Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptnAndy

Literary Agent

8 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
296 posts
9,683 battles

I'm looking for an agent that is into warships. I'm a naval history buff, and author with several self published novels on Amazon and other platforms, including a Greatest Generation novel, BB-39. My latest book will be the first in an alternate history series based on the War in the Pacific.

After the Days Of Infamy departs from reality with the discovery of helium on an island in northern Japan in the early 30’s. A secret agreement between Japan and Germany results in a technology exchange that results in Japan developing a fleet of airship aircraft carriers instead of additional ship based aircraft carriers.

The 2 attacks on December 7th are made by 400 planes from a fleet of airship carriers, that are followed later that same week by a series of devastating strikes up and down the West Coast. By the end of the week the aircraft, shipbuilding, and marine industries there are all in ruins.

This story does not include steam punk, fantasy, time travel, magic, elves or faeries. The deviations from historic technologies are based on what could have been accomplished with the availability of helium and a push in that direction.

The reason I’m considering traditional publishing, is that I would rather spend my time and resources writing, than promoting. I believe this book, and the series, has a wide potential audience. 

If you are interested in possibly representing me, please message your contact information. You can see my books on Amazon under A.G. Kimbrough

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,169 battles
33 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I'll take 20% as long as you do all the work?

17% and I'll proof read it twice ( that means I'll run it through spell checker and google translate once )!

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
Just now, BiggieD61 said:

17% and I'll proof read it twice ( that means I'll run it through spell checker and google translate once )!

Hmmm... I believe I'd like to withdraw from the competition.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,169 battles
1 hour ago, AspiringCodger said:

Hmmm... I believe I'd like to withdraw from the competition.

Sorry @CaptnAndy , lack of competition means I am going to have to bump that commission up a tad - 25% now, I'll need the extra money because I am going to sub contract the entire thing out to @BB3_Oregon_Steel since he loves to write and edit!

• Funny 1

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles
49 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Sorry @CaptnAndy , lack of competition means I am going to have to bump that commission up a tad - 25% now, I'll need the extra money because I am going to sub contract the entire thing out to @BB3_Oregon_Steel since he loves to write and edit!

She loves to write and edit.  :Smile_honoring:

I'm afraid I'm not really a literary agent or an editor and I'm not sure how I'd be able to help with an "Attack of the Mammoth Airships" story.  Still, I'm always willing to help if I can. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
296 posts
9,683 battles

Thanks for the kind offers, but I really hoped to run across a real literary, who happens to play WOWS, and I wouldn't need to educate them about naval warfare. 

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles
1 hour ago, CaptnAndy said:

Thanks for the kind offers, but I really hoped to run across a real literary, who happens to play WOWS, and I wouldn't need to educate them about naval warfare. 

Best of Luck!!

Sign in to follow this