You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheHamOfAllHams

Baltimore as a port?

20 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
299 battles

A little while ago I went to Baltimore and the inner harbor looked absolutely amazing, then I thought, "Why not have the Baltimore inner harbor as a port in WoWs?"   

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles

I'd support this, but only if the crew skill effectiveness for ships based there was reduced, since you'd always be sailing short-handed due to the murder rate.

• Funny 3

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
50 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I'd support this, but only if the crew skill effectiveness for ships based there was reduced, since you'd always be sailing short-handed due to the murder rate.

ROFLMAO...that is hilarious....you also would have to include random ship malfunctions from the rats chewing on the wires in the ship. Baltimore has rats EVERYWHERE.

• Funny 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles
3 hours ago, TheHamOfAllHams said:

(Unless that was serious)

Well, I suppose you could file it under "it's funny because it's true," as much as anything else.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles

I wonder if my hakaryu would fit... thing hardly fits in london and dunkerque (dunkerque looks like they launched it and went ahh fck when it hit the other side of the pier)

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,024 battles

They could animate the roving gangs assaulting people for that special something to look at when you're not looking at your ships.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I think there would be a coding issue associated with having both a Ship and a Port with the same name.  You'd click on random battles and you'd appear as the port rather than the ship.  I'm Pretty sure that's how it works.  

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
15 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I think there would be a coding issue associated with having both a Ship and a Port with the same name.  You'd click on random battles and you'd appear as the port rather than the ship.  I'm Pretty sure that's how it works.  

They could name it "Bal'mere"... that's how they pronounce it there.

Members
671 posts
2,201 battles
On 4/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, TheHamOfAllHams said:

A little while ago I went to Baltimore and the inner harbor looked absolutely amazing, then I thought, "Why not have the Baltimore inner harbor as a port in WoWs?"   

The inner harbor absolutely, positively, did not look like that in the 1940s.

Members
671 posts
2,201 battles
41 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

Bawlmer.

Members
753 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, TheHamOfAllHams said:

Well, the ships are never really "Moored" to anything in the port, but what would the malfunctions be?

Random power outages to various systems like the turrets, radar, etc. When I was in the Navy and stood quarterdeck watch we would have a charged firehose ready for when rats would try and run right up the gangplank. We would blast them off into the water below lol.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Random power outages to various systems like the turrets, radar, etc. When I was in the Navy and stood quarterdeck watch we would have a charged firehose ready for when rats would try and run right up the gangplank. We would blast them off into the water below lol.

poor lil vermin 

Members
14 posts
299 battles
On 4/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, Dr_Dirt said:

On 4/20/2018 at 3:09 PM, Skarp_AGW said:

Well we have the New York, and they didn't Name the New York port however the hell you spell New York in a New Yorker accent online so i dont see the same thing happening with Baltimore. 

And i never had that problem with the New York so...

Edited by TheHamOfAllHams

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
On 4/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, Dr_Dirt said:

poor lil vermin 

lol that is hilarious.