Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dreadnaught_

5 "But Why?" Questions in WoWS

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles

This topic is about the status quo of certain issues that exist... but why? These aren't game breaking issues, just issues that cause thought provoking confusion. Maybe you have the answer?

1. Why can't I sell permanent camos I don't use? If they are worth gold, why can't I just get 1/2 the gold back or credits? 
(This goes out to you tier 3 permanent Wakatake/Normandie camo)

2. Why can't I sell a main flag or buy a main flag? 
(... how many have I missed out on that I can't get now T.T)

3. Why are low tier premium ships not readily available for in-game purchase on a regular basis? 
In WoT there are a lot of low tier premiums that are always available, but not in WoWS. It's the difference between $1-$5 and $20-$30 for mid tier premium ships. I bet a ton of people are willing to spend a few bucks instead of getting a large cheddar brisket Firehouse sub with double meat, firehouse chili, and donation. I'm hungry sorry. :/

4. Why can't I buy (Bismarck) containers with in-game gold? 
In the premium shop it's 5 Bismarck containers for $15... aka 3750 gold. One container would be 750 gold. Anybody need 1 more item or a few duplicates and have gold? Too bad. :/

5. Why do useless AA mounts exist in middle tiers? (OK, they existed irl, but they functionally don't exist in-game) 
It makes sense in low tiers but look at this stuff. lol
Tier 6 Aigle > 37 mm 50Mle 1933...    3 km for 2 average damage per second    
             > 13.2 mm/76 Mle 1929... 1.2 km for 5 average damage per second   
Tier 6 Degrasse > 13.2 mm/76CAQ Mle 1929... 1.2 km for 5 average damage per second
Tier 6 Leander > 12.7 mm Mk. III... 1.2 km for 4 average damage per second
Tier 6 Molotov > 12.7 mm Vickers... 1.2 km for 4 average damage per second
BEWARE THIS AA CV PLAYERS SO SCARY :o
HERE'S THE CONTEXT
Tier 6 Ryujo 78 STOCK PLANES x 990 HP
Tier 6 Independence 111 STOCK PLANES x 1090 HP
The bottom tiers are much worse and have hilariously low DPM... but it's fine because THEY'RE RARELY USED. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

1) Because

2) Because

3) Because

4) Because

5) 3

 

2 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Because, reasons.

 

Come on guys. Answers are needed! T.T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
926
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,309 battles

I have a bunch of useless perma camp in my inventory for ships I never intend to own, I would love to sell it. Also I'm 100% behind having some more low tier premiums for sale. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,649
[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles

Q3 is great. low tier premiums should always be available. Its a strange marketing plan that calls for people to buy more of ships that aren't available. A shop with lots of items is more interesting and inviting than a shop with few items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i was just wondering about #3 the other day while i was browsing the tech tree. they usually have at least a couple, but right now there's next to nothing at low tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,772
[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,416 posts
3,673 battles

As for main flags, those you have to earn or be present an accounted for an event.

Like our alpha tester flags, or the even better stats-wise military weekend flag thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
1 hour ago, _Dreadnaught_ said:

This topic is about the status quo of certain issues that exist... but why? These aren't game breaking issues, just issues that cause thought provoking confusion. Maybe you have the answer?

1. Why can't I sell permanent camos I don't use? If they are worth gold, why can't I just get 1/2 the gold back or credits? 
(This goes out to you tier 3 permanent Wakatake/Normandie camo)

2. Why can't I sell a main flag or buy a main flag? 
(... how many have I missed out on that I can't get now T.T)

3. Why are low tier premium ships not readily available for in-game purchase on a regular basis? 
In WoT there are a lot of low tier premiums that are always available, but not in WoWS. It's the difference between $1-$5 and $20-$30 for mid tier premium ships. I bet a ton of people are willing to spend a few bucks instead of getting a large cheddar brisket Firehouse sub with double meat, firehouse chili, and donation. I'm hungry sorry. :/

4. Why can't I buy (Bismarck) containers with in-game gold? 
In the premium shop it's 5 Bismarck containers for $15... aka 3750 gold. One container would be 750 gold. Anybody need 1 more item or a few duplicates and have gold? Too bad. :/

5. Why do useless AA mounts exist in middle tiers? (OK, they existed irl, but they functionally don't exist in-game) 
It makes sense in low tiers but look at this stuff. lol
Tier 6 Aigle > 37 mm 50Mle 1933...    3 km for 2 average damage per second    
             > 13.2 mm/76 Mle 1929... 1.2 km for 5 average damage per second   
Tier 6 Degrasse > 13.2 mm/76CAQ Mle 1929... 1.2 km for 5 average damage per second
Tier 6 Leander > 12.7 mm Mk. III... 1.2 km for 4 average damage per second
Tier 6 Molotov > 12.7 mm Vickers... 1.2 km for 4 average damage per second
BEWARE THIS AA CV PLAYERS SO SCARY :o
HERE'S THE CONTEXT
Tier 6 Ryujo 78 STOCK PLANES x 990 HP
Tier 6 Independence 111 STOCK PLANES x 1090 HP
The bottom tiers are much worse and have hilariously low DPM... but it's fine because THEY'RE RARELY USED. 

1. WG is a business

2. You have to be around to earn the flags 

3. This is not WOT, and they like to change things in the prem shop from time to time

4. WG is a business, and why would you want to?

5. Balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,382
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,975 posts
6,462 battles

Q3, probably because most low tier like T4 or lower, that ive seen have been able to be earned for free because WG probably wouldnt make alot of money off of them, the higher tier premiums are were the money is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. WG is a business

2. You have to be around to earn the flags 

3. This is not WOT, and they like to change things in the prem shop from time to time

4. WG is a business, and why would you want to?

5. Balance

1. Gold/Credits are free for WG.

2. T.T I still want the flags. Gimmie.

3. Yeah its better than WoT, would rather see previews in-game instead of premium shop on the WoWS website.

4. Leftover gold means I have already paid. WG being a business doesn't change anything.

5. Those specific AA are balanced to be useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
1 minute ago, _Dreadnaught_ said:

1. Gold/Credits are free for WG.

2. T.T I still want the flags. Gimmie.

3. Yeah its better than WoT, would rather see previews in-game instead of premium shop on the WoWS website.

4. Leftover gold means I have already paid. WG being a business doesn't change anything.

5. Those specific AA are balanced to be useless.

1. Yes, but they are still a business, free for them not for us

2. Flags are earn't, not freely given, do a mission get a flag, don't do it , get nothing

3. U tube the ship if you really need to, but WG is WG and they will do what WG wants to do

4. Yes left over gold means you have already bought gold, and WG being a business wants you to spend more as you have already spent, so yes WG being a business does change everything, if your wanting something.

5. Maybe useless, but still done in the name of balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. Yes, but they are still a business, free for them not for us

2. Flags are earn't, not freely given, do a mission get a flag, don't do it , get nothing

3. U tube the ship if you really need to, but WG is WG and they will do what WG wants to do

4. Yes left over gold means you have already bought gold, and WG being a business wants you to spend more as you have already spent, so yes WG being a business does change everything, if your wanting something.

5. Maybe useless, but still done in the name of balance

1. It's something I'm not using at the moment. Being able to sell it for credits means I can play more with the credits.  

2. Are there non-Ranked flags that provide benefits?

3. In-game preview is better than compressed youtube.

4. WG selling containers in too large of amounts. Missing out on money because of your rigid mindset.

5. They might as well remove the  pew pew AA and increase the top speed of the ship with lower tonnage for real balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles

I am kinda the opposite I am waiting on Ashitaka I am an avid ship collector to say the least. Don't get me started on Konig Albert that premium eludes me still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, _Dreadnaught_ said:

1. It's something I'm not using at the moment. Being able to sell it for credits means I can play more with the credits.  

2. Are there non-Ranked flags that provide benefits?

3. In-game preview is better than compressed youtube.

4. WG selling containers in too large of amounts. Missing out on money because of your rigid mindset.

5. They might as well remove the  pew pew AA and increase the top speed of the ship with lower tonnage for real balance.

1. I think that's why they call it permanent camo

2. yes there is one flag that gives benefits, an american flag for something I cannot remember, but its 5 percent for credits, xp and something else

3. Sorry cant help you there the u tube thing was a suggestion

4. mindset not rigid at all, and I'm sure you could buy them 1 at a time, maybe not now but you could

5. yes they could but some AA is better than no AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. I think that's why they call it permanent camo

2. yes there is one flag that gives benefits, an american flag for something I cannot remember, but its 5 percent for credits, xp and something else

3. Sorry cant help you there the u tube thing was a suggestion

4. mindset not rigid at all, and I'm sure you could buy them 1 at a time, maybe not now but you could

5. yes they could but some AA is better than no AA

1. Permanent camo is worth a lot therefore should be sellable for something worthwhile. You can sell premium ships.

2. Aww, I want that flag.

4. How many collections are there? I have 3.

5. The AA I mention are in lists with numerous other AA mounts. I'm just pointing out specific ones that are within lists of 3 and 4  much better types of AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, _Dreadnaught_ said:

1. Permanent camo is worth a lot therefore should be sellable for something worthwhile. You can sell premium ships.

2. Aww, I want that flag.

4. How many collections are there? I have 3.

5. The AA I mention are in lists with numerous other AA mounts. I'm just pointing out specific ones that are within lists of 3 and 4  much better types of AA.

1. I don't disagree with you about being abler to sell it , but as I said WG is a business, they will do nothing if it means you will spend more on something.

2. Sorry, they may at some stage do another, but until then 

3. There are 4, hunt for bismark, yamamoto, battle of north cape and the french one

4. the list you provided was very good, but again, in order for balance WG has set it the way it is, there are so many ships that do not have original specs the way they should 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,046
[PVE]
Members
5,343 posts
17,834 battles

I agree with some of the others, Wargaming is a business and has to make money so players will have a game to play. Selling surplus or unwanted items for doubloons is not a good business decision for them IMHO. However I am firmly in the camp that everything in the game should be sellable for credits including unwanted premium camouflages, vanity flags, ARP/HSF content, etc. I have plenty of permanent camo's that are just ugly, some like the "Goblin" camo are just plain repulsive looking, and those that offer lesser bonuses when a better camo is available (ie the standard Tirpitz camo if you have the Tannerich (sp) camo) and those that are just repugnant/in poor taste like the "From the Bottom of the Sea" camos for Hood and Bismarck. They are so offensive that you actually have the ability to hide them in game....

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. I don't disagree with you about being abler to sell it , but as I said WG is a business, they will do nothing if it means you will spend more on something.

2. Sorry, they may at some stage do another, but until then 

3. There are 4, hunt for bismark, yamamoto, battle of north cape and the french one

4. the list you provided was very good, but again, in order for balance WG has set it the way it is, there are so many ships that do not have original specs the way they should 

1. Camo can be sold for credits, premium ships can be sold but permanent camo is the only thing that can't be sold in-game. 

4. I missed Yamamoto. What was the prize for that?

5. 99% of AA have DPM more than 10, 10 should be the bare minimum for mid tiers where planes are 1,000 in health.

Edited by _Dreadnaught_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, _Dreadnaught_ said:

1. Camo can be sold, premium ships can be sold but permanent camo is the only thing that can't be sold in-game. 

4. I missed Yamamoto. What was the prize for that?

5. 99% of AA have DPM more than 10, 10 should be the bare minimum for mid tiers where planes are 1,000 in health.

1. you will have to take it up with WG, submit a ticket

4. You got a capt with specific skills and is still available to do in campaigns

5. I do not disagree with you on this but seriously WG does this for balance, and it is what it is, and if you have these ships do you spec your capt for AA and use modules for AA as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1. you will have to take it up with WG, submit a ticket

4. You got a capt with specific skills and is still available to do in campaigns

5. I do not disagree with you on this but seriously WG does this for balance, and it is what it is, and if you have these ships do you spec your capt for AA and use modules for AA as well

5. AA mods and captain skills so the 1.2 km x 4 DPM can go to 1.44 km x 6-7 DPM? That's nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, _Dreadnaught_ said:

5. AA mods and captain skills so the 1.2 km x 4 DPM can go to 1.44 km x 6-7 DPM? That's nothing.

I suggest you go play CV in those tiers you mentioned and see for yourself if its nothing.

A cv can run out of planes which makes it useless, unlike the rest who have unlimited ammo, so if the ships had the AA as you requested you would wipe out all the cv planes in 2 min

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

I suggest you go play CV in those tiers you mentioned and see for yourself if its nothing.

A cv can run out of planes which makes it useless, unlike the rest who have unlimited ammo, so if the ships had the AA as you requested you would wipe out all the cv planes in 2 min

I'm too dumb to play CV and don't want to play that kind of RTS style mode.

99% of AA mounts are already the way I request. I'm literally referencing 1% of these AA mounts that hit I bet 5% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
596
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
1 minute ago, _Dreadnaught_ said:

I'm too dumb to play CV and don't want to play that kind of RTS style mode.

It is what it is, and all those 5% add up to a lot of plane kills, and if your complaining about 1% of AA mounts, then WG has better things to do

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[DRED]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,312 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

It is what it is, and all those 5% add up to a lot of plane kills, and if your complaining about 1% of AA mounts, then WG has better things to do

Yeah, it's a but why? Topic. :D

I hope you don't see my responses as annoying, you were responding quickly and a lot so it was nice conversation for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×