You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

Your "Cursed" ship....

90 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

There are many ships in this game, but everyone has this ship. This one "cursed" ship, no matter how much damage you do, no matter how many enemy players you kill, no matter how many caps you cap ... you just can't win. You always pull your weight and top the scoreboard, but between bad luck and useless team mates - you simply can't win with this ship.

Which ship is cursed for YOU personally?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,069 posts
8,720 battles

Mutsuki was pretty cursed for me, not only could enemy spot the Torps but the Torp pattern on the launchers was bad. Even on the tight cone felt as if they had had extra launch tubes at one point and instead of removing outer tubes they simply took a random tube out of middle of launchers some place leaving gaping holes for evennsluggish BBs to pass through. And the guns being only 2 sluggish single barrel guns, ugh bad memories lol. And yet some how managed to get through the stock grind and grind all the way to Fubuki and get 45% WR in the ship.

Katori is the worst cursed ship I have, flat 0% WR lol

[SIDE]
Members
1,200 posts
8,657 battles

I have two: Belfast and Shinonome. Actually, I just plain suck in both. Poor win rate, dmg, you name it. Not really what you're looking for really, as you mention being able to perform well but lacking wins.

It's quite funny though, as everyone thinks the Belfast is amazing. I am a cruiser main, and do decently well in most...but that Belfast, just plain bad.

Edit: to actually answer your question. Apparently it's ARP Ashigara. 15% wr, around 50k avg dmg on a T7 cruiser.

Edited by _Rumple_

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,277 posts
7,099 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

There are many ships in this game, but everyone has this ship. This one "cursed" ship, no matter how much damage you do, no matter how many enemy players you kill, no matter how many caps you cap ... you just can't win. You always pull your weight and top the scoreboard, but between bad luck and useless team mates - you simply can't win with this ship.

Which ship is cursed for YOU personally?

Roma for me. This ship is excellent (needs FASTER RELOAD hint). I get 100k games all the time in this yet my teams melt away and I am alwys the last standing. And, no, I don't snipe afar (with that range?), I still kick it, but still lose because, well,  potatoes.

Roma is an exciting ship to play. Give it Tirp reload time and the ship is good. Until then, CURSED.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,025 battles

Musashi and Yamato above server average in all categories except win rate 35% and 40% just can never seem to pull out the wins with them

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,189 battles

Kidd. I am a DD main, but cannot make Kidd work.

Musashi/Yamato. No matter what I do, or damage, can't win.

Members
321 posts
307 battles

Those days Jiangwei... computer crashes, running onto entier enemy team when capping, eating a torp coming from nowhere...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,299 posts
10,095 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

I have two: Belfast and Shinonome. Actually, I just plain suck in both. Poor win rate, dmg, you name it. Not really what you're looking for really, as you mention being able to perform well but lacking wins.

It's quite funny though, as everyone thinks the Belfast is amazing. I am a cruiser main, and do decently well in most...but that Belfast, just plain bad.

Edit: to actually answer your question. Apparently it's ARP Ashigara. 15% wr, around 50k avg dmg on a T7 cruiser.

Belfast for me as well. I truly don't get the OP claims on it??? Have it and Kutuzov and one of them can be called OP I guess but Belfast isn't it. LOL

Can not really make it work (which as you say isn't what OP asked but it is as close as I can come to answer him). I love BRN CL's and do well in them even in losses but Belfast is an enigma to me. Usually end up mid pack or lower with poor damage. I have a better high score by a lot, a matching WR%, and a better survival rate vs Belfast in Emerald!!!

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles

Enterprise... I may not be a great CV player, but of all CVs I have played since 1 year ago, this one has by far my worst WR at only 52%, my only CV below server average for that CV. Some battles I earn good spotting, do good damage, and clear sky (or almost do) the enemy CV but still lose.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,053 battles

For me it's the Takao. I'm using my concealment to help take zones and launch sneaky torpedo attacks, provide close support for friendly DDs, and I deal a decent amount of damage per battle. But I'm sitting at a 33% WR which is pretty discouraging.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,805 battles

American BB line... German Tier 6 and 7 BB... I generally hit what I'm aiming at for bounces, over pens and shatters... WR suffers as a result. If you see me on your team in a BB, I sincerely apologize in advance.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

For me it is the Hood, 36% W/R. My 1st 13 games in the Hood I went 0-13 (Everybody on both teams was trying to kill me). Since then I have been above 50%, but that hole is hard to climb out of. 

Love the ship. She is fast, surprisingly agile and the guns have great angles. She a great "flank" ship. If things go south and the flank starts to collapse she can come about quickly and kite away from anything.Pursuing cruisers get frustrated firing their forward guns.... and try to swing out to get off a full broadside. When they do Hood sends them to the bottom.

The W/R is a work in progress.

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,294 battles

Hands down it's the Colorado for me . Accurate , hard hitting guns , good damage . Survive , nope . Win ? Forget it .

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles

I've got a few that were quick grinds that ended up under 50% because of the low number of games played in them and luck of the draw teams, but the two most frustrating ones for me are the Mogami and Iowa.  44% WR/79k avg damage in the Mogami, 48%WR/99k avg damage in the Iowa.  Feelsgood.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
282 posts
9,059 battles

Monarch and queen E

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
291 posts
7,355 battles

Mine was the Lion, no matter how much damage I did or how hard I tried we still lost. Used flags/camo to get past the ship. 

On a side not got and bought 3 new tier 10s. One being the Conqeror.  

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles

Queen Elizabeth. Not sure why, but I really enjoy playing the Warspite and always seem to do quite well in it. But the QE is drudgery for me. I sure hope the King George 5 is a lot better. Heck, after the Iron Duke, the QE feels like a major downgrade. :Smile_sad:

Members
630 posts
697 battles

Warspite, I line up shorts perfectly and watch as they miss or do very little pen damage. one time I aimed a the waterline of a Tirpitz 10km away and watched every shell splash the water :(

[BUOY]
Members
133 posts
7,649 battles

Another cursed Yamato here. Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate with 2 DD kills and a solo cap? Loss on points because our 5 DD's all died in the first 5 minutes to 1 of theirs.

T9 MM in the Musashi has been a lot more fun since I seem to get the benefit of the carry, where red DD's / CA's are more likely to try their luck than play the objective / go after softer targets.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,645 posts
9,957 battles

Hood, though I suspect it's because she's a low-impact damage farmer.

[REVY]
Members
6,008 posts
5,102 battles

The KGV.  Averaging 80k damage doesn't mean jack to winning a match.

0tCRKtG.jpg

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,950 battles

The Scharnhorst. 

I do okay in it damage-wise, XP earned, etc, but I just can't win in it..

But all the losses are fun ones. Thats a consolation I guess. 

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

I fell like i get 'cursed' in all new bb lines... now the curse is in my T8 french bb :/ good matches but in the end lose.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles
53 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Warspite, I line up shorts perfectly and watch as they miss or do very little pen damage. one time I aimed a the waterline of a Tirpitz 10km away and watched every shell splash the water :(

This is what happens to me with the Cesare.  Objectively it's an extremely strong ship, but I have not been able to be consistent with it.  It blows my mind.

Edited by Deviathan