Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Protocol_17

query regarding new punishment system - game crashing

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[CYPHR]
Members
11 posts
9,890 battles

Hi Wargaming!

I'm wondering how it will work when the new patch starts and the new punishment system.   My game crashes often,  once per day on average and usually mid game.   will i get a strike because the game crashed? (freezes needing full restart)   Usually when this happens i have to restart my computer & it takes maybe 4-5 mins to get back in to the game & 95% of the time im already dead and would look like ive gone afk or rage quit.

Thanks!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
10 minutes ago, Protocol_17 said:

Hi Wargaming!

I'm wondering how it will work when the new patch starts and the new punishment system.   My game crashes often,  once per day on average and usually mid game.   will i get a strike because the game crashed? (freezes needing full restart)   Usually when this happens i have to restart my computer & it takes maybe 4-5 mins to get back in to the game & 95% of the time im already dead and would look like ive gone afk or rage quit.

Thanks!

If you are using Mac hold the “Command, Option, ESC” Keys and the Force Quit Menu box appears and just tap enter key of WOWs is only program running. Then just reopen the app, and the whole process can get you back into battle within 2 minutes. Just make sure you don’t go through the crash message, if the crash message pops up then just force quit the game and reopen since saves an extra minute if you are not closing things down by using crash message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[CYPHR]
Members
11 posts
9,890 battles

yea ive given that a go many times... doesn't work sadly.   usually when it freezes its stuck in a sound loop going 'ch ch ch ch ch ch.. ' and so on, keybaord/mouse completely locked up.  I'll need to hard reboot the machine (hold on button till machine switches off) which is also probably not good for the computer.

i am although working on seeing if wifey will let me get a new gaming PC lol, will take some convincing though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Sometimes the client crashes a second time and locks the system, others it looks like it is loading but has stall. Both can take a long to get past.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
32 minutes ago, Protocol_17 said:

yea ive given that a go many times... doesn't work sadly.   usually when it freezes its stuck in a sound loop going 'ch ch ch ch ch ch.. ' and so on, keybaord/mouse completely locked up.  I'll need to hard reboot the machine (hold on button till machine switches off) which is also probably not good for the computer.

i am although working on seeing if wifey will let me get a new gaming PC lol, will take some convincing though. 

Yeah I am drooling over a HP ZBook laptop somebody I know owns. The HP Z computers pack serious graphics and processing power lol. Only down side is if anything were to happen to that laptop it’s $4,000. :Smile_amazed:

Yeah way out of my price range, my Mac was given to me by my Grandfather, otherwise I likely would not have it, and is good enough to run WOWs since it’s well above optimal Mac requirements for WOWs. Still lol that HP ZBook is tempting to try since it would support the highest graphics settings of WOWs....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[CYPHR]
Members
11 posts
9,890 battles

yea they're pretty awesome - i used to work for an IT firm in sales and hold the record for selling the most expensive laptop which was one of those ones, it was like 15k not inc tax.  it was more than the cost of our average small server.  spec built by HP in Singapore & took about a month to get here, it basically had the max RAM available at the time and the largest RAID 0 SSD HDD with the biggest CPU & graphics and a ridiculous warranty that was more than the cost of a basic laptop lol

Still tho, wanting to know if i'll  get penalized if/when the game crashes. 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[JSG]
Alpha Tester
363 posts
4,893 battles
21 hours ago, Seamus_44 said:

Sometimes the client crashes a second time and locks the system, others it looks like it is loading but has stall. Both can take a long to get past.

 

 

22 hours ago, Protocol_17 said:

yea ive given that a go many times... doesn't work sadly.   usually when it freezes its stuck in a sound loop going 'ch ch ch ch ch ch.. ' and so on, keybaord/mouse completely locked up.  I'll need to hard reboot the machine (hold on button till machine switches off) which is also probably not good for the computer.

i am although working on seeing if wifey will let me get a new gaming PC lol, will take some convincing though. 

yeah buddy a hard reset or restart is extremely bad for your device , they advice strongly against it, and now if we get a crash and burn start we get punished for it go figure , know everyone will jump and say get a better rig blah blah blah, i hear you and hope wargaming can come up with a solution were this kind of error does not  penalize everyone whom go true this ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[CYPHR]
Members
11 posts
9,890 battles
59 minutes ago, Tank_Buster_ said:

 

yeah buddy a hard reset or restart is extremely bad for your device , they advice strongly against it, and now if we get a crash and burn start we get punished for it go figure , know everyone will jump and say get a better rig blah blah blah, i hear you and hope wargaming can come up with a solution were this kind of error does not  penalize everyone whom go true this ..

yea its not good at all..  my mac was at the time of purchase all most top of the line 2 or so years back.   i also do music production (reason for the machine) which is massively cpu/memory intensive.  never had an issue with crashing + a number of other games as you do with no issues again..  never had a problem in WoT so good probability its something in the game not 100% there. 

the occasional time i do get an error pop up it does look memory related - when i have spare $$'s will chuck another 16GB in and see how that goes

guessing for now we'll just have to contest each one with a ticket

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×