedo armour belt and heals.

In regards to the OPs CV angle. Everyone wants the CV to be where they think they need to be - let the person who has chosen to play the CV decide where they feel they are best suited to send their aircraft. By all means, ask for support, but try to take note of all the other players who also ask the CV to do what they want - it's not easy to please everyone.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
2 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Priority 1 CVs spot the caps. Your team cannot hit what they cannot see. 

got to enjoy when a non CV player tells CV players how they should play. so how do you spot the caps when there's no CV in the match do planes fly out from somewhere and spot for you? DB and TB are strike planes not spotters a CV player that uses them to spot at the start is a bonus for that team but by no means they have to use them to spot. That's what fighter planes are for to spot and give AA cover and sorry to burst everyone's bubble here but depending on what CV is being played depends on how much they can spot, if there fighters are busy dealing with other CV strike force why should they give up doing dmg and getting exp to come spot for you because your on the other side off the map and get nothing for it?

• Funny 1

[--V--]
Members
481 posts
10,609 battles
3 hours ago, CaptKornNutz said:

I had 3 DDs in a match like that a couple of weeks ago.  All in a division, 2 were on west side of match, they all 'assembled' on the far eastern border and proceeded to head south.  Did absolutely NOTHING for our team.  They were sunk pretty quickly and we lost of course.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

The worst CVs are the CVs that don't don't keep all 12 reds spotted until they muster up the desire to hit them with incredibly easy to pull off 100% unavoidable devastating strikes, while strafing down every plane in the sky with their unlimited ammo and omnipresence.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,969 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Otherwise except this game is played by many people who have their own way of playing. :Smile_honoring:

There are better ways to play than others, another concept that should also be accepted and learned from.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles

Hilariously, when I hover fighters over enemy destroyers, my teammates take it as a sign to ignore that ship entirely.

• Cool 4

[NG-NL]
Members
4,952 posts
8,094 battles

I spot as much as I can, but 10 fighters aren't too hardy and my TB/DB runs need to have viable targets. Coordinate where possible, but usually stuck trying to guess who to hit. A good CV like the Essex guy yesterday can slow or stop my attacks well.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

An Aircraft Carrier can do nearly anything and everything. Problem is that no one does that. My tactics are below. I also almost always critique almost all CV Players I encounter. Whether they take my advise or not, that is up to them.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Hilariously, when I hover fighters over enemy destroyers, my teammates take it as a sign to ignore that ship entirely.

Ya, had a game yesterday where a destroyer that was around 10km from the fleet with 200 health left shot down 3 of my fighters, I was spotting for so long. Fortunately that destroyer only sank one friendly with the torpedos that were instantly spotted.

Edited by cometguy