You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AL_Evans

0.7.4 PTS Hakuryu new airgroup

11 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
570 battles

I just tried out Hakuryu's new 3/3/2 loadout in PTS. It's quite fun to use but if you're not careful, you'll run out of fighters quickly as she only has 10 fighters in reserve. This might change in the upcoming update but as she stands now, you should take care of your fighters.

LDFZznh.jpg

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
13 minutes ago, AL_Evans said:

I just tried out Hakuryu's new 3/3/2 loadout in PTS. It's quite fun to use but if you're not careful, you'll run out of fighters quickly as she only has 10 fighters in reserve. This might change in the upcoming update but as she stands now, you should take care of your fighters.

would you be able to put the total numbers of planes up for each one  fighters, TB and DB, if i'm reading your post right it only has 25 fighters total and if you can midway would be great to. thankyou if your able to if not it's not a problem

[BEWBS]
Beta Testers
12 posts
1,726 battles

Hakuryu removed 2/3/3 = 25F, 38TB, 37DB
Hakuryu new 3/3/2 = 30F, 40TB, 30DB
Hakuryu 4/2/2 = 50F, 25TB, 25DB
Midway new numbers 2/2/2 = 35F, 40TB, 41DB

• Cool 2

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
14 minutes ago, TycoRevre said:

Hakuryu removed 2/3/3 = 25F, 38TB, 37DB
Hakuryu new 3/3/2 = 30F, 40TB, 30DB
Hakuryu 4/2/2 = 50F, 25TB, 25DB
Midway new numbers 2/2/2 = 35F, 40TB, 41DB

thank you for that info,  just looking at the numbers it looks like its going to be close between the two CV and will come down to skill and luck 

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles
5 hours ago, ausanimal said:

thank you for that info,  just looking at the numbers it looks like its going to be close between the two CV and will come down to skill and luck 

That is likely a false statement as midway has lower tier fighters. This is a blatant buff to the IJN cv along with plane number nerf for midway. 

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
52 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

That is likely a false statement as midway has lower tier fighters. This is a blatant buff to the IJN cv along with plane number nerf for midway. 

did you forget about dogfighting expert skill yes they get another fighter squad and TB squad but if you look at the stats for the fighter planes with dogfighting expert there's one a small difference in the DPS i think it's like 10 DPS the IJN fighters get more then the US ones, cruise speed is pretty much the same and ammo US fighters get a lot more, in a dogfight 1 vs 1 the US fighters should win because off number off planes in a squad.  if you start looking at the number and stats there both pretty close to amount off squads each one can use the only major one is the tier 8 TB for Midway. 

A 3rd fighter squad dos not mean a guaranteed win for Hakuryu, its going to come down to who plays better, uses there planes better, strafes will play a major role in this now if a midway takes out 2 squads before it loses 1 will put midway at a good advantage with fighters. both CV will have to be careful with how they use there planes now.

play some US CV matches at tier 7 and 8 and you will know what i mean, more fighter squad dos not mean that CV will win

Edited by ausanimal
info
  • Bad 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
154 posts
4,921 battles

I am betting 3/3/2 never makes it to the live servers. Sure, it's not as AS as the 4/2/2, but in comparison to Midway, it has more air power and strike power with better scouting from dive bombers. It unbalances the metagame.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
19 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I am betting 3/3/2 never makes it to the live servers. Sure, it's not as AS as the 4/2/2, but in comparison to Midway, it has more air power and strike power with better scouting from dive bombers. It unbalances the metagame.

we do know WG loves it's IJN CV so you never know, trying to balance both CV so its a close match is pretty much going to be hard to do, Midway will always have more planes in a squad and ammo to Hakuryu DB are just crapcompered to Midway and if we give Midway tier 10 TB then its to OP. so the problem is how do you balance them with out one being OP. if they went back to the 2-3-3 loadout maybe giving the Hakuryu a buff in there DB to do more Max dmg might help and give the Midway TB a buff in speed and keep fighters the way they are tier 10 for Hakuryu and tier 9 for Midway might work?

• Cool 1

Members
1,871 posts
5,656 battles

I mean, I could possibly accept this change IF WG decides to give Midway back tier 10 planes (at the very least tier 10 fighters, but hopefully more—tier 10 torpedo bombers would also be great). Heck, if they give Midway all tier 10 planes, I might even be accepting of the original nerf to 96!

While the squadron number difference does put Midway at a disadvantage, tier 10 fighters combined with large USN squadrons and their powerful strafes could potentially even it out at least in the air combat part, if not the spotting part.

While Midway's hanger nerf to 116 does concern me greatly, I feel that Hakuryu's anemic reserves if the Midway take down the first 3 squadrons could balance out here initial advantage.

However, if the Midway nerf and Hakuryu buff goes through as it is without any changes, with Midway having fewer reserves, a worse , I'm going to have to seriously question if WG has some sort of implicit bias against USN CVs or if they simply have no clue have to balance carriers.

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
6 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

However, if the Midway nerf and Hakuryu goes through as it is without any changes, with Midway having fewer reserves, a worse , I'm going to have to seriously question if WG has some sort of implicit bias against USN CVs or if they simply have no clue have to balance carriers.

pretty much if it do's go though and Hakuryu becomes OP and mideway is nerfed to much and WG do's nothing to act on it after some time like they did with the midway nerfs pretty much month after month, as much as a lot off people wont admit it the forums will start filling up with people complaining about the midway non stop and that WG has screwed the whole US CV line, even though it's just a game people may even take it further with why there doing.

then if WG still wont fix Midway at least a lot off US CV players will prob start to screw the game over for everyone else its a dangerous area  WG  is playing around with and good very easy blow back in there face

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles

4/2/2? sounds like a nightmare to organize and deploy effectively.