Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Not sure if this is a bug?

12 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

Not sure yet if it’s a bug or not yet so decided to ask the community. Today had my Duke of York broadsided with Deep Water Torps while running Hydro. Odd thing is while I usually pick up Torps within enough time to turn and avoid all of them or maybe get hit by just 1. This time did not see the crazy things until they were 1km or less from my ship and then they killed me of course. Still had 30 seconds of hydro left so should have picked those things up. Could it be the Torps have a big, or the hydro, or the graphics rendering of the Torps? Although the rendering of ships, maps, and Torps typically is fine for me, if there is a game problem for me it’s akways just a freeze, crash, or app quit, so bit of a mystery on what happened.

I have had to deal with DWT lots of times before which is why my DOY as well as many of my CAs carry Hydro instead of Def AA, but this time it was also as if they had been manually air dropped point close to point blank range only they were not CV Torps.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,214 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not sure yet if it’s a bug or not yet so decided to ask the community. Today had my Duke of York broadsided with Deep Water Torps while running Hydro. Odd thing is while I usually pick up Torps within enough time to turn and avoid all of them or maybe get hit by just 1. This time did not see the crazy things until they were 1km or less from my ship and then they killed me of course. Still had 30 seconds of hydro left so should have picked those things up. Could it be the Torps have a big, or the hydro, or the graphics rendering of the Torps? Although the rendering of ships, maps, and Torps typically is fine for me, if there is a game problem for me it’s akways just a freeze, crash, or app quit, so bit of a mystery on what happened.

I have had to deal with DWT lots of times before which is why my DOY as well as many of my CAs carry Hydro instead of Def AA, but this time it was also as if they had been manually air dropped point close to point blank range only they were not CV Torps.

Romulan cloaking tech my friend. /s

Serious note I haven't experienced this before, could be a bug, but in my experience the torpedoes have always been spotted by hydro.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Romulan cloaking tech my friend. /s

Serious note I haven't experienced this before, could be a bug, but in my experience the torpedoes have always been spotted by hydro.

Yeah same here, and I Definately had not run out of hydro since only run it if I am suspicious there may be Torp attacking incoming, so I am very careful when I activate it.

Members
1,118 posts
3,141 battles

Was the ship a Asashio in testing? That ship has (correct me if I'm wrong) either .7  or .9 detection on the torps, and blistering speed. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Was the ship a Asashio in testing? That ship has (correct me if I'm wrong) either .7  or .9 detection on the torps, and blistering speed. 

Think it was only Pan Asian and the DD was like 7-8km, but even Asashio Torps would get detected at the range of my Hydro I would think. The Torps that hit just magically showed up way too close.

[STW-D]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
1,646 posts
5,006 battles

Threads like this always go to the same place, so i'll just jump right ahead: Replay?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[STW-D]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
1,646 posts
5,006 battles

It's not that you're not correct without a replay, it's just that it's very difficult to prove anything with out evidence.  The sum of this thread is going to be "well, watch out for it" if there is nothing to confirm, "honest mistake" if it was that, or "yup, that right there is a bug, file it!" if you're right. 

I would suggest people play with replays on all the time.  You can purge them with any frequency you want to, but if you have an epic game or an epic bug, you can't show much without a replay or reproduction steps.  Alternatively, take a friend into a training room with DWTs and your ship, hydro up and have them torp you.  If it's a consistent bug, it should be able to be reproduced in a training room.  Reproduction steps are helpful if you submit a bug report.

• Bad 1

Members
9,863 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually I saw this last night messing around in co-op, assumed I missed something.

Brawling with a cruiser popped hydro early, and just as I killed him, torps came out of nowhere...he was a good 5k away, torps showed up at the last sec.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,881 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Odd thing is while I usually pick up Torps within enough time to turn and avoid all of them or maybe get hit by just 1.

Turn?  In a DoY?  Driving my DoY the other day,  I started a turn early in a match and the game ended before I completed it.

[WOLF5]
Members
602 posts
11,996 battles

Sounds like a de-sync or lag issue to be honest. But as mentioned, a replay would help a lot. 

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles

I swear I've also seen this one or twice in a cruiser with hydro on. It really defeats the point of hydro when you can't detect those deep water torps.

[BIAS]
Members
3,046 posts
8,993 battles

AS stated earlier, replays or it didn't happen.

Sign in to follow this