You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Current meta on other servers (for those of you who have some experience on other servers?)

15 comments in this topic

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

I know a couple of threads like this have been made in the past, but I'd like to know what gameplay is currently like on some of the other servers such as EU, SEA, RU, and Chinese. I've never actually played on the Chinese server despite being mainland Chinese in background and fully fluent in the language. From what I've read in the past, EU is even more campy than NA with many matches ending and no significant losses inflicted by either side (winning by points alone), RU is extremely aggressive and tends to ignore caps in Domination, SEA is really hard to pinpoint a specific trend in playstyle and CN is one big mess. I'd like to give some of the other servers a try, though NA will be my main server (any IP blocks for NA?). I'm sure all of us are familiar with the camping meta here at NA, but for those of you who've experienced the other serves, what's the same and what's different (as of now)?

P.S. When will US cruiser split be released?

Members
87 posts
402 battles

SEA is very campy and very tactical. Any aggression without thought will get you killed very quick. Can't push like you do on the NA server. 

Every CV player in SEA is super unicum. I am currently a 70%+ win rate in IJN CVs on NA, but in SEA I am a 35%-40% win rate CV player. Night and day. 

Generally, the quality of play on SEA is higher than NA - players are generally more tactically aware, and are therefore harder to kill. NA always felt like a target-rich environment. You will almost NEVER find a broadsiding cruiser on SEA, unlike what I have seen on NA. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 hour ago, Trollphoon said:

SEA is very campy and very tactical. Any aggression without thought will get you killed very quick. Can't push like you do on the NA server. 

Every CV player in SEA is super unicum. I am currently a 70%+ win rate in IJN CVs on NA, but in SEA I am a 35%-40% win rate CV player. Night and day. 

Generally, the quality of play on SEA is higher than NA - players are generally more tactically aware, and are therefore harder to kill. NA always felt like a target-rich environment. You will almost NEVER find a broadsiding cruiser on SEA, unlike what I have seen on NA. 

Yeah Asian players are very smart and it’s in their culture to work together, have played WOT Blitz in Asia some and it was slightly laggy as US player but not bad. Anyway it was amazing to see how well they worked together on that server.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,025 battles

I watched Dort when he played on the Chinese server when they had tier 10 ranked and those games looked like a snooze fest really hope this does not happen on NA

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
394 posts
6,164 battles

SEA server is very hard to play in since there are a lot of unicums and Highly tactical people... Also cursing is much more frequent and harsher than NA since SEA players consist 95% of asians which are very obsessed for winning and like to maintain there stats by any means necessary. Which leads to high Toxicity between each other. You literally get insulted for the smallest of mistakes. If its ranked its even worse.

Ps. No offence to any Asian players here and there. Its just I know this from experience.

As for the cruiser split, probably in patch 0.7.5

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

I am technically an Asian player (though I've not played on any of the Asian servers) and from what I've read in a previous post, SEA players do quite a bit of pre-battle planning. This is something I've seen in like 2% of my games on NA.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles

Does PTS count? I played there early this morning NA time. Everybody was typing in a language that I presume was Russian.

But I didn't need to know the words to know they were [edited] me out for capping the enemy's base instead of chasing their battleships into the corner of the map as a bottom tier cruiser. Took top points in the match (even though the cap didn't finish -- they chased down the last enemy ship), but it left me wondering if servers also have different expectations about capping vs. fighting.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,254 posts
24,681 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Does PTS count? I played there early this morning NA time. Everybody was typing in a language that I presume was Russian.

I thought there was only 1 PT server and that it was 'Russian' since most of the playerbase is Russian.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
34 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I thought there was only 1 PT server and that it was 'Russian' since most of the playerbase is Russian.

I believe the PTS is shared across all regions, yes. Still, such a small and selective group of players from each region end up there that it's hard to say anything about a server meta just from the handful of players you encounter there. It did make me wonder, though.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
11 hours ago, Trollphoon said:

I've always said the CV interface is very Starcraft-ish...

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles

I don't put too much stock in other servers being better or worse.  Great example was the fabled, mystical "Brawling Russian Server."  Supposedly RU Server has this great gameplay reputation that people bring up to try to trash NA Server players.

Yet when I watched a number of Flamu videos when he made his RU Server account and played for a while there, I saw nothing different.

- Players were still wanting to preserve their ship above all else.

- You see aggressive, timid playstyles.

- I never saw the magical "Russian Deathball" of ships as a thing, really, they were dispersed or concentrated just as much as we do here.

The only thing that may really change are preferred ships chosen.  Asia Server may choose IJN ships more, NA prefers USN ships.  But any server will gravitate to what are deemed effective ships and shy away from garbage ones.  Asia Server plays quite a bit of Enterprise, Saipan.  Asia Server plays quite a lot of Alabama and far less of Kii, and have totally shied away from Ashitaka (this ship absolutely bombed as a premium).  No amount of national flag waving gets people to buy bad ships in good numbers.

[KP]
Members
1,994 posts
18,368 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't put too much stock in other servers being better or worse.  Great example was the fabled, mystical "Brawling Russian Server."  Supposedly RU Server has this great gameplay reputation that people bring up to try to trash NA Server players.

Yet when I watched a number of Flamu videos when he made his RU Server account and played for a while there, I saw nothing different.

- Players were still wanting to preserve their ship above all else.

- You see aggressive, timid playstyles.

- I never saw the magical "Russian Deathball" of ships as a thing, really, they were dispersed or concentrated just as much as we do here.

The only thing that may really change are preferred ships chosen.  Asia Server may choose IJN ships more, NA prefers USN ships.  But any server will gravitate to what are deemed effective ships and shy away from garbage ones.  Asia Server plays quite a bit of Enterprise, Saipan.  Asia Server plays quite a lot of Alabama and far less of Kii, and have totally shied away from aSHITaka (this ship absolutely bombed as a premium).  No amount of national flag waving gets people to buy bad ships in good numbers.

there fixed that ;)

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
31 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

there fixed that ;)

You should see the Battles played for Ashitaka.  It's abysmally bad everywhere.  I don't recall a Premium ship flopping as hard before or since as bad as her.

Example:  In the last 2 weeks on NA server, these 2 Premiums looged these Battles Played:

Krispy Kreme 835 matches

Ashitaka 255 matches

Let that sink in! :Smile_hiding:

[KP]
Members
1,994 posts
18,368 battles
53 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You should see the Battles played for Ashitaka.  It's abysmally bad everywhere.  I don't recall a Premium ship flopping as hard before or since as bad as her.

Example:  In the last 2 weeks on NA server, these 2 Premiums looged these Battles Played:

Krispy Kreme 835 matches

Ashitaka 255 matches

Let that sink in! :Smile_hiding:

Yeah that's pretty bad aSHITaka is a uh well 255 match over 2 weeks Lemon. Most ships get pulled for being OP this one may never come back for obvious reasons.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

My experience on the EU server is that individually, NA players are better.  It's made irrelevant because the EU uses pack-tactics much better and focus well.  Teamwork > individual skill.