You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Proposed change in scoring

39 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,658 battles

The last two days have been BRUTAL. I am running at a 10% win rate in randoms. It isn't me, I have been saddled with so much trash there is nothing that can be done.

So I propose that the top three players from the losing team be given credit for a win and get the appropriate credit and exp rewards. Call the reward cream of the crop or something. This way decent players who are forced to play with [edited] won't be punished for it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[NBGC]
Members
329 posts
3,565 battles

I like this idea. I'd rather get something like premium time for a certain amount of times being #1 on the team instead of some medal though. 

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
12,883 battles

People proposed in the past a lot of things like: if you are first on the losing team to get the same benifits as the winners or you dont get a lose if you are nr 1 or you dont pay repair bills, etc. But again nothing happend.

When i lose more then 3 in a row i just stop for the day or ask for a div.:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

WoT Blitz added something like this before I quit... If you got a certain achievement or met a certain mark, you get the same crdits/xp as if you would have won.

Careful what you wish for. it was completely broken the first few patches. It was smarter to toss games at a certain point

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

WoT Blitz added something like this before I quit... If you got a certain achievement or met a certain mark, you get the same crdits/xp as if you would have won.

Careful what you wish for. it was completely broken the first few patches. It was smarter to toss games at a certain point

Think the achievement is called “Valiant Effort”. In my experience still not good as a win, but does give you some incentive to keep on fighting and not give up since even if your efforts fail to secure a win, the loss is softened by the extra credits and XP that push you a little closer to what you would have gotten for a win. And the times I have gotten it I was fighting like a tiger, not a reward you can sabotage a match to get. You really have to be trying desperately to win the match to get the rewards.

• Cool 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
11 hours ago, Belthorian said:

The last two days have been BRUTAL. I am running at a 10% win rate in randoms. It isn't me, I have been saddled with so much trash there is nothing that can be done.

So I propose that the top three players from the losing team be given credit for a win and get the appropriate credit and exp rewards. Call the reward cream of the crop or something. This way decent players who are forced to play with window lickers won't be punished for it.

Credit for a win? NO.  By the way no one is forcing you to play with [edited]. You downloaded the game. Bad teams go with the territory and that will never change. You just accept this. You will get saddled with "trash"....as you put it. Tough. We all do. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,489 posts
2,043 battles

I think if you're on the losing side and have the most XP of either team, then that should be worth something, at least an achievement. Honestly, if you lose and have more BXP than the top enemy player, you deserve some compensation.

• Cool 2

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Think the achievement is called “Valiant Effort”. In my experience still not good as a win, but does give you some incentive to keep on fighting and not give up since even if your efforts fail to secure a win, the loss is softened by the extra credits and XP that push you a little closer to what you would have gotten for a win. And the times I have gotten it I was fighting like a tiger, not a reward you can sabotage a match to get. You really have to be trying desperately to win the match to get the rewards.

This sounds interesting. No credit for a win but credit for fighting like hell. Kinda like this.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I don't think it is a bad idea, but didn't it get abused in world of tanks? If you realize you're team is most likely going to lose, someone would YOLO in and get tons of spotting damage before being destroyed so they could get into the next game and that usually pushed them near the top. I could see people doing that in this game. A DD who knows they won't win just rushing in to dump point blank torps on a BB and move on.

[PVE]
Members
8,812 posts
7,241 battles
21 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

So I propose that the top three players from the losing team be given credit for a win and get the appropriate credit and exp rewards. Call the reward cream of the crop or something. This way decent players who are forced to play with window lickers won't be punished for it.

Get credits and XP for a win, when you lose, NO.

2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I think if you're on the losing side and have the most XP of either team, then that should be worth something, at least an achievement. Honestly, if you lose and have more BXP than the top enemy player, you deserve some compensation.

The Potato achievement and emblem was proposed for having the most base XP in the match for both sides, but being on the losing side. You can't make it the top XP player on the losing side as every match would give the award. But having the most base XP when you are on the losing side should get recognition. Give out some nice non-economic flags (suggestions?, India Delta for the burn maybe) and you get a point towards the Potato emblem.

Fifteen wins this way would get you the Knight Potato emblem. (Potato with arms and legs in armor)

Twenty-five wins would get you the Noble Potato emblem.  (Potato with arms and legs in blue courtly clothes)

Fifty wins would get you the Royal Potato emblem. (Potato with buff arms and legs in purple courtly clothes)

One hundred wins would get you the Potato Monarch emblem. (Potato with ripped arms and legs in purple courtly clothes with a crown and cape)

I think this would work much better and if I could draw more than stick figures, I would have submitted this for the patch contest.

@Radar_X, @WolfofWarship, @Pigeon_of_War, what do y'all think?

• Cool 1

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Absolutely need to get away from this damage-farming all-or-nothing scoring for battles. You can see they are acutely aware of this issue with their amped up Campaigns--this gets you playing more, win or lose, as at least your scores will add up on the tasks you need to complete. Losing isn't so bad when  you know you are still advancing your Campaign.

But still, they need to redress this issue where some schlub on the other team who hid the whole game and lobbed a few hits long distance, can score  better than a player who did far on your team more to advance his team--and keep in mind many things you can do in a ship to advance winning do not result in direct damage. And ships sunk is also a very rough gauge to assess things: e.g. your team front fighters managed to hit and burn down red ships to less than 10% hp (while you stayed way back and lobbed, refusing to push, schlub that you are)... you then swan in on your high-HP BB when your team is now 3-6 ships ahead (you know who the feck you are, cowards basically, or let's be charitable and saw newbs or timid) and you then mange to pick off the floating wounded--woohoo lookit that I sunk. 3 ships!

If you score 75% + of HP reduction on a particular ship the kill should be yours. Chew on that.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,327 posts
9,387 battles

How about an award for the bottom player of the winning team ????

Potato2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I don't think it is a bad idea, but didn't it get abused in world of tanks? If you realize you're team is most likely going to lose, someone would YOLO in and get tons of spotting damage before being destroyed so they could get into the next game and that usually pushed them near the top. I could see people doing that in this game. A DD who knows they won't win just rushing in to dump point blank torps on a BB and move on.

I do not recall it getting abused in WOT Blitz because I really had to put up a serious fight, we are talking the equivalent of getting Confederate, Kraken unleashed, and High Caliber kind of fight if it was in WOWs. Or maybe a little shy of that, but not by much. Just going out and Yolo would not get you that achievement in WOT Blitz and if they added it to WOWs same thing. I only achieve that with excellent gameplay, but still on accident. My team just sometimes decides to melt within moments of battle start and leave me with a progressively worse mess despite  the fact my gun may be laying down accurate and deadly fire. Often my gun will be firing just as quickly as it can get the next shell loaded.

So the Valiant effort reward in Blitz is not something that you can just up and decide you want. It is something that feels more like it just chooses you after recognizing that you put up a highly commendable fight.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I was talking more about the just general top "x" number of players getting the winning bonus. It was ranked in WOT not the xp. My bad. Do we not get any kind of bonus for things like kraken or confederate on losing team? I know when I have done really well on a losing team I have had games where I would place as #2 or #3 on the enemy team. 

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,604 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Get credits and XP for a win, when you lose, NO.

The Potato achievement and emblem was proposed for having the most base XP in the match for both sides, but being on the losing side. You can't make it the top XP player on the losing side as every match would give the award. But having the most base XP when you are on the losing side should get recognition. Give out some nice non-economic flags (suggestions?, India Delta for the burn maybe) and you get a point towards the Potato emblem.

Fifteen wins this way would get you the Knight Potato emblem. (Potato with arms and legs in armor)

Twenty-five wins would get you the Noble Potato emblem.  (Potato with arms and legs in blue courtly clothes)

Fifty wins would get you the Royal Potato emblem. (Potato with buff arms and legs in purple courtly clothes)

One hundred wins would get you the Potato Monarch emblem. (Potato with ripped arms and legs in purple courtly clothes with a crown and cape)

I think this would work much better and if I could draw more than stick figures, I would have submitted this for the patch contest.

@Radar_X, @WolfofWarship, @Pigeon_of_War, what do y'all think?

I think this emblem/patch idea worthy of consideration. Don't forget the scepter of high office though. Make it a turkey leg.  

1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Absolutely need to get away from this damage-farming all-or-nothing scoring for battles. You can see they are acutely aware of this issue with their amped up Campaigns--this gets you playing more, win or lose, as at least your scores will add up on the tasks you need to complete. Losing isn't so bad when  you know you are still advancing your Campaign.

But still, they need to redress this issue where some schlub on the other team who hid the whole game and lobbed a few hits long distance, can score  better than a player who did far on your team more to advance his team--and keep in mind many things you can do in a ship to advance winning do not result in direct damage. And ships sunk is also a very rough gauge to assess things: e.g. your team front fighters managed to hit and burn down red ships to less than 10% hp (while you stayed way back and lobbed, refusing to push, schlub that you are)... you then swan in on your high-HP BB when your team is now 3-6 ships ahead (you know who the feck you are, cowards basically, or let's be charitable and saw newbs or timid) and you then mange to pick off the floating wounded--woohoo lookit that I sunk. 3 ships!

If you score 75% + of HP reduction on a particular ship the kill should be yours. Chew on that.

Yes please. Coffee is for closers. The top  twelve players regardless of which side they are on are scored/awarded normally. The rest are scaled with the lowest two(regardless of which side they were on) getting the current losing team percentage treatment.

[PVE]
Members
8,812 posts
7,241 battles
1 hour ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I was talking more about the just general top "x" number of players getting the winning bonus. It was ranked in WOT not the xp. My bad. Do we not get any kind of bonus for things like kraken or confederate on losing team? I know when I have done really well on a losing team I have had games where I would place as #2 or #3 on the enemy team. 

Achievements and winning and losing are not the same. You get achievements whether or not you won. The XP/credit multiplier for winning and losing should be different as the game is your team winning.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles

You call people trash and [edited] , but consider this, your the one on 10 % wr.

Anyone might assume your the very thing your calling others. 

According to the winning teams of course.

Why does a loosing team deserve win rewards for loosing, what if a loosing team got even less, so they couldn't lose their way to t10

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles

The amusing thing is that the other 11 players on your team are probably thinking the same thing and you're included in the list of "[edited]."

• Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts

how about the best loser gets a heroic acheivement worth a single signal flag, that can be mounted for +10% shipXP for one match.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
7 hours ago, Belthorian said:

You played 217 battles in the last 20 days.  You're running 60% in divs and 58% win rate solo.  I think the lack of sleep from playing that much is affecting your perception hardcore.  And don't tell me you're just counting one day.  You clearly have the mental capacity to comprehend sample size if you're able to perform at the level you are.

Assuming not all battles go the full 20 min, let's assume the average duration is 15 min.  That's 54 hours of gaming in 20 days.  That's just PvP random. And just this game, lord knows how much other gaming you're doing or other leisure activities.  I would be far less concerned about other players on your team and be more concerned about how much your quality of life is suffering by neglecting real world responsibilities because there is no career or relationship advancement going on in your life if you're video game addiction has taken over to that much of an extreme.  I am not trolling, I genuinely and sincerely hope you find a way out of it for your health and for the health of the relationships you have with friends and family who care about you.

• Cool 2

[FFLY]
Members
39 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

You played 217 battles in the last 20 days.  You're running 60% in divs and 58% win rate solo.  I think the lack of sleep from playing that much is affecting your perception hardcore.  And don't tell me you're just counting one day.  You clearly have the mental capacity to comprehend sample size if you're able to perform at the level you are.

Assuming not all battles go the full 20 min, let's assume the average duration is 15 min.  That's 54 hours of gaming in 20 days.  That's just PvP random. And just this game, lord knows how much other gaming you're doing or other leisure activities.  I would be far less concerned about other players on your team and be more concerned about how much your quality of life is suffering by neglecting real world responsibilities because there is no career or relationship advancement going on in your life if you're video game addiction has taken over to that much of an extreme.  I am not trolling, I genuinely and sincerely hope you find a way out of it for your health and for the health of the relationships you have with friends and family who care about you.

He plays less than 3 hours per day based on your numbers and according to this ... "According to a Nielsen report, United States adults are watching five hours and four minutes of television per day on average". So the question would be, why do you care how much he plays a video game?

The post isn't about how often someone plays. The OP has a valid point. Why not get some reward for doing well when your team sucks? It gets a little old being slaughtered and being in the top 3.