You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

What is this Texas event (mission?) some people are talking about?

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles

I see a lot of guys in chat talking about needing to do X to finish their TX mission and have even seen a few references to some kind of Texas event/mission in the forums but nothing that explains it. Anyone got a link or can fill me in? I don't see anything on the WOWS webpage (have I missed something?) nor in port for it.

Thanks.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
580 posts
4,574 battles

The Texas mission is from twitch prime. If you have twitch prime you can claim the offer to earn a twitch camo for your Texas BB.

Source will be in the news page, can't link due to remote access. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
8 minutes ago, _greifer said:

The Texas mission is from twitch prime. If you have twitch prime you can claim the offer to earn a twitch camo for your Texas BB.

Source will be in the news page, can't link due to remote access. 

Ah ok. Thanks. Don't have Twitch.

EDIT - found it. Don't need a Twitch TX camo. Have 2 now LOL

https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-get-even-more-loot-for-your-fleet-in-world-of-warships-c07f14b8bce1

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
7 minutes ago, _greifer said:

If you have twitch prime you can claim the offer to earn a twitch camo for your Texas BB.

purple gun barrels?

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,284 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

purple gun barrels?

To show you're a purple playa of course!!! :Smile_great:

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,308 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I didn't either, until the March Twitch promo.  My wife already had Amazon Prime, so it was a simple matter of signing up for Twitch and linking to Amazon (they are apparently partners) to get free stuff.  Then, in April I saw a post on these here forums that said I could also get a FREE Texas for the same thing.  I got on my new Twitch account, clicked the crown icon, and sure enough...more free loot to be claimed.  This time it was a premium ship (I have never gotten a premium ship from a super container...just sayin')!

A personal mission for a permanent camo for Texas was included.  Fulfilled the mission, got the camo...but it is more gaudy (and purple) than the camo that came with Texas and has no additional perks, so I'll never use it.

I don't use Twitch, but signing up has been quite profitable...thanks, Twitch! :Smile_great:

Edited by desmo_2

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles

Lol I got USS Texas from invite code when I joined WOWs early 2017, very nice ship and I like her. Pity there will not be any more “Clear Skies” awards after coming update, but still good ship. :Smile_honoring:

[DRACS]
Members
3,359 posts

For me, its not worth the effort as Texas' default camo is already very nice. Plus as much as I love this ship, I don't want to just keep playing it over and over.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

EDIT - found it. Don't need a Twitch TX camo. Have 2 now LOL

https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-get-even-more-loot-for-your-fleet-in-world-of-warships-c07f14b8bce1

If you already have Texas in your port, you get credits compensation in excess of 7 million plus a port slot.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
7 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I didn't either, until the March Twitch promo.  My wife already had Amazon Prime, so it was a simple matter of signing up for Twitch and linking to Amazon (they are apparently partners) to get free stuff.  Then, in April I saw a post on these here forums that said I could also get a FREE Texas for the same thing.  I got on my new Twitch account, clicked the crown icon, and sure enough...more free loot to be claimed.  This time it was a premium ship (I have never gotten a premium ship from a super container...just sayin')!

A personal mission for a permanent camo for Texas was included.  Fulfilled the mission, got the camo...but it is more gaudy (and purple) than the camo that came with Texas and has no additional perks, so I'll never use it.

I don't use Twitch, but signing up has been quite profitable...thanks, Twitch! :Smile_great:

I signed up last month and got the free US Capt and then cancelled. Have TX now and even though the doubloons would be nice don't ant to abuse the system. LOL Already have TX with the stock camo and the Stars & Stripes camo. Don't need the Twitch Purple one.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

If you already have Texas in your port, you get credits compensation in excess of 7 million plus a port slot.

Yeah I know but just don't want to abuse the system. I really don't want or need Twitch/Amazon or want to spend for a monthly membership so I will pass vs signing up and cancelling. Did that already with the free Capt and that is enough. Thanks though.

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,308 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah I know but just don't want to abuse the system. I really don't want or need Twitch/Amazon or want to spend for a monthly membership so I will pass vs signing up and cancelling. Did that already with the free Capt and that is enough. Thanks though.

It's pixel content.  It doesn't cost anyone anything.  Do it.   Doo eeeeeeeeeet.

Edited by desmo_2

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I got USS Texas from invite code when I joined WOWs early 2017, very nice ship and I like her. Pity there will not be any more “Clear Skies” awards after coming update, but still good ship. :Smile_honoring:

Just curious is it anyone we know who invited you? :cap_yes:

[WOLF6]
Members
128 posts
3,763 battles

Thanks for the thread. Had no idea, so I signed up. Had the USS Texas already.

First mission: Win a battle and do 30K damage
Second mission: Destroy 5 ships

Third mission: Destroy one ship and win the battle
Fourth mission: destroy 10 planes.

Edited by 1meanDad
update

Members
996 posts
5,739 battles
17 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Do the Prime thing if you can...for folks who already have Texas, it's 7+ million credits into your account.

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
128 posts
3,763 battles

wonder if there will a twitch event this month