Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Edselman

RIP Bruno

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,642 posts
2,149 battles

This morning Wrestling's living legend Bruno Sammartino died at 82. He held the championship title for a total of 12 years and was only pinned 4 or 5 times in his 30 year long career.

Image result for bruno sammartino

• Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,316 battles

Why were his legs connected to his shoulders?

• Funny 4

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles

Yes I remember him well.  From the old Big Time wrestling era long gone bye.  The Golden Years! He was a great one. Put on a hell of a show. Heck I remember Gorgeous George. What a trip.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,697 posts
15,374 battles

Met Bruno one time, along with André the Giant, in a bar of all places, having a cold one with the rest of us ordinary mortals. Gentlemen to the core, both of them. Sat down and shot the breeze with us, played shuffleboard with us for beers (and cleaned us out!), were polite and complimentary to the barmaid without being too pushy, and left her a real nice tip. A pleasure to have met both. They went around in the community, meeting up with old friends from France and Italy, and helping out where needed. They made sure we got ringside seats to the show, and it was first rate! Professional athletes with class. We need more of those.

• Cool 5

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles
10 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Met Bruno one time, along with André the Giant, in a bar of all places, having a cold one with the rest of us ordinary mortals. Gentlemen to the core, both of them. Sat down and shot the breeze with us, played shuffleboard with us for beers (and cleaned us out!), were polite and complimentary to the barmaid without being too pushy, and left her a real nice tip. A pleasure to have met both. They went around in the community, meeting up with old friends from France and Italy, and helping out where needed. They made sure we got ringside seats to the show, and it was first rate! Professional athletes with class. We need more of those.

Cool. I got a kick out of those Big Time wrestling guys growing up in the fifties when I was a kid. I really got a kick watching The Sheik....ha....what an act. Some indeed were great athletes. For sure Bruno was. I liked it when they would actually get mad at each other in the ring and deviate from "the script". You know what I mean. It was, and is, a show, but now and then they would go at it for real.  On occasion. 

[WOLF6]
Members
303 posts
4,373 battles

I remember Bruno , awesome wrestler . I met and cooked for Sid Vicious when he came into a restaurant I was cheffing at. Ate two huge T-bones along with baked potatoes and veg and salad , then ordered Shrimp pasta , devoured that along with another salad and maybe 4 beers to wash things down , Sent his compliments and asked for me to come to his table . The man was huge , but a super nice guy , nothing like the villain he played in the ring , we talked for an hour , had a beer or two with him , wonderful person . It must have devastated him when he accidentally killed another wrestler by throwing him too hard and too high. Really felt for him when I heard about it and knowing the type of person he actually was .

1,266 posts
13 battles

Sounds like he was a well liked and respected person outside of the ring. May he rest in peace.

Sign in to follow this