You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Z-52, the Best DD I Have Ever Played

15 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,205 battles

Holy guacamole, Z-52 is everything people say and more. I'm only two games in and this thing performs like a dream. I am not much of a DD captain, but so far she has clicked with me superbly, while her predecessor Z-46 felt like she was constantly fighting me. There is something about shaving off 4500 HP per salvo with AP that is so satisfying, especially when it is a cruiser broadside to me. Those fast firing torpedoes, while not the highest damaging, can be spammed like crazy which helps with my sometimes awful precision. Overall I look forward to continue playing with her.

shot-18_04_18_19_18.46-0649.thumb.jpg.51830dbd653b7abbea054f06efd70793.jpg

*PS: To the poor Iowa player I withered down with over 67k worth of fire/flood, remember to not put out the first fire next time!

• Cool 3

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles

You will realize its weakness when encountering CVs

700m radius with 4.5s ruder means that  you cant even dodge a single set of torps from a decent midway player. 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
10 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

700m radius with 4.5s ruder means that  you cant even dodge a single set of torps from a decent midway player. 

That's any t10 DD without df AA.

Yea z52 is an absolute beast

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Shima and Yueyang can dodge one set without DFAA

Most CV players have issue dropping Khab.

By far the Z-52 is the worst. (Groz has AA)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,727 posts
9,432 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

DFAA does not protect you against equal tier CVs. A Midway can delete a Des Moines with DFAA running if they stack their planes to do it. A Grozevoi or Gearing? DFAA only screws up their DB. They'll still cross drop you with TB.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,727 posts
9,432 battles
23 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Gearing only has something like 10m better turning radius.

Other than having DFAA, Gearing is simply inferior in every meaningful way to Z-52.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, Plaatduutsch said:

I've already come to peace with this while running Z-46. While I do sometimes envy the US DD's and their DFAA, that envy fades as I mercilessly club them in the cap.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
394 posts
6,160 battles

52 is a Great dd. especially with that super hydro

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Members
6,620 posts
25,238 battles

Love Z-52, along with YY my fav T10 DD.

Great hydro (esp with the hydro booster). Torps are not strong but fast reloading.

Speed/turn is not that bad. Wish the German smoke was better but can't have all.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,507 battles

Z-52 is the absolute best DD in the game. Yes, she's weak to CVs. But every ship has weaknesses. I see a CV in maybe 10% of the games I play in Z-52, and only in maybe 20% of those games is the opposing CV player good enough to crossdrop me effectively. I'll take those odds and accept the fact that a good CV can delete me no matter what I do most of the time if they choose to focus me, because I can straight up bully any other DD in the game assuming equally  or lesser skilled opponent driving it. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,094 posts
8,733 battles

Yeah that Z-52 is on my long term wish list, but the tier VI in the line is still learning curve for me. I am liking the idea of the 10.5 German Torps that reload at nice rate. That is only of the things I love about Fubuki, Akatsuki, and Kagero is the fact the Torps reload at swift rate for their power and get 10km range.

Starting to really do well in USN DDs which I am currently at tier VI with and the second IJN line is starting to work for me as well. So might be able to make use of German DDs soon enough.

[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,690 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Gearing only has something like 10m better turning radius.

Other than having DFAA, Gearing is simply inferior in every meaningful way to Z-52.

Gearing has 640m turning radius.

That's 60m difference if my math is correct

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,459 battles

I agree the Z-52 is awesome.

Radar divs can really ruin a Z-52 drivers day trying to launch the 10.5km torps.

Other than that, its fun, fun!