Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Superspas

I am not rewarded for playing the tank.

14 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

This is going to sound a bit whiny but its been a big frustration for me for awhile. I have 3 tier 10 battleships and I love all of them. I use them all as tanks for at least a portion of the game. Most of the time I survive get decent damage and win while doing so. There is one extreme and consistent exception... Kurfurst. I just finished a game with unsinkable, dreadnought, fireproof and 49k damage(extremely bad luck with what I could actually fire back against while still staying near enough to the caps to provide DD's with some safety) we won by a mile and most of my damage was done to DD's. I lost 89k credits and thats with the permanent camo and the 20% credits flag and 10% repair flag. I had over 3 million potential damage and over 134k actual damage taken. I got HE to high heaven and managed my repair and heal to a level I have never been able to in any other game in my almost 500 hours so far. I bounced so many montana and yamato shots that both of them mentioned it in the comments and also gave me compliments at the end of the game.

Yet my rewards are a complete joke. I LOST credits with one of the BEST setups for making(or atleast not losing) credits for this ship.

I hear "you should division up" and "its all about supporting your team" yet a division wouldnt of given me any better rewards and I was by far the most key element to the win of that game. Not my opinion, it was literally commented by the enemy AND my own team so, explain to me how this makes sense that I get bent over and given the fury of a thousand angry gods in the credits and exp tab... 

I will no longer play like this for my team. Even if things change and the rewards for tanking are increased it will be a long time before I over come the intense bitterness I have for what is actually a rather fun and challenging play style due to the level of rewards being an absolute insult to my participation and dedication to my teams victory.

If this doesn't change at all or atleast significantly, I will begin to not play ships that even participate in battles were taking damage is a part of their role in ANYWAY. Not because I don't enjoy the playstyle but because the german BB line has lost my so many credits in hard fought games that I have won that it simply is not something I can stomach the results of any longer.

So like I said, its a bit of a whiny post and I apologize if it seems like I am just ranting and having a self pitty party but this post is potentially a shared feeling about battleships and tanking(its definitely seen in game by my team mates) and I really think this needs to change before the games ship dynamics majorly shift and potentially never return to the intended and rather fun meta of battleship tanks. I think we are actually pretty close to it never returning in a meaningful way as is and having spent a rather large amount of money on this game already, that means I am already as of today massively reducing my monthly spend and attempting to reduce it to 0 in the long run. I kind of hope I am the only one who feels this way as I do like this game and even though I am currently beyond bitter(its kind of funny just how angry and bitter I am at this experience) I do hope this game does well and finds a dedicated and large audience. WW2 naval simulators are my biggest hobby and I struggle to think of one that I havent loved to death and played large amount of hours with. It would be awesome to see the genre get a major win with this game and hopefully inspire new iterations of itself and eventually even some competition.

thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I am not soft skinned so I don't mind some harsh feedback if you think its also helpful feedback.

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

TLDR: guy cries about getting punched in the face and not getting paid for it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
792 posts
2,810 battles

Another BB whining cause they didnt do their HP in damage and can't figure out why they didnt make credits. 

• Bad 4

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,286 battles

I totally agree with OPs sentiment. And it’s why you see so many completely ignoring the match objectives and simply focusing on damage. I see so many people completely ignoring spotted dds simply because they are not enough xp to merit the reload time. 

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 3

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

Yeah I totally get that point of view. Considering the situation I could of pulled out of that area and farmed some damage. It was just a case of that if I left the amount of cruisers ready to come in a knock out the already trapped DD's seemed like it would pretty much decisively lose us our momentum and potentially even the game. I really don't like making selfish decisions like that. Damage is fun to do and all but I really enjoy enabling my team mates to do work that would of otherwise  been hard for them to do or even cause them to have a really crappy game. So maybe my want to save other people is inherently flawed but its still disapointing that my want to help and use a skill set I think is very important to the games mechanics is so massively punished if I didn't also get the opportunity to farm damage. Maybe my opinion of how the games does or should work is wrong but I don't think so at this point. I think a game so heavily relient on survival and team work should reward players that put themselfs in a possition were they might not be able to have a relaxed and easy game to help others who are in a bad situation. I am not so annoyed that I didn't make "bulk fat stacks of ca$h" but to be substantially punished while running everything I could minus 1 rare flag to achieve profit is pretty rough and I don't think "do more damage pleb" really cuts it here. This is a massive oversight on the behalf of the game developers in my opinion and is not necessarily something that can be resolved by "get less unlucky with targets" or "play at j10 and have no repair cost win or lose". That is just not a helpful opinion for a team game and I hope its a rare one.

[TWFT2]
Members
9 posts
3,110 battles

Also I should mention that I am by no means a good player. Especially at tier 10, I came well under the general average skill of players. So its pretty tempting for me to sit back and work on my aim and play rather riskless games. Which would be a detriment to my skill growth in the long run. Making a mistake and rushing to deep will net me a lot of things in the "what not to do" category where as sitting back and ploping shots at distant and moving targets will give me currency rewards but teach me basically nothing about the game and how it works except for maybe how to land a shot on a target that I probably shouldn't be focusing on as my damage will just be repaired and not secure a kill or force the enemy to fall back.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,361 posts
3,646 battles

Edit: Nevermind.

Pics or it didn't happen.

That seems somewhat mathematically impossible.

Members
842 posts
6 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Edit: Nevermind.

Pics or it didn't happen.

That seems somewhat mathematically impossible.

No, OP's right.

Spotting and Potential Damage are not in any way rewarded as well as direct damage.  Not even close.  Despite the fact that both are at least as important to Good Gameplay.  Tanking 3m potential damage should be at least as well rewarded as doing 200k, but it's barely rewarded as well as 50k. 

Awful spotting rewards hurts DDs. Bad Potential Damage awards hurt BBs.  The hyper-focus on doing damage above all other things is why the game is having so many problems these days.

[DOG]
Members
381 posts
5,586 battles
9 hours ago, CanuckTheCanadianGoose said:

Another BB whining cause they didnt do their HP in damage and can't figure out why they didnt make credits. 

So, is that actually the point at which you start to get into positive territory with credits earned?  If you have a ship with, say, 40,000 HP, you have to do at least 40,000 HP in damage to the enemy to avoid earning negative credits?

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Hey, I really wish potential damage were rewarded more. It would make my job more pleasant.

Edited by RichelieuKaiNi

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

Tanking is not rewarded but a the same time - high tier games are made to be extremely difficult at making credits in order to help ensure lower tier games have players.  Mid-tier is largely for making credits for the majority of players - especially average players.  Making credits at high tier require extremely good game play.

[WSP]
Beta Testers
69 posts
2,747 battles

Beleive me, you are not the only one with these frustrations, the Streamer Flamu about a month back posted a vid to YouTube talking about that.

While the upcoming patch 7.4 is adding indicators for spotting and blocked damage, I didn't see any mention of changes to silver gain related to that. Though it is a step in the right direction I feel.

• Cool 1

Members
71 posts
4,049 battles

Why are people surprised that they're losing credits in Tier 10 games? They're not supposed to be profitable.

Sign in to follow this