You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RadDisconnect

Can we sell ARP ships in 0.7.4?

13 comments in this topic

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

I'm quite short on credits as I'm grinding a few lines right now, and I heard that we can sell ARP ships soon. Will we see this in 0.7.4? I have way too many Myoko and Kongo clones and selling a few for credits will be nice. I kept all the captains though which I think are more important anyways.

On related note, will ARP Takao ever be able to mount camouflage? I know it's basically free Atago but since people can't get it anymore it's not like being able to mount camo on ARP Takao would really hurt sales.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,405 battles
2 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

I'm quite short on credits as I'm grinding a few lines right now, and I heard that we can sell ARP ships soon. Will we see this in 0.7.4? I have way too many Myoko and Kongo clones and selling a few for credits will be nice. I kept all the captains though which I think are more important anyways.

On related note, will ARP Takao ever be able to mount camouflage? I know it's basically free Atago but since people can't get it anymore it's not like being able to mount camo on ARP Takao would really hurt sales.

The ARP ships have skins rather than cammos (why you don’t get bonuses & mount cammos on these ships).  Since the ARpeggio Blue Steel cross-marketing agreement has expired, it’s unlikely the actual ships will be modified.  

For clarification, the ability to sell the ARP ships is actually a trade-in for compensation and not a sale of new ships.   As such WG is not actually selling the ARP ships to introduce more into the game.  Those who already have them can just get some compensation & free up a port slot.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles
14 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

I think selling them would be a mistake, some credits are good in the short term but there are 7 ARP ships. They are Japanese premium ships and they make an awesome Japanese captain grinder. Run your Captain through all 7 and get the first-day bonus and watch how fast he levels. That is worth FAR more in the long run compared to 30 million credits.

• Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
8,778 posts

AFAIK, I think it is only in the supertest version it's not on the PTS yet so probably still a little ways off.

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
53 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I think selling them would be a mistake, some credits are good in the short term but there are 7 ARP ships. They are Japanese premium ships and they make an awesome Japanese captain grinder. Run your Captain through all 7 and get the first-day bonus and watch how fast he levels. That is worth FAR more in the long run compared to 30 million credits.

They are not premium. They do not get any premium bonuses. Grinding a captain on it is just as effective as using a stock ship

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

I'd certainly like to. Rely more on my Tirpitz/Bismarck and Hindenburg captains if want to grind elite XP.

Frankly, the ARP Kongo clones leave something to be desired.  Their MB accuracy tends to be troll, and the ARP myokos suffer from their MB rotation as well as easy citadel placement.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,275 posts
3,653 battles
10 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

They are not premium. They do not get any premium bonuses. Grinding a captain on it is just as effective as using a stock ship

They are half premiums, the commanders function in them as in they would in any premium IJN ship, so there is some value there. I will personally keep em all since I don't need the credits that much and they most likely will never be attainable again

Edited by warheart1992

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

They are half premiums, the commanders function in them as in they would in any premium IJN ship, so there is some value there. I will personally keep em all since I don't need the credits that much and they most likely will never be attainable again

I haven't noticed a single difference in their economy earnings though

[HYDRO]
Members
1,275 posts
3,653 battles
6 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

I haven't noticed a single difference in their economy earnings though

Yes, you are correct in that. They wouldn't give 4 Myoko premiums, 4 Kongos and an Atago for free if they had premium earnings :Smile-_tongue:. However you can train Japanese captains in them without any need for retraining, as well as assign the anime captains to any IJN ship as you would normally. I don't have any IJN premium aside from the Katori, so I use them instead from time to time to retrain.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

Can’t be soon enough to get rid of the ARP ships.. do not want them

hopefully next patch, I made my ARP ships  reappear.. can’t sell em yet ...they have since disappeared again 

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Yes, you are correct in that. They wouldn't give 4 Myoko premiums, 4 Kongos and an Atago for free if they had premium earnings :Smile-_tongue:. However you can train Japanese captains in them without any need for retraining, as well as assign the anime captains to any IJN ship as you would normally. I don't have any IJN premium aside from the Katori, so I use them instead from time to time to retrain.

Oh yeah. You can put them on without retraining, yes.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,538 battles

I'll probably sell a few of them.  The dragon ship is definitely gone if I can sell it, and almost certainly Haguro.  I'm undecided about Myoko and Ashigara.  Nachi is my keeper.  I'm not sure which of the battleships I will keep.  I like the colors on most of them, but Kirishima is really the only one I play.  I wish I could gift them to other players rather than sell em, but meh.  Whatever, at least it's a way to clean up my port a bit.