You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Watch for potatoes

59 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

They sure are out in force today. All but one of my matches so far losses thanks to them. Hard to do much in MO, Akatsuki, or Tashkent when your BBs take a pleasure cruiser through distant caps, cruisers get aggressive at wrong times, DDs keep hiding behind bigger cousins--ugh!

Went ahead and changed my playstyle. Pure Solo. Unless the teammates are coordinating actively in chat, I assume they are potatoes and use them as meat shields. I'll say what cap I'm going to at start, but beyond that depends on if teammates show they're more than just onscreen pixels.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,156 battles

I had 2 games yesterday where a couple destroyers refused to cap stating" every time I cap I die so I'm not going to " :Smile_facepalm:and they proceeded to run to the flanks and not even spot  Funny thing is there wasn't even a radar ship present It's a sad day we get such wimps flying the destroyers:cap_viking:

Edited by silverdahc

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
5,649 battles

I had a guy in a Des Moines that was the worst player I have ever seen. I looked at his stats and he had 12 THOUSAND battles, a 24% win rate and a 533 WTR. Players like him should only be allowed to play CO-OP.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,421 posts
4,055 battles
4 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I had a guy in a Des Moines that was the worst player I have ever seen. I looked at his stats and he had 12 THOUSAND battles, a 24% win rate and a 533 WTR. Players like him should only be allowed to play CO-OP.

Do you suspect that he was botting?

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
5,649 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Do you suspect that he was botting?

No, I talked to him in chat, he was an actual person.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

He's so bad the patented matchmaker couldn't tip him back anywhere near 50%? How do you get to 24% without teamkilling constantly?

Members
4,438 posts
6,129 battles

I don't see how 24% win rate is possible unless something crazy or funky is going on. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles

I found a few fun solutions today, like my Farragut was bottom  tier and there were ton of tier 7s and 8s. Map was that North one, so lot of open areas making sneaking up on enemies in Farragut difficult. Still had those nice 2 minute long smoke screens I could lay so informed the Atlanta near me that I would lay 2 minutes smoke for him so he acknowledged and I payed the smoke, he and couple other ships jumped into the smoke and fired away at several enemy ships out on open waiter. I stayed a little distance head of the smoke to spot the targets and watch for any incmong Torps.

The group with me moved up and I layed smoke and same we did same thing. Lol poor enemy  team got toasted, goes to show that if you are clever with what you have and give them a simple, easy, and relatively safe plan to follow they can do it. Lol who doesn’t like shooting at enemy ships like crazy with great field of fire and still be invisible.

Members
9,862 posts
40 minutes ago, Reymu said:

They sure are out in force today. All but one of my matches so far losses thanks to them. Hard to do much in MO, Akatsuki, or Tashkent when your BBs take a pleasure cruiser through distant caps, cruisers get aggressive at wrong times, DDs keep hiding behind bigger cousins--ugh!

Went ahead and changed my playstyle. Pure Solo. Unless the teammates are coordinating actively in chat, I assume they are potatoes and use them as meat shields. I'll say what cap I'm going to at start, but beyond that depends on if teammates show they're more than just onscreen pixels.

Could it be that this is the result of WG tuning up bots and making scenarios painful?:Smile_glasses:

Driving some of those players into random certainly isn't likely to help game play...

And from playing co-op a few games today, I seriously wonder wth is going on. Either the bots have gotten better, or the players have gotten worse...:Smile_amazed:

Spoiler

tYlgNvA.jpg

Zxd2srT.jpg

oN7bJ7E.jpg

Members
3,617 posts
13,402 battles
41 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I had 2 games yesterday where a couple destroyers refused to cap stating" every time I cap I die so I'm not going to

I can understand the attitude. When I'm driving my DDs I don't even attempt to cap unless I have support. If I head for a cap and the other ships that I thought would support me take off elsewhere, I take off elsewhere. Because if I try to cap solo, the Red DD always has support from his team and I get quickly deleted.

[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,971 battles

Can you turn pink from Space Battles?

Well, if you can, I apologize for turning two different players pink today, due to my potato-ness, including the last match with a Grand_Admiral_Thrawn (not sure if that's the same Thrawn posting here).

First match, was pelted, and turning to flee with low HP, when I ran into a friendly BB and exploded.

Last match, similar situation, running from a BB at 7k away.   Behind the huge space rock, a friendly DD fired his torps.   Which I ate all of, but two.   

Sorry about that guys.  Stupid Diddle, being stupid.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
5,649 battles
40 minutes ago, Praxz said:

He's so bad the patented matchmaker couldn't tip him back anywhere near 50%? How do you get to 24% without teamkilling constantly?

Every battle he was in was the equivalent of a 12 vs 11 handicap match.

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,110 battles
54 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

HOLY SMOKES!  After 12K battles, I can't comprehend how bad you would have to be, to hurt your team so much as to only have a 24% win rate!!  It makes the mind boggle...

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
5,649 battles
Just now, driedjello said:

HOLY SMOKES!  After 12K battles, I can't comprehend how bad you would have to be, to hurt your team so much as to only have a 24% win rate!!  It makes the mind boggle...

I just got home and looked up his stats again. My bad is overall win rate was 40% in the Des Moines which he had over 500 battles in his win rate was 24%

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,110 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I remember capping as a BB while my two destroyers stayed behind me with island cover.  At least I was German that match...

[TF16B]
Members
8,025 posts
16,967 battles

Such kvetching...

...not like I really disagree with any of it.

Farragut on Shards in Co-op. Head south to hide behind that island nw of B. Get chided for doing so, and asking why I’m worried about bots, or if I’m so bad I can’t win against bots. Reply that I’ve seen some pretty stupid things in Co-op; and prefer to play against what I know the bots will do.

Get chided again for hiding, then finally come out, nuke a Duca, and proceed to sink two additional ships.

Original kvetcher catches three torps from our Duca, and apologizes, saying they see what I meant now...

3 minutes ago, driedjello said:

1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I just got home and looked up his stats again. My bad is overall win rate was 40% in the Des Moines which he had over 500 battles in his win rate was 24%

Makes me feel a little better; there’s at least one player with a worse wr in DM than my 40%...

[VW]
Members
1,814 posts
12,264 battles

Today i had 3 different games where 3 different zaos refused to shoot at dds less than 10km away. I’m getting tired of cas not doing their job. Often i’m the only one to shoot at dds while playing bb. It’s true you have to ignore the team objectives and just play for damage otherwise you lose the battle and the xp. This is very unfortunate.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Agreed. They shouldn't even allow crap players in high tier imo.  Would love it if they implemented at least a 50% WR to play anything past T7.  Every time they click the battle button the client should say "Sorry, you suck, this is where the big boys play.  Not welcome."

Trying to grind my Yammy capt to 19 pts and game after game despite posting 100k plus games and at least 1k XP on a loss half my team or more can't even break 500 to 600 xp.  2/8 in T10 today.  Yes I'm salty, yes you dregs are worthless and don't want to have to carry you.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

Co-op level rewards for anyone doing badly in Randoms might motivate them to get gud. I was totally SMH watching an entire team in North Islands refuse to push caps earlier in MO, and after seeing half the team couldn't reach 800 base XP in T7-9 ships, found myself thinking they should just get co-op level rewards, maybe that will wake them up.

Take your tier #, x10, add 50 (and +100 if uptiered), and there's the base XP you should try for. T8 ship? 850 base XP should be your baseline. Below that? You probably have a lot of room to improve. I say "probably" because fast 1-sided slaughters can easily mean you're lucky just to get 500 base XP.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,752 battles

Using teammates as a meatshield is not going to work in the long run. You need to create opportunities as well as exploit them, and your strategy does neither. Even with a poor team, they will do better then if you just sit back and farm damage. MO has radar, Tashkent can shut down destroyer probes and Akatsuki is quite capable of vision control. None of those ships do well in the back. 

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles
4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Using teammates as a meatshield is not going to work in the long run. You need to create opportunities as well as exploit them, and your strategy does neither. Even with a poor team, they will do better then if you just sit back and farm damage. MO has radar, Tashkent can shut down destroyer probes and Akatsuki is quite capable of vision control. None of those ships do well in the back. 

Except it's wise to be ready to sit in the back because need an idea of whether my team is capable vs. enemy team. Took me forever to even notice this in Random. My responsibility is simply to have fun--and if team's not helping with it, then they're meat shields because no other role. I'll get what damage and vision control I can, push if seems reasonable chance of success, and move on.

If I wanted to snipe I'd be playing Sniper Elite. Like getting my MO or Yamato within 15km so I can do nasty damage. So few people sail straight lines at those tiers that sniping is waste of time, typically.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,148 battles
5 hours ago, silverdahc said:

I had 2 games yesterday where a couple destroyers refused to cap stating" every time I cap I die so I'm not going to " :Smile_facepalm:and they proceeded to run to the flanks and not even spot  Funny thing is there wasn't even a radar ship present It's a sad day we get such wimps flying the destroyers:cap_viking:

Almost every match I play in destroyers (it seems), someone [edited] about destroyers not taking caps... Followed by neg Karma reports. Doesn't matter if I am in a Tashkent being outspotted with 2 ships for back-up that are nowhere near close enough to support against a shima, radar armed cruisers and 1/2 their damn team supporting them....or not. My fault. Bad DD....:Smile_facepalm:

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles

Match last night went like this, push into C cap, with people commenting on "we will support"

Get spotted and engage the red DD, look at mini map as I do not see any other shells being fired at the red DD.

The 8 ships supposedly supporting are behind this one rock saving themselves.

I leave cap, go out wide, and leave the area.

Enemy DD comes through and has a torp fest.

Support works both ways

This is why I am looking forward to the Asashio, not to not get up and cap and spot, but to rain living hell into these coward BB balls you see hiding behind the islands all match

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,439 posts
6,631 battles

time of the day, I usually log out before this occurs.